Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Phil Commits Career Hari Kari (2 Viewers)

ThomOsborneMD

NFL PICKEM CHAMP
Elite Member
tPB OG
Surprised no one has mentioned it but his nickname among the pros for decades has been FIGJAM. Fuck I'm Good Just Ask Me. Local paper also said he has earned around $900 mil through golf, investments and business deals over his career. But golf needs to change?
He was literally just given an $8 Million PIP bonus. Some rumors that he’s gambled a lot of his money away. Had to sell his jet. Had to move to Florida. Etc.

God is a Husker

Pussy Posse
tPB OG
Surprised no one has mentioned it but his nickname among the pros for decades has been FIGJAM. Fuck I'm Good Just Ask Me. Local paper also said he has earned around $900 mil through golf, investments and business deals over his career. But golf needs to change?

I remember back in the day when he got busted for insider trading.

It was Deans frozen foods (I’m serious) and he invested like $2mil to only make $700,000.

That’s some shitty insider trading.

BBTown Bomber

In Memoriam 1952-2023
tPB OG
1) Fuck Phil. Have always absolutely hated that piece of human shit.

2) I golfed with Paige one time. That was pretty awesome
1. 1,000 % agree. Disliked his sorry azz for as long as I can remember. ViJay also

2. What was the backstory on golfing with the long-legged, cleavage girl? You lucky mutherfucker.

cwessel76

Run The Damn Ball
Elite Member
tPB OG
Level of cleavage that day?

Forecast:

Animated GIF

dsbigred1

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
He was literally just given an $8 Million PIP bonus. Some rumors that he’s gambled a lot of his money away. Had to sell his jet. Had to move to Florida. Etc.
Yea, I have heard rumors for years that he has a serious gambling problem. To be fair, there have been times it has also looked like he has problems with food and booze, too

Daddy

Running Back
Elite Member
I think there's some merit to what Phil and Norman were going after with the SGL. The way they went about it could not have been worse. Not only were they throwing shade and taking jabs at the tour constantly, they were using Saudi Fucking Arabia as their grandstanding partner. How they were completely unable to read the room in that regard is beyond me. There are legitimate gripes with the tour and how it operates, how money is distributed, course setup, etc. Putting pressure on Jay Monohan and the rest of the powers that be within the hierarchy of the tour is/was necessary.

Professional golf as it exists today is in a pretty interesting conundrum in regard to distributing the money they generate. On one hand you have the notion that only the best guys each week get paid and on the other hand you have guys that move the needle each week, drive revenue, and still miss the cut and miss out on any money from that week. If people are tuning in to watch Spieth or Rory on a Thursday afternoon, should they be compensated for that? I don't know what the answer is but it seems like they should to some degree. How that all shakes down, I don't know, but if they generate a few hundred thousand dollars in revenue for a Thursday round, you'd think they'd get a piece of that. I think PIP is a really good step in right direction but it's not perfect and nobody expected it to be perfect immediately. I dunno, feel free to shoot holes in where I'm coming from. This is a really interesting topic IMO. I don't think it's as black and white as - you only earn money if you make the weekend - anymore.

Either way, Phil looks about as bad as bad can look with all of this. He fucked it all up, too. And trying to blame Shipnuck and claim that he's a victim is a fucking poosie move.

God is a Husker

Pussy Posse
tPB OG
explain to me like im almost 5, what Phil said that got him in trouble

Idk either but as Nebraskans it is our duty to gossip and kick a man while he is down.

It’s what the Oglala aquifer is poisoned with. (and maybe a shit ton of pesticides but whatever agriculture is exempt from the clean water act so doesn’t count)

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds