Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Population % rate (1 Viewer)

HCFord1

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
We're at 7.8% according to the tweet. Don't think we'll get that .4% decrease?
7.8% is the % off current tests that are positive in Lincoln, but the population positivity rate would be significantly lower unless they’re saying that “total population at risk” is just those who have been tested. If that’s how they’re defining it then they’re fucking stupid.

If it’s measuring the effect in a population of a city, then the city’s population should be the denominator. Lincoln has 290k residents, so to get to 7.5% positivity you’d need 21,750 positive tests. Right now they have fewer than 6k.

If they’re measuring risk to the population as just % of current tests which are positive then they’re missing the point in several ways. One, testing is limited and often reserved for those with high risk of exposure. Secondly, that is a variable that can easily be manipulated by methods already mentioned ITT. Is there something I’m missing here that’s already been explained?

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
7.8% is the % off current tests that are positive in Lincoln, but the population positivity rate would be significantly lower unless they’re saying that “total population at risk” is just those who have been tested. If that’s how they’re defining it then they’re fucking stupid.

If it’s measuring the effect in a population of a city, then the city’s population should be the denominator. Lincoln has 290k residents, so to get to 7.5% positivity you’d need 21,750 positive tests. Right now they have fewer than 6k.

If they’re measuring risk to the population as just % of current tests which are positive then they’re missing the point in several ways. One, testing is limited and often reserved for those with high risk of exposure. Secondly, that is a variable that can easily be manipulated by methods already mentioned ITT. Is there something I’m missing here that’s already been explained?
Not that I'm aware of. I concur with everything you said.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds