Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Recruiting thread - race to signing day (2 Viewers)

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
With Kienholz officially committing to tOSU, where does that put us with Raiola? Is it true that tOSU said they were not going to take a QB in this class?
dragon chase GIF by South Park

It puts us here. I'd shop Dylan's face onto the dragon if I wasn't an absolute idiot

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
I'm not sure why our fans parroted that he hated recruiting. I couldn't find anything out there on videos or articles where he said that. What I found was actually quite the contrary as he said he loved meeting the players & families and building relationships. Talked about getting to know them and it was beyond discussing just football. Many articles said he was known as a good recruiter. He comes across as very comfortable in his own skin. Confident yet humble and genuine. I see a big influence in the way he communicates from his father, who was a Minister.
When he took the Baylor job he said a nice thing about the job was that the recruiting trips were shorter than what he had at previous jobs. That got blown WAY out of proportion.

Cookiemonster

PIIHB
Elite Member
When he took the Baylor job he said a nice thing about the job was that the recruiting trips were shorter than what he had at previous jobs. That got blown WAY out of proportion.
I recall a video where he said he would rather develop a low star guy than go through the effort of going after 5 star guys and that he trusts his evaluation skills.

I know that’s where my concern came into play as right now we can’t afford to not have leaders in recruiting. But so far I’ve enjoyed what Rhule is doing recruiting wise and will not lump myself into a group that thinks they know better than Rhule.

If he can pull off these Florida transfers and some of these linemen look out.

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
I'm not sure why our fans parroted that he hated recruiting. I couldn't find anything out there on videos or articles where he said that. What I found was actually quite the contrary as he said he loved meeting the players & families and building relationships. Talked about getting to know them and it was beyond discussing just football. Many articles said he was known as a good recruiter. He comes across as very comfortable in his own skin. Confident yet humble and genuine. I see a big influence in the way he communicates from his father, who was a Minister.
I think it stemmed from his comments about recruiting at Baylor where he thought it was great he didn't need to leave the state to recruit.

Obviously, that is a great advantage to have. Potatoes will potato, though.

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
2 UF players visiting this weekend. Rivals feels good about NU’s chances with both.

1671039487386.png

skerfan

Cornerback
Elite Member
I am not a D1 football recruiter obviously but I am not so sure Naquil has the athleticism required to be a P5 offensive lineman. I think he looks a lot like the linemen we spend a lot of time bitching about.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
It was the clip where he said recruiting at Baylor is great. I don't have to go more than an hour in any direction. Or something along those lines. Simple took that to mean Rhule hated recruiting and all the taters ran with it.

They're not smart people Mtn.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
I recall a video where he said he would rather develop a low star guy than go through the effort of going after 5 star guys and that he trusts his evaluation skills.

I know that’s where my concern came into play as right now we can’t afford to not have leaders in recruiting. But so far I’ve enjoyed what Rhule is doing recruiting wise and will not lump myself into a group that thinks they know better than Rhule.

If he can pull off these Florida transfers and some of these linemen look out.
Would like to see the actual quote in context.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds