Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Rhules post game press conference Notes (2 Viewers)

skersker

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Failed in the sense that he got more out of his roster than Frost could have dreamed of?
I fucking hate Scott frost. His offenses were 15x better than that shit you just saw for 12 games. Rhule lost 5 one score games this year. Slot of the same shit like turnovers stayed the same/worse. STs sucked. tell me how anything you saw was different? Or is it that rhule is much more effective at speaking to the media than frost was so your opinion is different?

Juro

Sarcastic Ass
Elite Member
Bounty Hunter
Who is we? Do you think he cares less than you?
We as in the fanbase and because 6 wins and a bowl game would have created a lot of good buzz heading into next season. And he cares about the long game of the 3 year win count. I don't know which media member said it, but pretty much said Rhule is going to have to deal with the failed expectations in year 1 that resulted from the SF and Riley eras.

Here we are sitting at 5-7 again with a 4 one possession losses for the entire month of November. Misery not only came out again for the Husker fanbase, but it definitely kicked them down over and over again after giving us hope with the wins in October.

Rhule doesn't care less; but he might not know the extent of the misery that he has only had to deal with in year one.

Runtheball69

Bench Warmer
Elite Member
I fucking hate Scott frost. His offenses were 15x better than that shit you just saw for 12 games. Rhule lost 5 one score games this year. Slot of the same shit like turnovers stayed the same/worse. STs sucked. tell me how anything you saw was different? Or is it that rhule is much more effective at speaking to the media than frost was so your opinion is different?
Blocking field goals again and our special teams are worse? We have lost more guys on offense to injury than anyone could imagine and we still have better O-Line play this year. Scott Frost left us nothing. Be happy we have staff that clearly has developed the players we were left or continue to be a keyboard warrior. Either way, we really will miss you when your subscription promo runs out.

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
I take that as in we're looking for a great QB to happily want to transfer us
I don't think Rhule will be naive enough to think we can get a "great" QB out of the portal. There's basically only 1-2 "great" QBs available in the portal every year. So your odds are low for getting one.

I'll put it this way: if Sims was an 'F' level QB this year then Rhule will probably start by securing a minimum C or C+ level QB in the portal. That sounds bad but honestly If we had a C+ level quarterback this year the team probably goes 8-4.

If I were Rhule I'd tell Purdy he has full chance to compete for the starting gig next year BUT we are also bringing in the best QB we can.

Juro

Sarcastic Ass
Elite Member
Bounty Hunter
I don't think Rhule will be naive enough to think we can get a "great" QB out of the portal. There's basically only 1-2 "great" QBs available in the portal every year. So your odds are low for getting one.

I'll put it this way: if Sims was an 'F' level QB this year then Rhule will probably start by securing a minimum C or C+ level QB in the portal. That sounds bad but honestly If we had a C+ level quarterback this year the team probably goes 8-4.

If I were Rhule I'd tell Purdy he has full chance to compete for the starting gig next year BUT we are also bringing in the best QB we can.
I think you have to bring in two QBs. Can’t risk another season on just one transfer.

ChocaEgg

Ghost of Kiev đź‘»
Elite Member

Lol at trusting their QB evals/coaching

ChocaEgg

Ghost of Kiev đź‘»
Elite Member
Dude please stop posting
You and I both know that their QB coaching is lacking to put it nicely. They hand picked Sims, do you trust their evaluations? If you do, you're a bigger retard than I thought you were

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
We’re not Baylor nor Temple. Yes, he builds programs back up, but he should be seasoned enough throughout his career to know what type pieces need to be replaced after one season.

These next few weeks will determine a lot, but do you think he watched the offense this year and said, “yep, this scheme and play calling will get us 10 wins in year 3.”
The host on Big Red Overreaction made it sound like Rhule thinks they’ll be great on defense, good on special teams and ok on offense when things are running how he wants them… that sounds like total dogshit to me.

I don’t want to watch Nebraska games for the rest of my life that are settled on the last possession of the game. I will be dead of cardiac arrest before I hit 40.

BIG TONE SOPRANO

Really Big Truck
Elite Member
The host on Big Red Overreaction made it sound like Rhule thinks they’ll be great on defense, good on special teams and ok on offense when things are running how he wants them… that sounds like total dogshit to me.

I don’t want to watch Nebraska games for the rest of my life that are settled on the last possession of the game. I will be dead of cardiac arrest before I hit 40.

They are hard on a feller

kenyanfeline

Pussy Patrol
Insider
Elite Member
I see your sarcasm and I’ll challenge you on it.

You can’t preach “we’re getting better every week”, and not.

You can’t preach “we’re not going to beat ourselves”, and then beat ourselves.

You can’t preach “we’re going to aim for 1-0 every week”, and then 0-1 every week.

And finally say in a media video, “we’re going to get teams to respect us”, and then becoming a laughing stock on offense every week.
Again, I’m guessing somebody forgot to tell Rhule about all of these things and he wasn’t aware he should be trying to win and not turn the ball over. As fans, we all need to do a better job of telling him what OUR expectations are.

HCFord1

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG

lol that doesn’t even make any sense. His goal is great on defense but only “good” on special teams? And why would he settle for “okay” on offense rather than good?

Sounds like a completely fabricated take from someone who has absolutely no idea what’s inside the mind of Matt Rhule.

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Satterfield was never the OC for Rhule.
TEMPLE: Satterfield spent three seasons as the offensive coordinator at Temple from 2013 to 2015, where he helped guide the Owls to a conference divisional championship, a 10-win season, the school’s first top-25 ranking in 36 years and a bowl appearance. The Owls appeared in the AP Top 25 Poll for a school-record seven weeks in 2015.

Under Satterfield’s direction, the Temple offense averaged nearly 30 points per game in 2015. In his first season as coordinator in 2013, the Temple offense averaged nearly 400 yards per game, which was the most by an Owl team since 1979. Satterfield tutored Freshman All-American P.J. Walker, who threw for 2,084 yards and 20 touchdowns in just seven starts in 2013.

TEMPLE: Rhule's first head coaching job came at Temple, where he led the Owl program to new heights in four seasons from 2013 to 2016. Rhule guided Temple to a 28-23 record, including 20-7 over his final two years.

Last edited:

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
So looking at his year 2, nothing screams great. It looks like with his talent level in the SEC, it looks like it's pretty middle in the ground. But the turnover rate and the rushing yards per game should be a reddish yellow flag for what to expect going forward. And that is with a seasoned QB like Rattler (seasoned, not top notch).
What Beamer wants in his offense is not the same as what Rhule wants.

2023 post-Satt
1700917233481.png

Rushing YPC significantly, as is ppg

Rhule told us in the spring (when he thought he might have a serviceable QB) that the offense was going to be most like what he ran at Temple (using Satt as OC)

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds