Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Outdoors thread (3 Viewers)

God is a Husker

Pussy Posse
tPB OG
We’ve got 8 calves that hang around my school. Their mothers have been hit by cars so now they are a pack. I almost hit one ever night when I leave practice. Pretty sure it’s how I’m going to die.

A literal gang of moose juvenile delinquents?
EfDj-iyWsAQ2wOu

LoudHogRider

Yells at Clouds
Elite Member
tPB OG
We’ve got 8 calves that hang around my school. Their mothers have been hit by cars so now they are a pack. I almost hit one ever night when I leave practice. Pretty sure it’s how I’m going to die.
I think I've told the story before, but when I was a District Sales Manager in the Twin Cities, the manager of our Duluth facility had his vehicle literally "kicked to death" by a bull moose while visiting a client. Their manufacturing facility had a long access road through the forest of northern MN and about halfway down the road, a bull moose popped out and Dennie's car surprised him. During the attack, Dennie jumped in the back seat and hid on the floorboard while getting showed with glass from the exploding windows. He told me that he was certain he was going to die, but eventually the moose realized that he'd gone "scoreboard" on Dennie's Honda Accord and wandered back into the woods.

Given their size and temperament, their certainly not a critter to be trifled with.

BushAK

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
tPB OG
I think I've told the story before, but when I was a District Sales Manager in the Twin Cities, the manager of our Duluth facility had his vehicle literally "kicked to death" by a bull moose while visiting a client. Their manufacturing facility had a long access road through the forest of northern MN and about halfway down the road, a bull moose popped out and Dennie's car surprised him. During the attack, Dennie jumped in the back seat and hid on the floorboard while getting showed with glass from the exploding windows. He told me that he was certain he was going to die, but eventually the moose realized that he'd gone "scoreboard" on Dennie's Honda Accord and wandered back into the woods.

Given their size and temperament, their certainly not a critter to be trifled with.
Put it this way...I'm just as nervous when I see a moose as I am a bear when I'm fishing. Cows with calves are especially dangerous. I about had a heart attack this summer when a cow and her calf darted behind me, maybe 10 yards away, and swam across the creek. She didn't even see me which then had me nervous about what made her panic.

LoudHogRider

Yells at Clouds
Elite Member
tPB OG
Put it this way...I'm just as nervous when I see a moose as I am a bear when I'm fishing. Cows with calves are especially dangerous. I about had a heart attack this summer when a cow and her calf darted behind me, maybe 10 yards away, and swam across the creek. She didn't even see me which then had me nervous about what made her panic.
Yea, what the hell were THEY running from? I know bears & wolves are up there - do y’all have mountain lion, too?

Milo-of-Croton

Cornerback
Elite Member
Depression among hunters is a real thing. My nephew Carl spent hundreds of dollars on the outfit and gear only to get completely shut out while hunting a few years ago. Many tried to tell him the city park was not a good place to hunt deer...he didn’t listened. He had an extended stay at a mental health facility, hasn’t hunted since.

1677200342107.jpg

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Depression among hunters is a real thing. My nephew Carl spent hundreds of dollars on the outfit and gear only to get completely shut out while hunting a few years ago. Many tried to tell him the city park was not a good place to hunt deer...he didn’t listened. He had an extended stay at a mental health facility, hasn’t hunted since.

View attachment 20719
I know it's a joke but I'm trying to talk myself into it being a real story.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds