Welcome to the forum 👋, Visitor

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Post Game Thoughts?

The hold on Martinez’s big run and the muffed punt were the back-breakers. You can’t play the “what if?” game though when mistakes like this are part of the team’s DNA.

I’m also pretty certain we would’ve found a way to screw things up though even if we converted those plays.

The hold on Martinez’s big run and the muffed punt were the back-breakers. You can’t play the “what if?” game though when mistakes like this are part of the team’s DNA.

I’m also pretty certain we would’ve found a way to screw things up though even if we converted those plays.
Sad but true

Now that I'm sober, I can say with certainty that that game sucked as much today "while I'm sober" as it did yesterday when I was drunk. Regarding the game itself, I felt it was reasonably predictable. It will also be predictable that we'll say all the right things this week, and lose a close game to Purdue.

AM is the better overall QB. I actually think they did a good job managing the QB spot yesterday. The problem is that there were a few that didn't do their job so that we come out victorious. Captain Obvious providing what's likely an obvious observation to most.

Now that I'm sober, I can say with certainty that that game sucked as much today "while I'm sober" as it did yesterday when I was drunk. Regarding the game itself, I felt it was reasonably predictable. It will also be predictable that we'll say all the right things this week, and lose a close game to Purdue.

AM is the better overall QB. I actually think they did a good job managing the QB spot yesterday. The problem is that there were a few that didn't do their job so that we come out victorious. Captain Obvious providing what's likely an obvious observation to most.
What did Martinez do completion percentage wise? 80% or better I think. He’s clearly the better QB. He can actually throw the ball down the field and you can actually see him go thru his progressions and doesn’t panic in the pocket. He resets his feet on each read. But I feel like they’re very predictable in their pass game. They’ve basically ran a few concepts, more under Martinez. Hi lo sweep. 4 verts and mesh. With some stick as well. It’s all good stuff. But when you’re calling 4 verts on 3rd and long. Or q draw. It’s pretty easy for the D to defend.

But I guess part of it is they are just trying to find something they can throw and not turn the ball over. And move the chains. I get the struggle. Your QB is limited throwing and it hamstrings you on offense. I get it. I’ve experienced this personally and it’s maddening. But they are D1 players. For the most part.

The biggest issue to me is the WR play. They’re content on playing dudes that can’t get open. It’s that simple. It’s hard as fuck to run any of your shit when the OL is inconsistent and your QB has been suspect. But when the damn WR can’t make any type of move to get separation. You’re fucked. Regardless if you can get the ball there or not.

couple of rambling thoughts

What did Martinez do completion percentage wise? 80% or better I think. He’s clearly the better QB. He can actually throw the ball down the field and you can actually see him go thru his progressions and doesn’t panic in the pocket. He resets his feet on each read. But I feel like they’re very predictable in their pass game. They’ve basically ran a few concepts, more under Martinez. Hi lo sweep. 4 verts and mesh. With some stick as well. It’s all good stuff. But when you’re calling 4 verts on 3rd and long. Or q draw. It’s pretty easy for the D to defend.

But I guess part of it is they are just trying to find something they can throw and not turn the ball over. And move the chains. I get the struggle. Your QB is limited throwing and it hamstrings you on offense. I get it. I’ve experienced this personally and it’s maddening. But they are D1 players. For the most part.

The biggest issue to me is the WR play. They’re content on playing dudes that can’t get open. It’s that simple. It’s hard as fuck to run any of your shit when the OL is inconsistent and your QB has been suspect. But when the damn WR can’t make any type of move to get separation. You’re fucked. Regardless if you can get the ball there or not.

Adrian made some throws Luke simply can’t make. That one to Austin Allen at the end of the half was a really good throw and an example.

Seems like there are a lot of issues on offense. Ones that are simply not going to get fixed this year. Glad we’ve got some 2021 kids coming in at semester.

Hard to say if he's going through progressions or not. Seems like he is but then they show another angle and Allen is running wide open.

To me AMs biggest issue is he is afraid to throw the ball between the haskmarks...he had 2 throws to Wandale over the middle, but everything else is outside the numbers. If you can’t attack the middle of the field, it’s awfully easy to defend. He either doesn’t have confidence in his receivers, or doesn’t have confidence in himself. But there is no comparison between he and Luke...AM is a QB, Luke is a sandlot athlete with the ball in his hands.

To me AMs biggest issue is he is afraid to throw the ball between the haskmarks...he had 2 throws to Wandale over the middle, but everything else is outside the numbers. If you can’t attack the middle of the field, it’s awfully easy to defend. He either doesn’t have confidence in his receivers, or doesn’t have confidence in himself. But there is no comparison between he and Luke...AM is a QB, Luke is a sandlot athlete with the ball in his hands.
One area I thought Martinez looked a lot better yesterday was on the quick passes. Whether its a swing pass to the running back or quick out he set his feet and made accurate throws. He struggled with that most of last year.

One area I thought Martinez looked a lot better yesterday was on the quick passes. Whether its a swing pass to the running back or quick out he set his feet and made accurate throws. He struggled with that most of last year.
Seems like he's always been hot and cold on this, and you can usually see which it's going to be by the 2nd or 3rd drive (and the tendency seems to hold throughout the entire game, hot or cold).

Seems like he's always been hot and cold on this, and you can usually see which it's going to be by the 2nd or 3rd drive (and the tendency seems to hold throughout the entire game, hot or cold).

This team is always hot and cold, so inconsistent. It’s been the name of the game since Frost got here. Wouldn’t be surprised if our defense sucks next week just because of the good game they had against Cockeye.

Frost is 10-19. I’m getting tired of the dogshit excuses. My in-laws we’re trying to tell me tonight how completely gutted the program was when Frost took over. My response was: Can you imagine if a new coach took over next what they would say???
You make a really good point. A new coach would look at the wide receiver, defensive back, and linebacker room and wonder what the hell. At some point we have to look at Held. He has yet to recruit a game changing running back and his JUCO connections...woof!

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Picture grid mode

You can control the structure where you can open/close images in the grid forum list.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

Close radius

You can use the radius at the corners of the blocks according to your taste by closing/opening it.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Backgrounds are not available!

Background checks are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Back