Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Receipts thread (3 Viewers)

Huskerbuck85

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Minnesota was almost entirely on Sims but I'm not sure this game was. We play an average QB here and we still lose by 14 imo

This thread is literally just this lol
View attachment 27277
You’ve got to realize sims killed drives and lost is points which in the end allowed them to eventually wear our defense down. It was our game if sims doesn’t turn it over. Put some untimely penalties in there again if ya like.

Mavsker

Big Ten referee
tPB OG
You’ve got to realize sims killed drives and lost is points which in the end allowed them to eventually wear our defense down. It was our game if sims doesn’t turn it over. Put some untimely penalties in there again if ya like.
I'm already giving 17 points on Sims. He was extraordinarily bad but not sure I can give much more than that.

He was far worse in the 1st half and we were "only" down 13 at that point.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
I'm already giving 17 points on Sims. He was extraordinarily bad but not sure I can give much more than that.
I would play HH or Purdy for sure. If HH even turns out to be serviceable it’s still a good thing for next year even if Rhule brings in someone better because I don’t think HH leaves. He could have easily left after this past year. I’ve also been hard on HH, but I’m praying him or Purdy can do something. Sims is a waste of time.

Huskerbuck85

Wide Receiver
Elite Member

He was far worse in the 1st half and we were "only" down 13 at that point.
Right…you give him those 17 and put them on our board that undoubtedly takes points from CU bc we have more control and our defense doesn’t get worn.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
Right…you give him those 17 and put them on our board that undoubtedly takes points from CU bc we have more control and our defense doesn’t get worn.
The defense basically gave up. They knew it was over midway through the 4th.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
Gave up / wore out. Would be interesting to see our time of possession in the first half vs second half.
Gave up is the wrong word but if you’re in the game adrenaline will help carry you too. In the back of their mind they knew they were fucked .

dsbigred1

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
Trust me when I say I'm not celebrating today. But I also didn't call anyone a tater retard for saying we were in trouble today.
This isn’t a shitty team, there is one position that is unbelievably bad, and a couple that weren’t great, but the rest of the team just couldn’t hold up under the immense pressure of how remarkably bad those spots were.
This team will be much better once they realize what they cannot do well. It should be fairly evident already.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Honestly we would have with a serviceable QB not named sims. We were doing to them what they did to us in the end. Had we not turned the ball over and turned those into points we undoubtedly would have wore their defense down, continued to give ours rest and dominated D like we did the first half. Sims have this game away.
I'm not sure I've ever blamed a game on one player more. Last week was probably the next closest.

dsbigred1

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
Even in the first half, the majority of yards were right near the end of half due to his stupidity. That drive after Sims run hurt, though. Didn’t like anytime we had a 3 man rush in passing situations. We did very well when Sanders was pressured

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds