Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Purdoodoo Game Week

It’s fucking bad. I think I need to do an article on it. Though it would all be speculation on why it’s happening.
If nothing else, maybe it will give Rhule more ammo to try and get real grass like he wants. Didn't really have issues all fall camp when practicing on the grass, but moved to turf and we are seeing lots of issues. Probably all a coincidence, but can't hurt his argument.

If nothing else, maybe it will give Rhule more ammo to try and get real grass like he wants. Didn't really have issues all fall camp when practicing on the grass, but moved to turf and we are seeing lots of issues. Probably all a coincidence, but can't hurt his argument.
Will be interesting to see what happens with that movement, especially with the studies that have came out that show an increase in a statistically significant number of injuries. Will the NFL move to grass...it will trickle down from there. Really surprised with the player safety and concussions that hasn't been discussed more.

My apologies if this is a FNG question (am I a FNG?)?

In these game week threads do we ever post wut the purdon't (or other opponents) peeps are saying?

GBR

What I find so interesting about this is how grass used to be the cause of injuries, so we had to go field turf. Now field turf is the cause and we need to go grass.

Seacrest in Lincoln literally got field turf after a player blew his knee out the last game of the year in 1998 due to the field.

What I find so interesting about this is how grass used to be the cause of injuries, so we had to go field turf. Now field turf is the cause and we need to go grass.

Seacrest in Lincoln literally got field turf after a player blew his knee out the last game of the year in 1998 due to the field.

For Seacrest, it makes sense to go to turf. As much as that field is used, and that was before adding high schools, it was always beat up.

For Seacrest, it makes sense to go to turf. As much as that field is used, and that was before adding high schools, it was always beat up.
That’s what’s so interesting. The big point of Nebraska not having grass was the field conditions would become compromised in October and November. But now grass is what’s needed. Astro turf sucks go to grass. Grass sucks go to field turf. Field turf sucks back to grass.

Just my opinion, but something else is going on.

That’s what’s so interesting. The big point of Nebraska not having grass was the field conditions would become compromised in October and November. But now grass is what’s needed. Astro turf sucks go to grass. Grass sucks go to field turf. Field turf sucks back to grass.

Fire Campbell?

I remember playing on Astroturf at UNO’s stadium in high school.

My knees/ankles still hurt.

I just had a chance to watch Rhule's presser from yesterday and he said that Piper was hit right on the front of his knee which ended up dislocating it so a brace wouldn't have helped much because guys usually wear them to help protect from hits from the side.

There was nothing worse than playing on the astroturf at Buck Beltzer. On a hot day, it wasn't uncommon for the temperature on the turf to be over 120 degrees. Wearing metal spikes, your feet literally felt like they were on fire. We had chests of ice that you could put your feet into after a long inning. Adding insult to injury were the wonderful turf burns that you would get on the inside of your elbow diving for balls... That field sucked!

Back then, Adidas made a "turf shoe" for playing hut hut on those Astroturf fields. I remember playing a flag football game there in college, planted my feet to make a cut, and both feet went right through the sides of those turf shoes. They sure as heckfire stuck to the turf, I'll give them that.

let’s run a research project. Everyone who thinks that the injuries come from the strength and conditioning have to stand still and then we tackle near their knees. The people that don’t believe it’s strength and conditioning related get to run routes on the turf.

As I was looking at old box scores, I realized yes, I probably do need to get help. But what sparked my dive into this information was a dipshit on the 247 board named Pvillehusker who claims weather and rain won't impact a game. I'm like the fuck it won't.

1. Nebraska has a lot of ball handling issues when its dry.
and
2. Hudson Card has never had to grip, throw, or play the game when its cold and wet. And that's a big deal because I truly don't expect Purdon't to have much success running the football.

And as most of us know, when its like 42 and youre dealing with a constant rain, IT SUCKSSS!. You can't get warm. You are constantly wet.
Lol ol' pville. That guy was tater-in-chief over there

Grass has became easier to maintain in the winter months to create a good playing surface.
Technology and innovation never stops, field trum is out, grass is in

Grass should improve our carbon footprint! Maybe we can get some ESG money for NIL.

I played there with the Li’L Vikes and in high school. It was cool as a little kid but that surface was pretty hard. Lots of road rash.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back