Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Recruiting thread - race to signing day

In my research on Rhule I came across quite a few instances where he mentioned he was quite demanding of his coaches and the work ethic he expected wasn't for every player or coach. He stressed hard work from players and coaches. Said that some coaches wouldn't fit in well with his demands of them which might explain why he hires coaches he has a former working relationship with. They know what they are getting into and aren't afraid of the hard work. Even though our new DC Tony White has never coached with or under Rhule he was a Linebacker at UCLA when Rhule was the Defensive Line Coach at UCLA. White has some idea of what Matt Rhule is all about behind the scenes.
Have any vids for reference?

Have any vids for reference?
There have been so many interviews and articles as I have been studying up on him since I thought he was going to be hired as our coach after the 2021 season. I am bummed as there was one interview/article in particular about him that was long and incredibly informative. I remember reading it after last season. It wasn't one of the major publications like ESPN or Sports Illustrated but a less known newspaper or sports publication.

Below is an article from the World Herald where he mentions he is a very demanding coach and some other articles where it is discussed in his past.

There have been so many interviews and articles as I have been studying up on him since I thought he was going to be hired as our coach after the 2021 season. I am bummed as there was one interview/article in particular about him that was long and incredibly informative. I remember reading it after last season. It wasn't one of the major publications like ESPN or Sports Illustrated but a less known newspaper or sports publication.

Below is an article from the World Herald where he mentions he is a very demanding coach and some other articles where it is discussed in his past.

Right on, thanks!

Word is that he is Cockeye bound anyway
I've only talked with Dae'vonn a handful of times. But I talk to his younger brother nearly every week (8th grader who is really starting to grow into his body and will likely be a stud too). The last conversation I had with his brother didn't sound too terribly promising. But he does come from a really good family.

If I see him today, I'll say something to him and see what I can find out.

Recruiting Late 2023 OL/DL offer to watch​

Greg Smith

Nebraska has a new lineman offer out in South Dakota. Jason Maciejczak was offered by the staff and he announced it on Friday.

Maciejczak was pumped about the offer and gave me a little insight into why this offer came so late.

"It was crazy, Maciejczak said. "They recruited me with Frost but Coach Raiola liked me and still does but Frost didn’t seem to want to offer me so I swept it under the table and committed to UND. Last night Coach Omar [Hales] called me and said 'I don't know what happened with Frost but you need to be a Cornhusker' so I’m still exploring it. It blew my mind to be honest."

He's not an early enrollee because he is playing basketball and a three-time runner up in shot and doesn't want to miss those activities this spring. The lineman wants to get down to Lincoln this weekend to meet the coaches in person but there is currently a blizzard in South Dakota keeping him from traveling.

This is one to keep an eye on as we get close to early signing day.

1BC71BC6-D55D-4B39-B35B-64CCFFBF63A1.jpeg

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back