Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Press Conference (1 Viewer)

That SOB Van Owen

In Mombasa drinkin’ gin
Elite Member
tPB OG
John and Josh on 1620 said they would take Deion Sanders before Urban Meyer

And they are

the lord of the rings sam GIF

djw004

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Just a layman's take, but Turd impresses with the way that he comes across. I think that was a class act to meet with the team with Scott and to let him meet with the team by himself. I think that goes a long way with potential candidates to see that they have an AD that does things the right way.

Will be curious to see what changes Mickey makes, as Turd alluded to.

Wonder if he would sit down with someone like Saban to get his thoughts on who might be a good candidate for our program. Nick has always been very respectful and complimentary of our program.
I agree. Even in how he answered “was anyone else relieved of their duties…”

“Mickey Joseph is the head coach and I will support any adjustments he chooses to make”

Very impressive stuff.

djw004

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Quick question: a team ever win a natty with an interim head coach? Cuz we are about to!

Turd just found a way to extend the off-season into the season. And that’s where we thrive - OFF SEASON NATIONAL CHAMPS!

ChocaEgg

Ghost of Kiev 👻
Elite Member
Interesting nugget in Turd's comment about qualities that he looks for in a HC - he used the word "grinder"...my fellow Bronco fans are familiar with another individual who commonly used that phrase in press conferences:

Mr. Vance Joseph

99% sure we're going to hire Vance and let the Josephs lead us back to glory.

HuskerGarrett

If we die, we die
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Interesting nugget in Turd's comment about qualities that he looks for in a HC - he used the word "grinder"...my fellow Bronco fans are familiar with another individual who commonly used that phrase in press conferences:

Mr. Vance Joseph

Also, Urban loves “grinding” on random women at bars

NoHoHank

Bench Warmer
Elite Member

Mr. Vance Joseph

But his favorite was talking about “having a great week of practice”. I cannot live through that again

Irv

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
One other thing I noticed. People are saying Turd confirmed they paid the full $15 million, but unless I'm wrong he said something to the effect, "we honored our contractual obligations." There's a shit ton of room for interpretation in that.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
One other thing I noticed. People are saying Turd confirmed they paid the full $15 million, but unless I'm wrong he said something to the effect, "we honored our contractual obligations." There's a shit ton of room for interpretation in that.
I get why people think it matters what they paid him, but the only situation that it really matters is if $7.5 million extra would make it hard for them to do what they want to do next.

Reactions: Irv

Mavsker

Big Ten referee
tPB OG

According to the Journal Star, he will be receiving the full $15 million

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds