Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Raiola OL Thoughts (1 Viewer)

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
73lfuw.jpg

kenyanfeline

Pussy Patrol
Insider
Elite Member
When people say “we don’t know if he’s good or bad yet, he’s a total unknown” do they not understand what they’re saying?

Excruciating to hear as a reason to be “ok” with this hire.
The general fan can not know if he’s good or bad but if Rhule, who appears to be diligent and process-oriented, thinks he’s good, that’s worth something.

Something a lot of folks don’t realize is that in the college football world, interviews are just as important as resumes.

We have access to the resumes. We don’t have access to the interview. Raiola obviously interviewed well enough to get the job.

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
The general fan can not know if he’s good or bad but if Rhule, who appears to be diligent and process-oriented, thinks he’s good, that’s worth something.

Something a lot of folks don’t realize is that in the college football world, interviews are just as important as resumes.

We have access to the resumes. We don’t have access to the interview. Raiola obviously interviewed well enough to get the job.
I think Raiola’s interviewing skills have been proven to be great.

Reactions: Irv

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG

I don't blame anyone for saying "I trust Rhule and therefore I am happy with the hire." That's totally fine and I believe Rhule's opinion is worth something.

I'm just too pessimistic to do that

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
I don't blame anyone for saying "I trust Rhule and therefore I am happy with the hire." That's totally fine and I believe Rhule's opinion is worth something.

I'm just too pessimistic to do that
tv land GIF by YoungerTV

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Was it separate pics or were they together in one pic?
It was a group pic. There were a couple smallish 3rd & 4th peens in the picture but you couldn't see their faces. After blowing up the picture size on my monitor to verify they were actually peens and not Skin Tags we noticed that there was some Pie & Salsa on one Nightstand plus a Hacienda Happy Hour Menu on the other Nightstand. Inquiring Minds want to know.

skersker

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
stop with the bad recruiting on the oline bullshit. there were a lot of highly rated and sought after recruits that signed in the frost era. both OL coaches fucking suck

Reactions: Toe

Toe

Wide Receiver
So, uhh... has there been any official confirmation that he's returning? So far all I've seen is a few "sources say" posts. Raiola might have told players that he intended to return, but supposedly MJ was acting like he intended to return as well.

I mean a week ago Leonhard was staying at Wisconsin as DC... until he wasn't. Then again, maybe Raiola's continued employment is contingent on him being able to lure Leonhard to Nebraska...

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
So, uhh... has there been any official confirmation that he's returning? So far all I've seen is a few "sources say" posts. Raiola might have told players that he intended to return, but supposedly MJ was acting like he intended to return as well.

I mean a week ago Leonhard was staying at Wisconsin as DC... until he wasn't. Then again, maybe Raiola's continued employment is contingent on him being able to lure Leonhard to Nebraska...
Sounds like players and recruits have been told Raiola is returning.

Ripping Lips

And I ain’t talking about fish
Elite Member

Good point. We haven't seen the official Twitter or Instagram post of Raiola nor him out on the recruiting trail like we have with the other new coaches.

kenyanfeline

Pussy Patrol
Insider
Elite Member
stop with the bad recruiting on the oline bullshit. there were a lot of highly rated and sought after recruits that signed in the frost era. both OL coaches fucking suck
When you look at the type of player we were bringing in, we were bringing in a lot of slow behemoths that needed to turn a lot of fat into muscle.

I think GA and Frost thought Duval would be able to make them more mobile but that didn’t happen.

From everything I know about S&C and physiology, it’s a lot easier to take a quick undersized lineman and put on weight and maintain speed/quickness than it is to take a fat slow lineman and turn them into a muscular quick lineman.

So yes. You can chalk that up as a recruiting failure.

skersker

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
When you look at the type of player we were bringing in, we were bringing in a lot of slow behemoths that needed to turn a lot of fat into muscle.

I think GA and Frost thought Duval would be able to make them more mobile but that didn’t happen.

From everything I know about S&C and physiology, it’s a lot easier to take a quick undersized lineman and put on weight and maintain speed/quickness than it is to take a fat slow lineman and turn them into a muscular quick lineman.

So yes. You can chalk that up as a recruiting failure.
confirmation bias is such a bitch for this fanbase

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds