Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Recruiting thread - race to signing day (3 Viewers)

jasonmomoa

Bench Warmer
the warning bells about Coleman have been going off for a while but it's pretty clear that kid is going to flame out in college, he's just let it all go to his head.
yea. CU or Michigan can have him. we clearly don't need him.
200.gif

LoudHogRider

Yells at Clouds
Elite Member
tPB OG
I tell ya what, there were lots people hesitant about Rhule because he “hates recruiting.”

I don’t think we can definitively say how GOOD of a recruiter he is yet, but the dude is relentless.
Let's be honest: he's waiting for his remaining staff to complete their current corching obligations, and he really doesn't have anything else to do BESIDES croot up a storm. He's had time to watch ALL the tape on the current players and knows his cupboard - while not bare - needs re-stocking. Croot, corch, croot!

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
I tell ya what, there were lots people hesitant about Rhule because he “hates recruiting.”

I don’t think we can definitively say how GOOD of a recruiter he is yet, but the dude is relentless.
I'm not sure why our fans parroted that he hated recruiting. I couldn't find anything out there on videos or articles where he said that. What I found was actually quite the contrary as he said he loved meeting the players & families and building relationships. Talked about getting to know them and it was beyond discussing just football. Many articles said he was known as a good recruiter. He comes across as very comfortable in his own skin. Confident yet humble and genuine. I see a big influence in the way he communicates from his father, who was a Minister.

DrumMonkeyRobot

Cornerback
Elite Member
I'm not sure why our fans parroted that he hated recruiting. I couldn't find anything out there on videos or articles where he said that. What I found was actually quite the contrary as he said he loved meeting the players & families and building relationships. Talked about getting to know them and it was beyond discussing just football. Many articles said he was known as a good recruiter. He comes across as very comfortable in his own skin. Confident yet humble and genuine. I see a big influence in the way he communicates from his father, who was a Minister.
I got heavy minister vibes during his opening press conference. A lot of parents are gonna dig that, me thinks.

Ripping Lips

And I ain’t talking about fish
Elite Member
I feel that a majority of people assume that the reason why a coach goes from the college ranks to the NFL is that they hate recruiting and feel like they are constantly baby sitting these young men to keep them out of trouble. I guess one advantage that a college coach does have over a NFL coach is that they have more say over the players on the team vice the NFL where he might get input, but not make the final decision on who gets signed whether through the draft or free agency. Glad to see that Rhule is embracing the recruiting process and keeping the fans engaged unlike the previous coaching staff.

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
I got heavy minister vibes during his opening press conference. A lot of parents are gonna dig that, me thinks.
That vibe is probably better than showing up with blood shot eyes, a big chaw in your mouth, some stripper glitter still on your shirt and the sour smells of sweating out last nights Busch Latte's

ac husker

Safety
Elite Member
2 UF players visiting this weekend. Rivals feels good about NU’s chances with both.

Attachments

• 6AE78C77-F0C4-46BF-AD3A-94449BFC0F05.jpeg
    6AE78C77-F0C4-46BF-AD3A-94449BFC0F05.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 33

Cookiemonster

PIIHB
Elite Member
2 UF players visiting this weekend. Rivals feels good about NU’s chances with both.

Would both be amazing additions to our team.

Fargo Husker

Quarterback
Elite Member

Chief Borders is an elite name.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds