Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Recruiting thread - race to signing day (1 Viewer)

nja13

2x All-state FG/PAT holder
Elite Member
Interesting nugget from Benning on Coffee and Cream today.

They were on the topic of Rhule mending fences in state. DB said he does not think Zane Flores is going to NU and that he’s fully committed to Okie State, BUT DB said when Rhule tried to talk to ZF and Gretna two weeks ago and it was “they won’t even speak with us. Then last weekend it was ‘OK, we’ll take a call.’”

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
I wonder if that means we landed princewill and the big dude from A&M would be huge.
Crystal Balls and that kinda prediction stuff is being put in by a couple writers for Princewill to Nebraska. Appears to help that Rhule had recruited his older brother before he headed to Carolina so the family knew him and respects him. Having an already established relationship with them might work out well for us.

Huskerforlife

Head Coach
Elite Member

2023 WR Barry Jackson set to take an official visit to Cincinnati​

Jeremy Johnson
nebraska-wr-barry-jackson-set-to-take-an-official-visit-to-cincinnati
Photo by Jeremy Johnson/Tater Island

Ellenwood (Ga.) Cedar Grove wide receiver Barry Jackson has been committed to Nebraska since the summer. The Cornhuskers have gone through some changes.

Nebraska has hired Matt Rhule to replace Scott Frost as head coach. The Cornhuskers haven’t taken long at building a relationship with Jackson.

Jackson is still high on the Cornhuskers. The new relationship has been one he covets.

“I have great relationships with the new coaches,” Jackson told Tater Island. “We talk every now and then to make sure everything is still good.”

Jackson has been watching and listening to Rhule’s first few weeks as Nebraska’s head coach. He’s been impressed by the mentality.

“I can see he’s ready to get to work and get this season going,” Jackson said.

Barry Jackson still taking a look elsewhere​

Jackson will sign on Dec. 21. Jackson is with Nebraska at the moment. Jackson is still open to taking a look elsewhere. Cincinnati and Georgia Tech are the other contenders working to flip Jackson.

Jackson will be at Cincinnati for an official visit starting today. The Bearcats offered Jackson last week. He had built a strong bond with much of the Bearcats’ new staff at Louisville.

The Cardinals were one of Jackson’s finalists.

“I am still locked in with them (Nebraksa) but my recruitment is still open,” Jackson said. “Cincinnati’s coaches came from Louisville and I already had a good relationship with them.”

Huskerforlife

Head Coach
Elite Member

TE Andrew Metzger has great time on official visit to Nebraska​

Bryan Mongo
Andrew Metzger officially visits Nebraska
Andrew Metzger officially visits Nebraska
Andrew Metzger from Aurora (Colo.) Regis Jesuit returned to Colorado on Sunday following a weekend official visit to Nebraska. On Sunday night, he said that he needed a few days to think about things and hadn’t ruled out taking another visit. The CUcommit also said he was still talking with the Buffs.

A few days later, Metzger backed off his commitment to Colorado, and things could be looking up for Nebraska.

“The visit (to Nebraska) was really good,” Metzger said. “Everything was amazing. The facilities and the people were great. That’s really what stood out to me was the people.

“My sister goes to school there at Nebraska. I have a little familiarity with things there, but I haven’t been there a ton. It was great to see the football side of the school.”

Story Link: Wednesday Notebook: Nebraska will bring in a second transfer portal quarterback this weekend in Arkansas’s Malik Hornsby and more visitor notes

It was two and a half days of things to do and see for Metzger in Lincoln. Day one was the business side of the visit. On Saturday, things slowed down a bit for a basketball game, and he was headed home early the next day.

“We got in on Friday and that’s when we did the main stuff. We did all of the academics and the football meetings.

“On Saturday, it was the basketball game and a few other things. We were out on Sunday morning headed back home.”

Nebraska’s facilities impress Andrew Metzger​

Metzger minced no words in saying that Nebraska’s current facilities are better than some other schools’ existing facilities. Then he saw the future of Nebraska’s facilities and walked through the construction.

“The facilities that they have right now are awesome,” Metzger said. “They are better than some of the other schools that I have seen. The new stuff, we got to walk around in the construction and it’s crazy.

“There is a lot of new stuff, a lot of cool stuff, and I think a lot of things that will help build up the program to help them be successful in the future. It will be good.”

There was also an opportunity to walk out onto the field at Memorial Stadium and soak in what it would be like to play there at Nebraska.

“The stadium was really cool. It is a big selling point to have the recruits out to the middle of the field and just stand there and see everything. It’s massive and Nebraska football is a huge deal.”

Metzger also got a chance to sit with his position coach and talk about how he sees things working with the offense. He was told that there aren’t a lot of guys on the current roster that can put their hand in the dirt as a Y, and fewer still can do that and flex out.

“Coach Sat showed me his most recent stuff at South Carolina,” Metzger said. “He just went over what they do with a lot of 12 and 13 personnel. He showed me playing a Y with my hand in the dirt, but also said I could move around and do anything.”

The rating for the official visit could have been a better score. Metzger knows that the new staff is still figuring things out.

“I would say it was an “8” or a “9”,” Metzger said. “The Nebraska staff is doing a great job with hosting visitors even though this was their first official visitor weekend. Overall it was a really great visit.”

Metzer said on Sunday night that he needed to think things through and that he was still talking to Colorado and could also take an official visit to another school this weekend. Later in the week Metzger decommitted from Colorado.

The Huskers recently lost their tight end commitment, Benjamin Brahmer. Brahmer flipped on his commitment to Cockeye Stateafter taking some game-day visits to Ames after Scott Frost was fired from Nebraska.

BluesBucksNHuskers

Running Back
Elite Member
I refuse to follow HS recruiting but this staff is all over the place in a good way. It hasn’t felt this “active” since the Callahan days unless I’m missing something

Huskerforlife

Head Coach
Elite Member

Recruiting Late-rising Oklahoma 2023 LB added to visit list​

Greg Smith
Visit lists are always changing especially this late in the game. Sources are telling me that Nebraska will no longer host Texas linebacker Latreveon McCutchin. His visit to both Nebraska and Oklahoma State have been pushed so it seems like schools are "cooling" on him.

I can report an addition to the official visit list this weekend. Oklahoma linebacker Eric Fields will be on campus for an OV. I can't find his full stats but after six games this season he racked up 105 total tackles, 2 Sacks and a forced fumble. He is pretty under the radar with Arkansas State being the only official visit he took this month. His senior film is outstanding.

DE05AB4C-234C-4A2E-A32F-A00905DF42CE.jpeg

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member

Recruiting Late-rising Oklahoma 2023 LB added to visit list​

Greg Smith
Visit lists are always changing especially this late in the game. Sources are telling me that Nebraska will no longer host Texas linebacker Latreveon McCutchin. His visit to both Nebraska and Oklahoma State have been pushed so it seems like schools are "cooling" on him.

I can report an addition to the official visit list this weekend. Oklahoma linebacker Eric Fields will be on campus for an OV. I can't find his full stats but after six games this season he racked up 105 total tackles, 2 Sacks and a forced fumble. He is pretty under the radar with Arkansas State being the only official visit he took this month. His senior film is outstanding.

View attachment 18080

Holy shit, that kid is electric. He must actually weigh like 185 lbs...I don't know why else he isn't more heavily recruited.

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds