Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Recruiting thread 2024

Finally was able to take his OV

Thats a big Mamma-Jamma

eaa113e6-e02f-4816-b7c1-4b1cdf5addfa_text.gif

Finally was able to take his OV

Jason Maciejczak says signing with Nebraska was the best decision of his life​

Bryan Mongo •about 11 hours
Jason Maciejczak on official visit to Nebraska

At the start of December, Jason Maciejczak was a North Dakota commitment. The three-star prospect, according to On3, picked up an offer from Nebraska on 12/16, and Mother Nature kept Maciejczak from visiting before signing day.

The 6-foot-3 and 320-pound Maciejczak from Pierre (S.D.) T.F. Riggs, fortunately, had been on campus before and signed with the Huskers in December. This weekend was the first time he met any new Nebraska staff that head coach Matt Rhule has hired.

“This was the first time, in-person, that we got to actually hang out,” Maciejczak said. “I really got to know them from a football standpoint and from a personal standpoint.”

“I think that they’re really in the same boat I am and we are all going through this together. My family and I really felt like we built a great relationship with the coaching staff at Nebraska.”

Maciejczak seeing a future on defense​

Maciejczak knows coach Donovan Raiola, the offensive line coach, who was retained from the previous staff. However, coach Raiola was on the road recruiting, and Maciejczak spent a lot of time talking to coaches from the other side of the ball.

“Coach Raiola was in Hawaii and was recruiting,” Maciejczak said. “I met with coach Knighton and coach White. I met with them about the defensive side of the ball. They are really excited about me and I am really excited about them.

“They really gave me a great perspective when I was there, the realities of playing there and what they believe in. Again, they got there when Nebraska offered and we are going through this again. But we built a great relationship.”

The weekend in Lincoln may have convinced Maciejczak that his future is on the defensive side of the ball. Nebraska may have liked him on offense, but there was always a thought he could play, either.

“It’s 50-50 right now. I think that I am leaning more towards playing on the defensive side of the ball. The thought originally when I signed here was to play of offense, but now I think that I want to go play defense. I am not for sure, but I can switch to the other side.”

Maciejczak heard from the Nebraska staff this weekend that they felt he could play all of the interior defensive line spots from the 0 to the 4i.

“They said that the best 11 guys are going to play,” Maciejczak said. “Nebraska told me that I need to be versatile which is good for me because I believe that I can do that. They told me that they thought I could play in a 0, 1, 3, 5 or the inside shade like 4i. They like me anywhere on the interior.”

Maciejczak sees new facilities and talks to several players​

There may have been some understanding about the campus and knowing his way around for Maciejczak. But, he has never had a chance to see the facilities and compare them with the new construction.

“Going in I knew that they would be nice, but the pure size of everything surprised me. The new walk-through field is 50-yards, I think. And the new locker room is crazy and the new weight room is twice the size of the current one.”

One benefit to taking an official visit in January instead of December was the numerous early enrollees already on-campus, going through workouts and getting a report on how things have been since they joined the team.

“I talked to them a little bit like I caught up with Princewill, I think that is his name, and he said everything was good. I also talked to the freshman that were a year ahead of me and they said everything was changing. They said it’s the new staff and it’s good change.

“The new staff is putting a lot of stuff on them already. They love everything about it. That was from guys like Nash Hutmacher and Gage Stenger. And I also talked a lot to Nouredin Nouili a lot.”

Signing with Nebraska was the best decision for Maciejczak​

Committing to Nebraska was a leap of faith. He did a Zoom call, met the staff, and saw the facilities, but he couldn’t do it in person. Looking back at his decision to decommit from North Dakota, he says it was the best thing for him to do.

“Oh yeah,” Maciejczak said. “It was the best decision of my life. It was a hard one, but I am very happy with the decision that I made.”

Maciejczak said he and his family plan to return to the spring game.

At the start of December, Jason Maciejczak was a North Dakota commitment. The three-star prospect, according to Tater Island, picked up an offer from Nebraska on 12/16, and Mother Nature kept Maciejczak from visiting before signing day.

The 6-foot-3 and 320-pound Maciejczak from Pierre (S.D.) T.F. Riggs, fortunately, had been on campus before and signed with the Huskers in December. This weekend was the first time he met any new Nebraska staff that head coach Matt Rhule has hired.

“This was the first time, in-person, that we got to actually hang out,” Maciejczak said. “I really got to know them from a football standpoint and from a personal standpoint.”

“I think that they’re really in the same boat I am and we are all going through this together. My family and I really felt like we built a great relationship with the coaching staff at Nebraska.”

Maciejczak knows coach Donovan Raiola, the offensive line coach, who was retained from the previous staff. However, coach Raiola was on the road recruiting, and Maciejczak spent a lot of time talking to coaches from the other side of the ball.

“Coach Raiola was in Hawaii and was recruiting,” Maciejczak said. “I met with coach Knighton and coach White. I met with them about the defensive side of the ball. They are really excited about me and I am really excited about them.

“They really gave me a great perspective when I was there, the realities of playing there and what they believe in. Again, they got there when Nebraska offered and we are going through this again. But we built a great relationship.”

The weekend in Lincoln may have convinced Maciejczak that his future is on the defensive side of the ball. Nebraska may have liked him on offense, but there was always a thought he could play, either.

“It’s 50-50 right now. I think that I am leaning more towards playing on the defensive side of the ball. The thought originally when I signed here was to play of offense, but now I think that I want to go play defense. I am not for sure, but I can switch to the other side.”

Maciejczak heard from the Nebraska staff this weekend that they felt he could play all of the interior defensive line spots from the 0 to the 4i.

“They said that the best 11 guys are going to play,” Maciejczak said. “Nebraska told me that I need to be versatile which is good for me because I believe that I can do that. They told me that they thought I could play in a 0, 1, 3, 5 or the inside shade like 4i. They like me anywhere on the interior.”

There may have been some understanding about the campus and knowing his way around for Maciejczak. But, he has never had a chance to see the facilities and compare them with the new construction.

“Going in I knew that they would be nice, but the pure size of everything surprised me. The new walk-through field is 50-yards, I think. And the new locker room is crazy and the new weight room is twice the size of the current one.”

One benefit to taking an official visit in January instead of December was the numerous early enrollees already on-campus, going through workouts and getting a report on how things have been since they joined the team.

“I talked to them a little bit like I caught up with Princewill, I think that is his name, and he said everything was good. I also talked to the freshman that were a year ahead of me and they said everything was changing. They said it’s the new staff and it’s good change.

“The new staff is putting a lot of stuff on them already. They love everything about it. That was from guys like Nash Hutmacher and Gage Stenger. And I also talked a lot to Nouredin Nouili a lot.”

Committing to Nebraska was a leap of faith. He did a Zoom call, met the staff, and saw the facilities, but he couldn’t do it in person. Looking back at his decision to decommit from North Dakota, he says it was the best thing for him to do.

“Oh yeah,” Maciejczak said. “It was the best decision of my life. It was a hard one, but I am very happy with the decision that I made.”

Pretty sure Wan'Dale was quoted as saying the same thing at some point too.

/buzzkill

At the start of December, Jason Maciejczak was a North Dakota commitment. The three-star prospect, according to Tater Island, picked up an offer from Nebraska on 12/16, and Mother Nature kept Maciejczak from visiting before signing day.

Damn, Donny even loses the recruits that make it to campus.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back