Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

RIP Bobby Knight (1 Viewer)

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
People you've known and followed since you were little/young are now in their 70's and 80's and seem to be dying left and right. Right @LoudHogRider

I hope William Shatner isn't next. That guy is a boss and still has game.
Shatner is 92

LoudHogRider

Yells at Clouds
Elite Member
tPB OG
People you've known and followed since you were little/young are now in their 70's and 80's and seem to be dying left and right. Right @LoudHogRider

I hope William Shatner isn't next. That guy is a boss and still has game.
Too true. The guys I grew up watching on television (Red Skelton - GOAT, Jack Benny, Dean Martin, Desi Arnaz and Lucille Ball, Ed Sullivan, Dan Rowan & Dick Martin of "Laugh In" fame ), in sports and far too many musicians are mostly dead. Whether they made me laugh, want to be a pro ball player or a rock star, each of them was - in their own way - a hero to me as a boy.

But I'm blessed to have them immortalized in my memories (and on the interwebs) and grateful for the hours of entertainment and inspiration they provided.

RIP, Bobby or as Red Skelton would have said, "Good night and God bless!"

bbenson67

Cornerback
Elite Member
tPB OG
The reason for the famous chair throw was actually pretty reasonable.

"Knight exploded after the Hoosiers were called for their third foul in a span of 59 seconds. He uttered an obscenity, resulting in the first of three successive technicals, then picked up a red plastic chair with both hands and flung it onto the court."

His epitaph: "When my time on earth is gone, and my activities here are passed, I want them to bury me upside down, and my critics can kiss my ass!"

One of a kind and a basketball genius.

djw004

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
2 of my favorite clips:

1. Classic halftime freakout speech

2. The most casual “I hope they’re all dead” you’ll ever hear while on the Dan Patrick show…”I hope the rest of them go” 😂😂😂

BIGSTICK67

Board Chairman - TPB, LLC
Elite Member
tPB OG
Too true. The guys I grew up watching on television (Red Skelton - GOAT, Jack Benny, Dean Martin, Desi Arnaz and Lucille Ball, Ed Sullivan, Dan Rowan & Dick Martin of "Laugh In" fame ), in sports and far too many musicians are mostly dead. Whether they made me laugh, want to be a pro ball player or a rock star, each of them was - in their own way - a hero to me as a boy.

But I'm blessed to have them immortalized in my memories (and on the interwebs) and grateful for the hours of entertainment and inspiration they provided.

RIP, Bobby or as Red Skelton would have said, "Good night and God bless!"
So true. This Red is still alive but done with his shows. LMAO

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds