Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Podcasts recommendations (1 Viewer)

Frogsker30

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
I have just finished a podcast and looking for new ones. Usually fall into the true crime(investigative) and history podcast but open to anything as long as it's good storytelling and the host's voice sounds engaging haha.

Juro

Sarcastic Ass
Elite Member
Bounty Hunter
What's the podcast you finished?

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
My podcast lineup is a mix of business/personnel development, political and sports...
  • Sports
    • Hail Varsity/Benning Bites
    • Early Break with Sip and Jake (mainly listen to Busch on here)
    • Arrowhead Pride (Chiefs)
    • DNVR (Avalanche)
    • Defending the Kingdom (Chiefs)
  • Biz/PD - Don't do as many of these anymore as I do more audio books here now
    • Small Business Big Marketing
    • Brutal Truth of Sales
    • Lead Lag
  • Political
    • Verdict with Ted Cruz
    • Had a few others, but haven't listen to many of them lately.
  • Audio books
    • Never Split The Difference
    • The Art of War
    • A lot of Tony Robbins
    • The Compound Effect
    • Way of the Wolf

Tonkasker

Safety
Elite Member
Cockeye
If anyone has any national CFB podcasts they recommend I'd be down. Currently flex between Split Zone Duo and Cover 3.

SZD covers larger issues/athletics business really well (especially coaching news) and Cover 3 does a great job with news even though they have a pretty strong bias toward the southeast.

If you want funny Shane Gillis' pod is great

ChocaEgg

Ghost of Kiev 👻
Elite Member
My podcast lineup is a mix of business/personnel development, political and sports...
  • Sports
    • Hail Varsity/Benning Bites
    • Early Break with Sip and Jake (mainly listen to Busch on here)
    • Arrowhead Pride (Chiefs)
    • DNVR (Avalanche)
    • Defending the Kingdom (Chiefs)
  • Biz/PD - Don't do as many of these anymore as I do more audio books here now
    • Small Business Big Marketing
    • Brutal Truth of Sales
    • Lead Lag
  • Political
    • Verdict with Ted Cruz
    • Had a few others, but haven't listen to many of them lately.
  • Audio books
    • Never Split The Difference
    • The Art of War
    • A lot of Tony Robbins
    • The Compound Effect
    • Way of the Wolf
Laugh Reaction GIF by GIPHY News

Juro

Sarcastic Ass
Elite Member
Bounty Hunter
As far as podcasts go:

• Movies:
    • Rewatchables - Movies that are 'rewatchable'
    • The Big Picture - Latest news and rankings on movies that are out or about to be out
  • True Crime:
    • Very Scary People - Amityville Murders by Donny Wahlberg
    • That Chapter Podcast - Good YouTube series, but a guy breaks down different murders and crime.
    • Dr. Death - About Christopher Duntsch, a neurosurgen who was a criminal surgeon and the hunt for him
    • Murdaugh Murders Podcast/True Sunlight - A lot of episodes about Alex Murdaugh, the attorney in South Carolina who murdered his wife and kid
    • My Favorite Murder with Karen Kilgariff and Georgia Hardstark - Two wine drunk women talk about their favorite murders and whatever else
    • Small Town Murder - Like above, a guy breaks down the entire history about murders and/or crime with a little humor twist

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
I've been listening to Kill Tony a lot lately. Rogan if there's someone interesting/funny on. Jim Gaffigan sp? Is guest with Joe now. Random others that get recommended but haven't listened to any others faithfully.

Mavsker

Big Ten referee
tPB OG
Cover 3 does a great job with news even though they have a pretty strong bias toward the southeast.
Not nearly as bad as they used to be. Funny how they started talking up the Big Ten more right around the time CBS got some media rights...

I think they're the best national podcast by far. I like Bigger Ten for Big 10 coverage.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
Not nearly as bad as they used to be. Funny how they started talking up the Big Ten more right around the time CBS got some media rights...

I think they're the best national podcast by far. I like Bigger Ten for Big 10 coverage.
Outside Kanell they seem like a bunch of dweebs. They give solid info nationally though. I actually don’t mind Nick Bahe’s podcast when he is talking Nebraska. The craziest fucker to listen to is Zach Smith. He is pretty funny. He doesn’t care what he says.

doublewing

Running Back
If you're into history:

Hardcore History is pretty great. Really long episodes that are perfect for a road trip.
History of Rome
The Rest is History
History on Fire

2010sarenevercoming

5 Star Punter
Elite Member
I have some friends who do a D&D style podcast. That's not really my scene, but I know some of you are that kind of nerd:

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds