Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Rhules post game press conference Notes (2 Viewers)

ChocaEgg

Ghost of Kiev đŸ‘»
Elite Member
I want a team that wins 10+ games in year 3, like Temple and Baylor. I really didn't have a W-L record goal for this year.
I didn't have a w/l record in mind for an 'acceptable' season either. I'm on record saying that we shouldn't hold the w/l record against Rhule, but I didn't anticipate an entire side of the ball being an absolute clown show. No objective person can argue that the hires on the offensive side of the ball were head-scratching (for the most part) and that the results weren't surprising, given the personnel decisions and the hires that Rhule made. Just an abject failure, no matter how you slice it.

ChocaEgg

Ghost of Kiev đŸ‘»
Elite Member
I think he has a better idea how to build a program to 10 wins than whiny Nebraska fans that are ready to run him out after one year but shouted “five full years” for Scott Frost well past the point where it made any rational sense - if something needs to change, I am guessing it will change
Uh Huh Sure GIF

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
These next few weeks will determine a lot, but do you think he watched the offense this year and said, “yep, this scheme and play calling will get us 10 wins in year 3.”
Of course I don't. And going into this year it was obvious he didn't either just based on the types of HS quarterbacks he was recruiting. I always assumed this year's offense was a transition offense that had components that built to what he wanted to do but wouldn't look a lot like the future offense. He told us as much several times.

He won't run his QBs like this down the road after he gets his pieces in place.

Juro

Sarcastic Ass
Elite Member
Bounty Hunter
I think he has a better idea how to build a program to 10 wins than whiny Nebraska fans that are ready to run him out after one year but shouted “five full years” for Scott Frost well past the point where it made any rational sense - if something needs to change, I am guessing it will change
I don’t want to run Rhule out of town, I honestly think he will thrive here; but I don’t want him to wait until year two to fire an OC, his highest paid staff member, when most of us already see.

And if you’re allowed to use Rhule’s success in this argument, I should fully be able to use Satterfield’s lack of success.

ChocaEgg

Ghost of Kiev đŸ‘»
Elite Member
If Riley’s .500 record told people he was a loser, then why doesn’t Rhule’s trajectory at two prior stops tell us anything?

Either past performance matters or it doesn’t
Rhule's trajectory at Carolina isn't exactly the gleaming beacon of hope that you think it is. Regardless, our biggest failure has been our offense, and our Offensive Coordinator's past performace absolutely does matter. He's been a failure everywhere and Rhule has basically guaranteed that he'll be back in the same capacity next year, despite his failure.

Juro

Sarcastic Ass
Elite Member
Bounty Hunter
Of course I don't. And going into this year it was obvious he didn't either just based on the types of HS quarterbacks he was recruiting. I always assumed this year's offense was a transition offense that had components that built to what he wanted to do but wouldn't look a lot like the future offense. He told us as much several times.

He won't run his QBs like this down the road after he gets his pieces in place.
We don’t know though. This might be the identity of it. But for a 1.4 million OC, we should have seen some type of identity or a coordinator who could get a little more out of his offense than 14 points per game.

Chi7397

Cornerback
Elite Member
Rhule's trajectory at Carolina isn't exactly the gleaming beacon of hope that you think it is. Regardless, our biggest failure has been our offense, and our Offensive Coordinator's past performace absolutely does matter. He's been a failure everywhere and Rhule has basically guaranteed that he'll be back in the same capacity next year, despite his failure.

I don’t see how Carolina is relevant - completely different game in the NFL

ChocaEgg

Ghost of Kiev đŸ‘»
Elite Member
We don’t know though. This might be the identity of it. But for a 1.4 million OC, we should have seen some type of identity or a coordinator who could get a little more out of his offense than 14 points per game.
100% correct. 14 points a game (regardless of the talent level) is nothing short of an abysmal failure by an OC that is paid top-10 (hell, even top-50) at his position.

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
I don’t want to run Rhule out of town, I honestly think he will thrive here; but I don’t want him to wait until year two to fire an OC, his highest paid staff member, when most of us already see.

And if you’re allowed to use Rhule’s success in this argument, I should fully be able to use Satterfield’s lack of success.
South Carolina scored more points per game last year than they scored this year. Before that he was Rhule's OC in the Baylor rebuild. Those are his only two OC experiences in FBS. Before that he had two OC jobs in FCS where he was pretty successful. Where did he bomb in your eyes?

Dr.DrakeRamoray

Wide Receiver
Insider
tPB OG
If you use Carolina in any part of your evaluation of Rhule you are an idiot, how many coaches sucked in the NFL but were great in college? Saban, Meyer, Chip at Oregon, etc

Dr.DrakeRamoray

Wide Receiver
Insider
tPB OG
He’s also talking about Baylor and temple not Carolina

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
But for a 1.4 million OC, we should have seen some type of identity or a coordinator who could get a little more out of his offense than 14 points per game.
Does the talent level factor into your equation at all?

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Or it could tell us a lot. Look at Riley and Frost's first year as HC here.

Told us all we needed to know.
Not really. I guarantee you that you didn't correctly predict yr 2 W/L for either the Riley or Frost regime. Biggest issue for both regimes was QB.

Riley's problem was that he never got his QB.
Frost's problem was that he crowned a TR FR his starting QB - unquestioned - for the next 4 seasons.

Rhule's regime - like his regime in Carolina - is going to depend on whether or not he can get the right QB in here. He missed on his QB possibly worse than any HC in P5. But he gets some slack because it was year 1 and he was at least able to eek out 5 wins w no good QB on the roster. But Rhule now has to figure out something in yr 2 - or if it's rough at least show you're building w a young QB for yr 3.

ChocaEgg

Ghost of Kiev đŸ‘»
Elite Member
If you use Carolina in any part of your evaluation of Rhule you are an idiot, how many coaches sucked in the NFL but were great in college? Saban, Meyer, Chip at Oregon, etc
Oh snap, now that I realize we got us a Saban, Meyer, type of coach we gucci. Carry on, taters.

Runtheball69

Bench Warmer
Elite Member
I just don’t think he knows or cares how the fans care. We literally said, get us six wins and get to a bowl game. Your offense lost majority of games this season; time to say ‘fixing it’ by getting rid of bad coaches.
I want you to name me contributors that this offense had from last year. If he had this personnel for any of the last five years we may have been lucky to win two games. Get off the sauce and realize what we were working with this year.

ChocaEgg

Ghost of Kiev đŸ‘»
Elite Member
I want you to name me contributors that this offense had from last year. If he had this personnel for any of the last five years we may have been lucky to win two games. Get off the sauce and realize what we were working with this year.
Casey Thompson, Ajay Allen, wait a minute...

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds