Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Purdue Game Week (1 Viewer)

Tsakoi

Running Back
Elite Member
Guys,

It should be Purdouche.

"Purdouche Game Week" Thread

Get your name calling shit together. Christ, how do we expect to ever get back to the top with this type of effort?

Step it up, boners. Or I'll find some other shit talking, titty gazing, Io_a hating, message board dirtbags who will.

T

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider

On Matt Rhule's schedule every Monday night is a "family dinner" that includes various members of the Husker team.

Rhule's daughters had been playing volleyball so the Husker head coach walked in at about 5:30 and some of the guys were already there. Ethan Piper was sitting in a wheelchair with his hand in a cast, leg up, with his mom next to him. Nouredin Nouili was there also despite having had surgery that morning.

"As I'm talking to Ethan, he's like, 'Yeah, this really stinks but it's probably a really good thing for the team because now Justin (Evans-Jenkins) is getting some reps, you can really develop him.' To think that anybody could think like that," Rhule said in admiration of the injured Husker O-lineman's attitude after a season-ending setback this past Saturday.

There will be ups and downs for those injured players as they go through the rehab process. Rhule has seen it with Rahmir Johnson and Dwight Bootle, and others.

"They'll go through all those, but the good news is they don't have to go through them alone," Rhule said on an hour-long 'Sports Nightly' radio appearance. "We're here for them."

Rhule said dealing with injuries – which have piled up for the Husker offense especially – is two-fold for a coach and a team.

"There's the personal component when you've seen everything that Ethan Piper, Turner Corcoran, when you see the sacrifices they've made for the team. When you see the way that Billy Kemp works. That's one component: the personal, emotional part," he said. "From a football perspective, guys, we have to go play. We have to go play to a certain standard."

He pointed out someone like Evans-Jenkins played well in Saturday's 17-9 win over Northwestern. Teddy Prochazka has started games. Henry Lutovsky has played a healthy number of snaps in his career.

"We have players who can go win," he said.

>>> Rhule said the Huskers "certainly had to simplify" on Saturday with some things because players like Jaidyn Doss, for example, hadn't gotten reps like Kemp had. As he pointed out after that game, the coaches had a lot in for Kemp.

"As we get into this week, the coaches regroup. They look and say, 'Hey, who do we have? Who can do what?' We put together a plan with the guys that we have here."

As far as practices go, this time of year you do taper off some.

>>> "But Coach Osborne came to practice, and even as he said to me, 'You can't worry about injuries. You have to play the games.' And if we don't practice well, we won't play well. If we won't play well, we won't win. ... We'll be smart when we can. But this is a physical, violent game. And what's unique is most of our injuries have happened in games, they haven't happened in practice. So practice to me is what is allowing us to win four of the last five."

>>> Rhule wasn't going to use the bye week as a reasoning for the Huskers looking so rough on offense to start the Northwestern game, turning it over on two of the first six snaps, and also having a fumble that wasn't lost but resulted in negative yardage.

"I think the beginning of the game on offense was so bad that to make an excuse for it, my lips would hurt," Rhule said.

The coach acknowledged "there are still things we're unpacking" as to why there are three drives so unsightly off the jump and then all of a sudden it's a group that can put together scoring marches.

"That's what Year 1 is all about. It's about figuring out what makes the players tick. How do we win here? Every week I'm searching for that sort of that Rosetta Stone to really try to get this thing in the right place."

Rhule said there's a piece of it that is like being a high school coach: "It's like, who's walking the halls? Let's get them out for football." In this case, finding your team is finding what they excel at.

>>> He pointed out that when Nebraska takes the field on Saturday it's full of guys who, with few exceptions, should be back next year.

"That to me is what will make Nebraska special. People talk about the transfer portal. That's not really how we want to do it. And we hope our guys stay with us. We hope they feel invested in. We hope they love the way the fan base reacts to them. We hope they love the opportunities here. But we want to build it with our own guys."

>>> Rhule said that true freshman defender Eric Fields hasn't been on the field in a while due to an injury.

"He had like a stress reaction to the bone in his leg. Those are the type of things you want to be smart with. So it's been a couple weeks, where they said, 'Hey, maybe he'll be back this week...' But Eric is coming along. I'm happy with Eric. He's transitioning from high school to college, then you get injured, there's a lot to deal with: study hall and training, and 6 a.m. and being here. He's getting all that adjusted. When he gets it all figured out he's going to be a heckuva football player. He's fast, dynamic, explosive. He just needs to get on the field."

Rhule is "very pleased" with the class of freshmen Nebraska has right now.

"Sometimes when we're a freshman we're so concerned with how much we're playing as a freshman. Sometimes where we're so concerned with where we are, how we fit in, and what's going to happen down the line. When I have a chance to talk to parents, or a high school coach, or the player, I always say, 'Let's just worry about where you are in two or three years.' Sometimes you can be playing a lot as a freshman and have that be the highlight of your career. And sometimes you kind of sit there and you pay your dues and it ends up being the best thing for you."

He believes many of the freshmen players will make an impact in the next two to three years.

>>> Rhule said he's never had a run of turnovers like this – with the fumbles especially.

"It's been plaguing the program for about eight, nine years. What I will say is we've had some games where we've won the turnover battle or been better. So I think it's controllable."

Rhule said he's a bit old-school about it. It simply just comes down to holding onto the dang ball. He wants the coaching staff to have a level of accountability about it too.

That doesn't mean you don't have some aggression. On the first play against Northwestern, the Huskers had a pass wide open to Nate Boerkircher, who may have scored, and the intended target Thomas Fidone was also open. The throw was just off.

"No risk it, no biscuit. We're going to let the ball rip sometimes. But the other ones have to get corrected."

And as well as the Huskers are playing on defense, the takeaways need to get bumped up by that unit.

He couldn't recall a game with as many as eight sacks, like Nebraska had, but not forcing a fumble. "It just seems odd. So we want to just keep working on wining that turnover margin each week."

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
I find some other shit talking, titty gazing, Io_a hating, message board dirtbags
schitts creek comedy GIF by CBC

vailhusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Rhule spoke about this in his last presser -

That rule, Alberts said Tuesday, is being looked at closely and will be changing very soon.
Sounds like you can expect a future starting quarterback at Nebraska to be covering the ear holes in his helmet to hear the offensive play caller’s instructions sooner rather than later – perhaps as soon as 2024?
“It has been a topic,” said Alberts, who is involved with the NCAA Division I Football Oversight Committee in charge of overseeing rules and regulations. “And it’s been interesting how slow the conversation has gone, in a sense. We’re huge proponents, I’m a huge proponent, of anything we can do to modernize our game to make it better. Let’s use technology in a way to ensure a fair and equitable approach. There’s wearable technology, there’s liability relative to helmet and communication, but we can overcome that.”
But the bottom line?
“You are going to see it. It’s coming,” Alberts said. “The technology’s there, we ought to do it.”

You actually won’t even have to wait until next season to see it implemented. You’ll see mics in helmets at bowl games this December and/or January as Alberts said a “pilot program” is being conducted to test them out in a “cost-efficient way.”
“Quite frankly, I think it’s very player centric in terms of player safety,” Alberts said. “Everybody knows the play, you can get it done, get it moved in and out real quickly. Like Coach Rhule, I’m a huge proponent of including technology. The fact of the matter is, if you go down to a lot of big high schools – like in Texas – they’re utilizing technology, they’re utilizing tablets on the sideline. Obviously, the NFL’s doing it. But you get to our game and suddenly we’re taking a step back. We’ll look hard, we’re pushing hard, you’re gonna see some more modernization like that – wearable technologies and coach-to-player communication will be a part, I think, of college football in the very near future.”

SCHEDULE TALK​

On Wednesday, Nebraska and Cincinnati made date and location changes for their game in 2025 official. Instead of playing in Cincinnati, the Huskers and Bearcats agreed to play in Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis on Aug. 30, 2025. It’ll be the season opener for both teams, with Cincinnati being the home team.
The original first game in the two-game series with Cincinnati was canceled in 2020, when the Big Ten chose to play a conference-only schedule during the COVID-19 pandemic. As a replacement for the 2020 game in Lincoln, the Bearcats will now visit Lincoln on Sept. 11, 2032.
Nebraska also added a non-conference opponent for the 2025 season – FCS member Houston Christian, formerly Houston Baptist – and that game will be played on Sept. 13, 2025. Nebraska will pay Houston Christian $500,000 to come play in Lincoln.
Alberts said the previous staff at Nebraska had scheduled a non-conference game with Louisiana-Monroe for 2025 and agreed to pay the WarHawks around $1.65 million, which Alberts added was a steep price, so he worked to shift things around. Nebraska will no longer play Louisiana-Monroe, but agreed to pay it $850,000 while Northwestern will chip in the remaining $800,000.
“We actually are saving $300,000, moving a previous away game to a neutral-site game and then getting a return trip to Lincoln in 2032 for Cincinnati,” Alberts said. “So these are a little bit complicated. But I think what you're going to see as you move forward in an 18-team Big Ten schedule that's going to be very challenging, is you're going to see a different approach in scheduling the non-conference games.”
Alberts said with the addition of Washington, Oregon, UCLA and USC to the Big Ten in 2024, schedules will become very challenging. That will lead Nebraska to scheduling more non-conference opponents from the Group of Five and FCS levels.
“We're gonna have to be smarter about our scheduling,” Alberts said. “And I think you'll probably see us maybe have a more marquee game, a Group of Five game and perhaps an FCS game quite often in the non-conference moving forward.”

HUSKERS SWITCHING SIDELINES SOON​

In addition to Alberts’ assertion of headset-to-helmet communication coming down the pike soon, there’s another change coming on the horizon to Nebraska football, specifically: The Huskers will be switching from the east sideline to the west sidelined at some point in the near future to give them a more competitive advantage – mainly to keep the sun out of their eyes at home games and to keep them cooler with more shade on the west sideline.
“The fact of the matter is there is more room on that east side. So, back in the day, when we had rosters of 180-200 players that we were dressing, it just made it easier for Coach Osborne to physically have the space we need on that east side,” Alberts said. “But Coach Rhule wants to be on the west side. We are ultimately going to move the team to the west side, but as part of the whole transition of Memorial Stadium, rather than doing these slow one-offs, we’d like to have this holistic plan and vision around it. But I would anticipate, yes, the team is ultimately going to move.
“It’s also odd: The opposing coaches are up in the booth with binoculars staring right down at your team, looking at your signals, trying to figure out if there’s a competitive advantage there. I don’t know if many folks know but during Covid, when we weren’t allowed to have fans, Scott (Frost) actually moved the team to the west side. We think there’s good rationale for it. We’ll work with Coach Rhule and the football staff, but I would anticipate the football team will move over to the west side.”
Alberts also shared a story about receiving a call from Michigan coach Jim Harbaugh sometime after the Wolverines beat Nebraska on Sept. 30 to talk about the Huskers’ home sideline. (In a twist of irony, given everything that has come to light over the past few days.)
“Jim and I played together on the Colts and know each other, and he said, ‘Hey, I just want to let you know, you really ought to move the team to that other side.’ He said ‘it’s about 30 to 40 degrees cooler over there than it is on the east side.’ I said ‘Jim, we’re well aware,’” Alberts said with a laugh.

Savedatmoney

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
tPB OG
Rhule spoke about this in his last presser -

That rule, Alberts said Tuesday, is being looked at closely and will be changing very soon.
Sounds like you can expect a future starting quarterback at Nebraska to be covering the ear holes in his helmet to hear the offensive play caller’s instructions sooner rather than later – perhaps as soon as 2024?
“It has been a topic,” said Alberts, who is involved with the NCAA Division I Football Oversight Committee in charge of overseeing rules and regulations. “And it’s been interesting how slow the conversation has gone, in a sense. We’re huge proponents, I’m a huge proponent, of anything we can do to modernize our game to make it better. Let’s use technology in a way to ensure a fair and equitable approach. There’s wearable technology, there’s liability relative to helmet and communication, but we can overcome that.”
But the bottom line?
“You are going to see it. It’s coming,” Alberts said. “The technology’s there, we ought to do it.”

You actually won’t even have to wait until next season to see it implemented. You’ll see mics in helmets at bowl games this December and/or January as Alberts said a “pilot program” is being conducted to test them out in a “cost-efficient way.”
“Quite frankly, I think it’s very player centric in terms of player safety,” Alberts said. “Everybody knows the play, you can get it done, get it moved in and out real quickly. Like Coach Rhule, I’m a huge proponent of including technology. The fact of the matter is, if you go down to a lot of big high schools – like in Texas – they’re utilizing technology, they’re utilizing tablets on the sideline. Obviously, the NFL’s doing it. But you get to our game and suddenly we’re taking a step back. We’ll look hard, we’re pushing hard, you’re gonna see some more modernization like that – wearable technologies and coach-to-player communication will be a part, I think, of college football in the very near future.”

SCHEDULE TALK​

On Wednesday, Nebraska and Cincinnati made date and location changes for their game in 2025 official. Instead of playing in Cincinnati, the Huskers and Bearcats agreed to play in Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis on Aug. 30, 2025. It’ll be the season opener for both teams, with Cincinnati being the home team.
The original first game in the two-game series with Cincinnati was canceled in 2020, when the Big Ten chose to play a conference-only schedule during the COVID-19 pandemic. As a replacement for the 2020 game in Lincoln, the Bearcats will now visit Lincoln on Sept. 11, 2032.
Nebraska also added a non-conference opponent for the 2025 season – FCS member Houston Christian, formerly Houston Baptist – and that game will be played on Sept. 13, 2025. Nebraska will pay Houston Christian $500,000 to come play in Lincoln.
Alberts said the previous staff at Nebraska had scheduled a non-conference game with Louisiana-Monroe for 2025 and agreed to pay the WarHawks around $1.65 million, which Alberts added was a steep price, so he worked to shift things around. Nebraska will no longer play Louisiana-Monroe, but agreed to pay it $850,000 while Northwestern will chip in the remaining $800,000.
“We actually are saving $300,000, moving a previous away game to a neutral-site game and then getting a return trip to Lincoln in 2032 for Cincinnati,” Alberts said. “So these are a little bit complicated. But I think what you're going to see as you move forward in an 18-team Big Ten schedule that's going to be very challenging, is you're going to see a different approach in scheduling the non-conference games.”
Alberts said with the addition of Washington, Oregon, UCLA and USC to the Big Ten in 2024, schedules will become very challenging. That will lead Nebraska to scheduling more non-conference opponents from the Group of Five and FCS levels.
“We're gonna have to be smarter about our scheduling,” Alberts said. “And I think you'll probably see us maybe have a more marquee game, a Group of Five game and perhaps an FCS game quite often in the non-conference moving forward.”

HUSKERS SWITCHING SIDELINES SOON​

In addition to Alberts’ assertion of headset-to-helmet communication coming down the pike soon, there’s another change coming on the horizon to Nebraska football, specifically: The Huskers will be switching from the east sideline to the west sidelined at some point in the near future to give them a more competitive advantage – mainly to keep the sun out of their eyes at home games and to keep them cooler with more shade on the west sideline.
“The fact of the matter is there is more room on that east side. So, back in the day, when we had rosters of 180-200 players that we were dressing, it just made it easier for Coach Osborne to physically have the space we need on that east side,” Alberts said. “But Coach Rhule wants to be on the west side. We are ultimately going to move the team to the west side, but as part of the whole transition of Memorial Stadium, rather than doing these slow one-offs, we’d like to have this holistic plan and vision around it. But I would anticipate, yes, the team is ultimately going to move.
“It’s also odd: The opposing coaches are up in the booth with binoculars staring right down at your team, looking at your signals, trying to figure out if there’s a competitive advantage there. I don’t know if many folks know but during Covid, when we weren’t allowed to have fans, Scott (Frost) actually moved the team to the west side. We think there’s good rationale for it. We’ll work with Coach Rhule and the football staff, but I would anticipate the football team will move over to the west side.”
Alberts also shared a story about receiving a call from Michigan coach Jim Harbaugh sometime after the Wolverines beat Nebraska on Sept. 30 to talk about the Huskers’ home sideline. (In a twist of irony, given everything that has come to light over the past few days.)
“Jim and I played together on the Colts and know each other, and he said, ‘Hey, I just want to let you know, you really ought to move the team to that other side.’ He said ‘it’s about 30 to 40 degrees cooler over there than it is on the east side.’ I said ‘Jim, we’re well aware,’” Alberts said with a laugh.

I could see where it would be tough to have your team run right instead of left out the tunnel. Another hurdle would be having the opposing team also run right to their new sideline instead of running straight.

nja13

2x All-state FG/PAT holder
Elite Member
What am I missing here? Why is Northwestern chipping in? Are they going to play Northwestern instead of us that week?

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds