Welcome to the forum 👋, Visitor

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Pheasant hunting trip with huskers

I don't think the idea is weird. I think the amount is absurd. I've never paid to go pheasant hunting but I'd guess a comparable package without the players is closer to $500/person.
Guess it's just not my thing. Maybe if they were former players it wouldn't feel like grown men going to hang out with college kids for a couple days.

The price is absurd though.

Am I the only one that finds it ironic that we as fans complain about the lack of NIL opportunities with our players because we need to compete with the big boys and how much money they're throwing around.....

And then we also say that the NIL stuff they're offering is too expensive....

Did Gerrod hire a 10 year old from Code Ninja’s to build that website?

Shit is pathetic
giphy.gif

Geocities-style 90s website, page title in the browser tab is "ABM Basketball Camps," just a random pic with no info on the home page. WTF are we doing here?? This is the hub of our entire NIL operation?

Am I the only one that finds it ironic that we as fans complain about the lack of NIL opportunities with our players because we need to compete with the big boys and how much money they're throwing around.....

Well no because real schools find 150k to give each starting linemen without then having to go hunting with creeps.

This is cute and all, but some boosters really need to get together and create a multimillion dollar fund that gets divided up between the scholarship players for going to visit a hospital twice a year or something. $5 million a year pays out $58,823 per player if you want to just be flat rate across the board about it. Could make it $50,000 guaranteed and up to 30 high performing players could end up seeing an additional ~$25,000.

Other schools aren't pimping out the players lol

Guess it's just not my thing. Maybe if they were former players it wouldn't feel like grown men going to hang out with college kids for a couple days.

The price is absurd though.
I'm with you but I bet you could throw an imaginary dart at RSS and hit someone that would go hunting with players at least half the time if it was priced right.

I don't have any doubt they'll sell out that trip. Plenty of people that joke about creating a gofundme for a McDonald's bag of cash. How many would actually drop money in it?

I'm with you but I bet you could throw an imaginary dart at RSS and hit someone that would go hunting with players at least half the time if it was priced right.

How much would you estimate that hunting trip cost sans husker players?

What? Is the school making money on this?

And to be clear, yes, other schools are pimping out the players...
That's a good question, does ABM make money in some way?

I'd think they are and I'm sure the connection to the University involves some kickbacks.

Either way, in the context of this thread, the kids at Texas are just getting paid (as far as I know). They're not going hunting with middle aged guys for money. Seems different in my mind.

That's a good question, does ABM make money in some way?

I'd think they are and I'm sure the connection to the University involves some kickbacks.

Either way, in the context of this thread, the kids at Texas are just getting paid (as far as I know). They're not going hunting with middle aged guys for money. Seems different in my mind.

I would be shocked if any school made any money on deals like this. An organization making millions off of athletes wetting the beak on money the athletes are making themselves? That's a PR nightmare.

And in the context of the thread, I'm guessing that the players at Texas have some sort of obligation to receive that money, a public appearance of some sort, visiting a hospital, etc.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Picture grid mode

You can control the structure where you can open/close images in the grid forum list.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

Close radius

You can use the radius at the corners of the blocks according to your taste by closing/opening it.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Backgrounds are not available!

Background checks are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Back