Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Population % rate (1 Viewer)

HCFord1

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
Was my first question as well when I read the statement. Which population? The university as a whole? The city as a whole? The state as a whole?

Leave it to the Big Ten to take forever crafting a statement with more detail than anyone needed and still leave out a critical piece of information, leaving everybody confused once again.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
They can still practice if city/state whatever it is is in the red. Just have to use more protocols. Right?

Thats not such a big deal as long as it doesn't limit their practice.

HCFord1

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
population has to just mean the team. numerator is total positive players and coaches and denominator is team and staff population. it’s their way of measuring how much of the team is currently Covid positive, not many tested positive that week. Otherwise you could be in the Orange each week for testing rate but cumulatively end up at almost 15%

V-Doub

Poon Slayer
tPB OG
Thats what I was thinking. Flood the testing centers.

With so many people being asymptomatic how do we really know who is virus free? Who do we send to flood the testing facility? Maybe just people who tested positive weeks/months ago and recovered? IDK? But nevertheless, this whole thing is a joke. The Karens have set us up to fail so they could say “I told you so”. That’s the only way their original decision to cancel (and their current stance not to restart) will not be scrutinized and even possibly praised for their foresight.

Absolute joke. They knew the pro-play camp would take any deal that got them potentially eligible for the playoff. So the fed them a shit sandwich, piss on them and called it rain. Just pathetic...

V-Doub

Poon Slayer
tPB OG
population has to just mean the team. numerator is total positive players and coaches and denominator is team and staff population. it’s their way of measuring how much of the team is currently Covid positive, not many tested positive that week. Otherwise you could be in the Orange each week for testing rate but cumulatively end up at almost 15%

How I understand it is... >5% for your team = code red lol and 7.5% for the local population = code red. It’s total bullshit, I’m guessing a number of teams won’t even be able to start on the 24th under these stipulations.

HCFord1

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
How I understand it is... >5% for your team = code red lol and 7.5% for the local population = code red. It’s total bullshit, I’m guessing a number of teams won’t even be able to start on the 24th under these stipulations.
I think that the metrics were named by a statistician who doesn’t understand how confusing it is to call the cumulative team rate the “population” rate. It’s totally asinine to consider population rate when there won’t be fans at games. But who knows, the Big Ten is dumb.

HCFord1

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
If it is the local population, then what impact does that even have? It doesn’t look like they suspend activities until it’s red/red. So a team can be orange for their own rate and have the same protocols regardless of whether the population is orange or red. What’s the purpose of not just measuring the team rate?

V-Doub

Poon Slayer
tPB OG
I think that the metrics were named by a statistician who doesn’t understand how confusing it is to call the cumulative team rate the “population” rate. It’s totally asinine to consider population rate when there won’t be fans at games. But who knows, the Big Ten is dumb.

It’s a total joke. It’s like telling someone they just won an all expense paid 7 days and 7 night vacation in Hawaii. All you have to do is swim there.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
If it is the local population, then what impact does that even have? It doesn’t look like they suspend activities until it’s red/red. So a team can be orange for their own rate and have the same protocols regardless of whether the population is orange or red. What’s the purpose of not just measuring the team rate?
The way i read it is the team has to do more if the local community is red. I'm not sure what more entails. Also they have to "consider" canceling games if the local is red.

HCFord1

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
The way i read it is the team has to do more if the local community is red. I'm not sure what more entails. Also they have to "consider" canceling games if the local is red.
The thing is... we’ll never get to 7.5% for positivity rate in Lincoln or Nebraska with the way that we’re testing. If you read the description it’s positive cases divided by total population. We’re nowhere close to 7.5%.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
The thing is... we’ll never get to 7.5% for positivity rate in Lincoln or Nebraska with the way that we’re testing. If you read the description it’s positive cases divided by total population. We’re nowhere close to 7.5%.
We're at 7.8% according to the tweet. Don't think we'll get that .4% decrease?

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds