Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Polar bear sighting (1 Viewer)

Tyneb23

POTD Editor of tPB. Master interviewer
Titty Master
tPB OG
Polar Bear Hostile Planet GIF by National Geographic Channel

Frogsker30

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Nash ended up getting 6th. Going 3-3
  • Champ. Round 1 - Bradley Hill (Cockeye) 20-7 won by decision over Nash Hutmacher (Nebraska) 7-6 (Dec 4-2)
  • Cons. Round 1 - Nash Hutmacher (Nebraska) 7-6 received a bye () (Bye)
  • Cons. Round 2 - Nash Hutmacher (Nebraska) 7-6 won by major decision over Bennett Tabor (Minnesota) 20-7 (MD 9-1)
  • Cons. Round 3 - Nash Hutmacher (Nebraska) 7-6 won by decision over Seth Nevills (Maryland) 15-9 (Dec 7-0)
  • Cons. Semi - Lucas Davison (Michigan) 18-4 won by fall over Nash Hutmacher (Nebraska) 7-6 (Fall 3:46)
  • 5th Place Match - Bradley Hill (Cockeye) 20-7 won by decision over Nash Hutmacher (Nebraska) 7-6 (Dec 4-1)
This was the 3rd time Nash wrestled Hill all of which he lost on a late takedown.

Frogsker30

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
rest of the squad:
Ridge Takes the crown at 149
Caleb Smith place 8th at 125
Jacob Van Dee Places 4th at 133
Brock Hardy places 5th at 141
Peyton Robb place 3rd at 157. (Miracle he is still able to wrestle)
Omaha Native Antrell Taylor places 5th at 165
Bubba Wilson Places 9th at 174
Lenny Pinto Places 3rd at 184
Silas allred place 3rd at 197
Nash places 6th at HWT

9 wrestlers qualify for NCAA. Bubba is the only non AQ and is hoping for a wildcard draw.

Frogsker30

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Mark Manning not quite good enough. We can do better
I know youre Joking. But Team finished third behind penn state and michigan

1 Penn State 170.5
2 Michigan 123.5
3 Nebraska 118.0
4 Cockeye 110.5
5 Ohio State 89.0
6 Rutgers 87.5
7 Minnesota 74.0
8 Wisconsin 46.5
9 Purdue 41.5
10 Maryland 39.0
11 Illinois 34.0
12 Indiana 33.0
13 Michigan State 23.5
14 Northwestern 14.5

Us and Michigan Could have easily swapped as we had several close matches against michigan go the wrong way.
  • Quarterfinal - Sergio Lemley (Michigan) 18-7 won by decision over Brock Hardy (Nebraska) 19-8 (Dec 4-2) with a questionable takedown at the end giving to Lemley
  • Cons. Semi - Cameron Amine (Michigan) 14-7 won in tie breaker - 1 over Antrell Taylor (Nebraska) 20-7 (TB-1 3-2) Questionable Stall call that awarded Amine a point to send it into OT

Scarlet ObsessioN

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Mark Manning not quite good enough. We can do better
Penn State is literally the Alabama of wrestling right now.. Cael Sanderson is essentially Bear Bryant.

I am not sure what made Michigan so good this year but they had an awesome team.

Nebraska finished 3rd over Cockeye and Ohio State who have been very very good in the last few years. This is probably the most impressive season the wrestling team has had in a long time.

It really was an incredible weekend for Husker athletics.

BillButtlicker

Defensive Lineman
Elite Member
Not sure why Michigan is good? They are always a good tournament team. They won the B1G 2 years ago. I think they had 5 wrestlers in the finals

Frogsker30

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Not sure why Michigan is good? They are always a good tournament team. They won the B1G 2 years ago. I think they had 5 wrestlers in the finals
They get a lot of aspiring olympic wrestlers due to a national training site not being that far away.

World junior champion Joel adams from Millard south committed to Michigan for the Olympic training

BIG TONE SOPRANO

Really Big Truck
Elite Member
We can beat those guys with a better coach/better crootin

1 Penn State 170.5
2 Michigan 123.5
3 Nebraska 118.0
4 Cockeye 110.5
5 Ohio State 89.0
6 Rutgers 87.5
7 Minnesota 74.0
8 Wisconsin 46.5
9 Purdue 41.5
10 Maryland 39.0
11 Illinois 34.0
12 Indiana 33.0
13 Michigan State 23.5
14 Northwestern 14.5

Us and Michigan Could have easily swapped as we had several close matches against michigan go the wrong way.
  • Quarterfinal - Sergio Lemley (Michigan) 18-7 won by decision over Brock Hardy (Nebraska) 19-8 (Dec 4-2) with a questionable takedown at the end giving to Lemley
  • Cons. Semi - Cameron Amine (Michigan) 14-7 won in tie breaker - 1 over Antrell Taylor (Nebraska) 20-7 (TB-1 3-2) Questionable Stall call that awarded Amine a point to send it into OT

dsbigred1

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
Penn State is literally the Alabama of wrestling right now.. Cael Sanderson is essentially Bear Bryant.

I am not sure what made Michigan so good this year but they had an awesome team.

Nebraska finished 3rd over Cockeye and Ohio State who have been very very good in the last few years. This is probably the most impressive season the wrestling team has had in a long time.

It really was an incredible weekend for Husker athletics.
I agree with your overall thoughts, but Penn State in comparison to Alabama is severely understating their greatness over the last decade plus. Significantly more dominant. More comparable to the Wooden led UCLA era.
I do hope Nebraska has their training more geared toward Nationals, and they peak in two weeks.

Bulldog10

Defensive Lineman
Elite Member

1 Penn State 170.5
2 Michigan 123.5
3 Nebraska 118.0
4 Cockeye 110.5
5 Ohio State 89.0
6 Rutgers 87.5
7 Minnesota 74.0
8 Wisconsin 46.5
9 Purdue 41.5
10 Maryland 39.0
11 Illinois 34.0
12 Indiana 33.0
13 Michigan State 23.5
14 Northwestern 14.5

• Cons. Semi - Cameron Amine (Michigan) 14-7 won in tie breaker - 1 over Antrell Taylor (Nebraska) 20-7 (TB-1 3-2) Questionable Stall call that awarded Amine a point to send it into OT to
I watched every duel that was on tv & b10 championships & imo it was pretty disappointing to not finish second. We dominated Michigan in a duel 2 weeks ago. Not saying fire Manning or anything like that, but it was disappointing to me that they wrestled better than us this weekend..

Scarlet ObsessioN

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
I agree with your overall thoughts, but Penn State in comparison to Alabama is severely understating their greatness over the last decade plus. Significantly more dominant. More comparable to the Wooden led UCLA era.
I do hope Nebraska has their training more geared toward Nationals, and they peak in two weeks.
Yeah I meant on a dynastic run which is why I equated to Bama who had that crazy run. Not so much recent Bama.

I like the wooden call back but that is way before my time! haha

kchusker1423

Linebacker
Elite Member
I watched every duel that was on tv & b10 championships & imo it was pretty disappointing to not finish second. We dominated Michigan in a duel 2 weeks ago. Not saying fire Manning or anything like that, but it was disappointing to me that they wrestled better than us this weekend..
Dual meets and tournament wrestling are two entirely different beasts...

Bulldog10

Defensive Lineman
Elite Member
Dual meets and tournament wrestling are two entirely different beasts...
You’re probably right, I never wrestled & this is my first year really following husker wrestling. But it was disappointing to me that it seemed like Michigan won a lot of matches they might’ve been underdogs in & we didn’t. Felt like they really came to battle this weekend & I wish we could’ve performed like that.

dsbigred1

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
Yeah I meant on a dynastic run which is why I equated to Bama who had that crazy run. Not so much recent Bama.

I like the wooden call back but that is way before my time! haha
Mine too, to be honest 😄 what Carl has done is remarkable given the NIL opportunities available at Cockeye for wrestling. Okie State is shocking the way they have fallen off given their history.

That SOB Van Owen

In Mombasa drinkin’ gin
Elite Member
tPB OG

1 Penn State 170.5
2 Michigan 123.5
3 Nebraska 118.0
4 Cockeye 110.5
5 Ohio State 89.0
6 Rutgers 87.5
7 Minnesota 74.0
8 Wisconsin 46.5
9 Purdue 41.5
10 Maryland 39.0
11 Illinois 34.0
12 Indiana 33.0
13 Michigan State 23.5
14 Northwestern 14.5

This is nationals? Only big ten? Does no one else have wrasslin?

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds