Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Rhules post game press conference Notes (1 Viewer)

Juro

Sarcastic Ass
Elite Member
Bounty Hunter
TEMPLE: Satterfield spent three seasons as the offensive coordinator at Temple from 2013 to 2015, where he helped guide the Owls to a conference divisional championship, a 10-win season, the school’s first top-25 ranking in 36 years and a bowl appearance. The Owls appeared in the AP Top 25 Poll for a school-record seven weeks in 2015.

Under Satterfield’s direction, the Temple offense averaged nearly 30 points per game in 2015. In his first season as coordinator in 2013, the Temple offense averaged nearly 400 yards per game, which was the most by an Owl team since 1979. Satterfield tutored Freshman All-American P.J. Walker, who threw for 2,084 yards and 20 touchdowns in just seven starts in 2013.

TEMPLE: Rhule's first head coaching job came at Temple, where he led the Owl program to new heights in four seasons from 2013 to 2016. Rhule guided Temple to a 28-23 record, including 20-7 over his final two years.
You initially said Baylor. Satterfield was never OC for Rhule at Baylor.

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
1. Grad transfer QB
2. Purdy/HH
3. Redshirt freshman transfer QB
4. DK
5. Walk-ons
no young QB will transfer from a school where he is buried on the depth chart to one where he is 3rd string.

Reactions: Irv

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
You initially said Baylor. Satterfield was never OC for Rhule at Baylor.
apologies - I did, even though I know he wasn't OC at Baylor.

Juro

Sarcastic Ass
Elite Member
Bounty Hunter
no young QB will transfer from a school where he is buried on the depth chart to one where he is 3rd string.
We just recruit a young QB and give him a fair chance like everyone else. He may win, be backup, or third string.

BIG TONE SOPRANO

Really Big Truck
Elite Member
Again, I’m guessing somebody forgot to tell Rhule about all of these things and he wasn’t aware he should be trying to win and not turn the ball over. As fans, we all need to do a better job of telling him what OUR expectations are.
I don’t think he’s aware that our fans want to win.

Gman1228

Linebacker
Elite Member
Do folks really think we are going to get some ready made transfer QB? Folks are delusional if they truly think that is the case. Best case scenario, you get a player like Bo Nix but the issue is that Oregon has elevated Nix big time. Do we really think we will get a project like Nix and be able to develop him? Not a chance in hell. There isn't going to be some savior that comes in and saves the QB position, it isn't that easy. Get used to watching an offense that scores 10-20 points a game because it isn't changing with this offensive staff in place.

Turn Down for What

Running Back
Elite Member
Do folks really think we are going to get some ready made transfer QB? Folks are delusional if they truly think that is the case. Best case scenario, you get a player like Bo Nix but the issue is that Oregon has elevated Nix big time. Do we really think we will get a project like Nix and be able to develop him? Not a chance in hell. There isn't going to be some savior that comes in and saves the QB position, it isn't that easy. Get used to watching an offense that scores 10-20 points a game because it isn't changing with this offensive staff in place.
This has been pounded to death.

It's not just the QB position that was a disaster. The play calling was a disaster. There was no flow at all this season on that side of the ball. Zero fucking identity. Can someone name one fucking team that was good that didn't have an identity?

The QB sucks. The playcaller sucks. Rhule's clock management sucks. And our white WR's suck. These are all facts. Rhule is going to have to flip the offensive side of the ball a complete 180. What are the odds that happens? Not to go along with a much tougher schedule next season.

Gman1228

Linebacker
Elite Member
This has been pounded to death.

It's not just the QB position that was a disaster. The play calling was a disaster. There was no flow at all this season on that side of the ball. Zero fucking identity. Can someone name one fucking team that was good that didn't have an identity?

The QB sucks. The playcaller sucks. Rhule's clock management sucks. And our white WR's suck. These are all facts. Rhule is going to have to flip the offensive side of the ball a complete 180. What are the odds that happens? Not to go along with a much tougher schedule next season.
Yep, can't wait for 2 more years of Alex Bullock! Just when we think we are rid of him, guess what, there will be another one just like him!

Blbmeb

Linebacker
Elite Member
I would like to see a comparison of how many turnovers came from our QB’s vs other players. This will tell you where the real turnover problem lies.

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
lol that doesn’t even make any sense. His goal is great on defense but only “good” on special teams? And why would he settle for “okay” on offense rather than good?

Sounds like a completely fabricated take from someone who has absolutely no idea what’s inside the mind of Matt Rhule.
Who knows, he made it sound like the style of offense Rhule is going for is more about setting the defense up for success than being high-powered/scoring. Basically said we’re trying to be Cockeye lmao

Cockeye’s offense is hot, frothing dogshit so it’s hard to imagine wanting to emulate it.

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
It’s whatever. I’m still cooling down from yesterday. I just don’t have faith in Satt, but I hope he proves me wrong so I can eat my crow.
No reason not to listen to your gut. It worked for me regarding Sims.

BIG TONE SOPRANO

Really Big Truck
Elite Member
Lots of knowledge on here. We should start a consulting business. We could offer up our services to all brands and classes of coaches on clock management, play calling, talent acquisition and proper game flow. We will be printing money with all this wasted talent on here.

DrumMonkeyRobot

Cornerback
Elite Member
For years I heard Husker fans bitching that our coaches kept trying to fit a square peg in a round hole offensively. “Why can’t we adjust our offense to the players we have!?” Now we see Rhule and co. attempting to do just that and the refrain is “We have no identity!” Well yeah, it’s hard to have an identity when your offense is a walking MASH unit and you’re trying to find 11 players who can even play. It’s almost impossible to focus on an identity under those circumstances. You’re simply catering to your new cast of characters each week.

Did Rhule and his staff make mistakes along the way? Of course they did. But this is year one. Anytime you have a group of humans working in concert, it takes time to gel. If we’re seeing the same issues by the end of year two, maybe some of these tantrums will be warranted. Until then, some of ya’ll need to go touch some grass.

ChocaEgg

Ghost of Kiev 👻
Elite Member
For years I heard Husker fans bitching that our coaches kept trying to fit a square peg in a round hole offensively. “Why can’t we adjust our offense to the players we have!?” Now we see Rhule and co. attempting to do just that and the refrain is “We have no identity!” Well yeah, it’s hard to have an identity when your offense is a walking MASH unit and you’re trying to find 11 players who can even play. It’s almost impossible to focus on an identity under those circumstances. You’re simply catering to your new cast of characters each week.

Did Rhule and his staff make mistakes along the way? Of course they did. But this is year one. Anytime you have a group of humans working in concert, it takes time to gel. If we’re seeing the same issues by the end of year two, maybe some of these tantrums will be warranted. Until then, some of ya’ll need to go touch some grass.
Disagree that is what they were trying to do. That's part of the reason that we had so many damn turnovers. Our OC either couldn't identify things that we do well and stick with/build off of them or just preferred to throw his own shit at the wall.

DrumMonkeyRobot

Cornerback
Elite Member
Disagree that is what they were trying to do. That's part of the reason that we had so many damn turnovers. Our OC either couldn't identify things that we do well and stick with/build off of them or just preferred to throw his own shit at the wall.
The Big Lebowski Dude GIF

DrumMonkeyRobot

Cornerback
Elite Member
I’m pretty sure they said publicly that they were incorporating more option into their offense when HH became the starter and they realized he couldn’t throw for shit.

David Webb

JCTJB
Elite Member
Please list the things the offense did well that Rhule/Satt failed to work around?

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds