Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Purdue Game Week (1 Viewer)

Fargo Husker

Quarterback
Elite Member
I know S&C are highly specialized so offense and defense may have different programming, but the fact that the defense has relatively few injuries compared to the offense with likely similar programs makes me think it’s more of a freak thing than a problem inherent with our S&C.

Mood4NU

Linebacker
Elite Member
I know S&C are highly specialized so offense and defense may have different programming, but the fact that the defense has relatively few injuries compared to the offense with likely similar programs makes me think it’s more of a freak thing than a problem inherent with our S&C.
Defense rotates a lot more than offense ? Could have to do with that . Also playing more younger guys on D … these older guys on O have a lot of miles on them . I think it’s more of a fluke thing but hard to say for sure

Tezzer

Fullback
Elite Member
I think physical dominant play is pretty new for the offensive group and their bodies weren't ready for that level of contact, hence the rash of injuries. Could be wrong, jmo.

Cornicator

Cornerback
Insider
Hudson Card has started 15 games in career, 8 at Texas and 7 at Purdue. During his career, he's only played in 3 games where the temperature was under 60 degrees at kick off. He's only played 1 game where the temperature was under 50 degrees, and that was a 45 degree game in late November at West Virginia in 2021.

Card, who is originally from Austin, Texas, has NEVER played in a game where precipitation OR WIND was a factor.

At Texas:

Louisiana – 94 degrees no precipitation, light wind

Arkansas – 91 degrees no precipitation, light win

@ Cockeye State – Sunny and 63 no precipitation, 10 mph wind

@ West Virginia – 45 degrees no precipitation, 6 mph wind

Bama – 90 degrees dry, no wind

UTSA – 92 degrees no precipitation, light wind

@ Texas Tech – 89 degrees no precipitation, 10 mph wind

West Virginia – 88 degrees no precipitation, no wind

With Purdue:

Fresno State – Sunny, 80 degrees no precipitation, light wind

@ Va Tech – 72 degrees, no precipitation, light wind

Syracuse – 71 degrees no precipitation, light wind

Wisconsin – 79 degrees no precipitation, light wind

Illinois – 83 degrees no precipitation, light

@ Cockeye – 58 degrees no precipitation, 9 mph wind

Ohio State – 56 degrees no precipitation, light wind

He is 48 of 88 for 490 yards with 2 TDs and 2 Ints in those games where the temp was below 60. And he was 0-3 in those starts.

The game in Lincoln will absolutely be the coldest and windiest game Card has ever played in as a College QB. It will also mark the first game he's ever had to play in where there is a consistent driving rain and likely even some snow flurries.

Considering he's from Austin, TX, I doubt he played very many high school games, if any at all, that were impacted by the weather.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
tPB OG
Hudson Card has started 15 games in career, 8 at Texas and 7 at Purdon't. During his career, he's only played in 3 games where the temperature was under 60 degrees at kick off. He's only played 1 game where the temperature was under 50 degrees, and that was a 45 degree game in late November at West Virginia in 2021.

Card, who is originally from Austin, Texas, has NEVER played in a game where precipitation OR WIND was a factor.

At Texas:

Louisiana – 94 degrees no precipitation, light wind

Arkansas – 91 degrees no precipitation, light win

@ Cockeye State – Sunny and 63 no precipitation, 10 mph wind

@ West Virginia – 45 degrees no precipitation, 6 mph wind

Bama – 90 degrees dry, no wind

UTSA – 92 degrees no precipitation, light wind

@ Texas Tech – 89 degrees no precipitation, 10 mph wind

West Virginia – 88 degrees no precipitation, no wind

With Purdon't:

Fresno State – Sunny, 80 degrees no precipitation, light wind

@ Va Tech – 72 degrees, no precipitation, light wind

Syracuse – 71 degrees no precipitation, light wind

Wisconsin – 79 degrees no precipitation, light wind

Illinois – 83 degrees no precipitation, light

@ Cockeye – 58 degrees no precipitation, 9 mph wind

Ohio State – 56 degrees no precipitation, light wind

He is 48 of 88 for 490 yards with 2 TDs and 2 Ints in those games where the temp was below 60. And he was 0-3 in those starts.

The game in Lincoln will absolutely be the coldest and windiest game Card has ever played in as a College QB. It will also mark the first game he's ever had to play in where there is a consistent driving rain and likely even some snow flurries.

Considering he's from Austin, TX, I doubt he played very many high school games, if any at all, that were impacted by the weather.
Get help

Cornicator

Cornerback
Insider

As I was looking at old box scores, I realized yes, I probably do need to get help. But what sparked my dive into this information was a dipshit on the 247 board named Pvillehusker who claims weather and rain won't impact a game. I'm like the fuck it won't.

1. Nebraska has a lot of ball handling issues when its dry.
and
2. Hudson Card has never had to grip, throw, or play the game when its cold and wet. And that's a big deal because I truly don't expect Purdue to have much success running the football.

And as most of us know, when its like 42 and youre dealing with a constant rain, IT SUCKSSS!. You can't get warm. You are constantly wet.

Frogsker30

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
As I was looking at old box scores, I realized yes, I probably do need to get help. But what sparked my dive into this information was a dipshit on the 247 board named Pvillehusker who claims weather and rain won't impact a game. I'm like the fuck it won't.

1. Nebraska has a lot of ball handling issues when its dry.
and
2. Hudson Card has never had to grip, throw, or play the game when its cold and wet. And that's a big deal because I truly don't expect Purdon't to have much success running the football.

And as most of us know, when its like 42 and youre dealing with a constant rain, IT SUCKSSS!. You can't get warm. You are constantly wet.
Pville is a douche canoes

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider

R.ee6f61aed385014485a0235d97fe7452

ShortSideOption

Linebacker
Insider
@ShortSideOption I know you are a soft tissue guy. Are you starting to have any concern on S&C or are we just getting unlucky as all get out on offense? Seems like we have more "out for season" guys this year than we've had in a while. As far as straight up conditioning, it looks like we are better. Could be because we rotate 50 guys on defense too. Idk.
It’s fucking bad. I think I need to do an article on it. Though it would all be speculation on why it’s happening.

LoudHogRider

Yells at Clouds
Elite Member
tPB OG
Falalalalallalallalalalala in your butt cheeks don’t you cry falalalalallalalalaalla insert my massive corn cob falalalalalalallalaalalala scarlet girls legs look like a goal post falalalalalallalalala go big red we love you forever falalalalallalalalala
Doc - it might be time for a dementia test. Have Nancy fire up the '46 Studebaker and run ya into town. It's time.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds