Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

RIP Que (Uga X) (1 Viewer)

Dawgsauce

Cornerback
Elite Member
Almost 11 years is a pretty long life for an English Bulldog
I think Russ only made 6. He died right after the loss to Kentucky if I remember right. I met both of them. Ran into Que before he was Uga in Savannah on a walk. I love our Bulldogs, but the transition bulldogs have taken since the 70s hasn't been great. I think the family that raises them are trying to increase their gene pool with healthier versions and a touch more slimmed down. It might take decades though. Also, fuck PETA. Fuck Texas and their stupid Barstool. Horns Down. RIP Que.

Dawgsauce

Cornerback
Elite Member
Is he the winningest bulldog in history?
Yep. Undefeated seasons, Nattys, and SECCGs. Mr. Angel was probably a close 2nd, but he wasn't an Uga. Bulldawgs didn't get that moniker until 1955. Mr. Angel was around for the 42 and 46 National Championship Dawgs, but they played less games each season. Here is a list of Ugas.
https://georgiadogs.com/sports/2017/6/16/uga

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Yep. Undefeated seasons, Nattys, and SECCGs. Mr. Angel was probably a close 2nd, but he wasn't an Uga. Bulldawgs didn't get that moniker until 1955. Mr. Angel was around for the 42 and 46 National Championship Dawgs, but they played less games each season. Here is a list of Ugas.
Does his death mean that Georgia is going into a downward spiral?

2010sarenevercoming

5 Star Punter
Elite Member
That's pretty good, but the current Herbie Husker has 441 wins & 3 national titles since 1974.

Dawgsauce

Cornerback
Elite Member
Does his death mean that Georgia is going into a downward spiral?
No, because it was during retirement. Boom came off the bench last year. We're all a little upset with Boom though since he didn't carry on with the threepeat. He's young, so maybe he'll get his act together. Uga VII (Loran's Best) died in season 2009 after a loss to KY and Richt never had a chance to win the Natty after that travesty.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
No, because it was during retirement. Boom came off the bench last year. We're all a little upset with Boom though since he didn't carry on with the threepeat. He's young, so maybe he'll get his act together. Uga VII (Loran's Best) died in season 2009 after a loss to KY and Richt never had a chance to win the Natty after that travesty.
Boom sounds like a loser to me. No SEC championships or Nattys.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds