Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

OT: What's the most terrified you've ever been? (2 Viewers)

ISUforNU

Cornerback
Elite Member
I was young but, it scared the shit out of me. Couldn't sleep alone for days.

slattimer

Quarterback
Insider
GIF Master
tPB OG
Probably the moment I realized the truck coming at me while I was on a bicycle wasn’t a buddy fucking with me. But an idiot not paying attention….despite my best avoidance maneuvering, he still ran my ass over.

doublewing

Running Back
Mountain Lion that I almost ran right into on a morning run a bit north of Santa Cruz. Running downhill around some tight switchbacks down and it was in the middle of the trail less than 10 feet from me.

The whole encounter probably took 3 seconds. It was totally apathetic to my existence and just continued off the trail. It was cool to see one in the wild like that but also a bit frightening as it was pretty remote area with no one else around.

Mavsker

Big Ten referee
tPB OG
I think I've shared this here before but here goes

This was about 10 years ago at Crossroads Mall. I think I was still in college. Place was obviously decrepit, I think the only store still there at the time was Target and maybe a bookstore. It's about 10pm, I'm doing a fundraiser thing in the parking lot and have to take a leak. Go into the mall and it's of course totally empty. I was surprised the door was unlocked tbh.

Get to the bathroom, I'm the only one and didn't see or hear anyone walking in. Start to take a leak. About 10 seconds in this Asian dude in a full suit walks in. Immediately something felt off, mainly because the place was completely empty and I felt like I should have seen or heard the guy.

Guy stops at the sink and just looks at himself in the mirror for a couple seconds. Reaches into his suit pocket and pulls out a long knife and just starts washing it in the sink. Alright I'm clearly about to get murdered here.

I'm forcing the pee out of my bladder as fast as I can at this point. Full suit Asian is still washing his knife silently. I fling my willie back into my pants, probably before I was finished peeing. Decide there's really not much I can do at this point besides walk past him out of the bathroom and hope he doesn't stab me. Alas he did not.

One of the strangest encounters of my life. Still not convinced it wasn't some demonic apparition.

Dble E

Cornerback
Elite Member
Never had anything real dramatic so probably the time my shithead kid ran off at the San Diego Zoo to look at the penguins. He was about 7 at the time. He was lost for an hour.....

I ran around the whole fucking place just to see him quietly sitting by the glass looking at them swim.

I said "We didn't know where you were at..."

He said "I knew where I was at..."

PS

Same kid loved loved loved to hide in the clothes rack at dept stores just so he could see us panic....

SoCal_Corn

Wide Receiver
I think I've shared this here before but here goes

This was about 10 years ago at Crossroads Mall. I think I was still in college. Place was obviously decrepit, I think the only store still there at the time was Target and maybe a bookstore. It's about 10pm, I'm doing a fundraiser thing in the parking lot and have to take a leak. Go into the mall and it's of course totally empty. I was surprised the door was unlocked tbh.

Get to the bathroom, I'm the only one and didn't see or hear anyone walking in. Start to take a leak. About 10 seconds in this Asian dude in a full suit walks in. Immediately something felt off, mainly because the place was completely empty and I felt like I should have seen or heard the guy.

Guy stops at the sink and just looks at himself in the mirror for a couple seconds. Reaches into his suit pocket and pulls out a long knife and just starts washing it in the sink. Alright I'm clearly about to get murdered here.

I'm forcing the pee out of my bladder as fast as I can at this point. Full suit Asian is still washing his knife silently. I fling my willie back into my pants, probably before I was finished peeing. Decide there's really not much I can do at this point besides walk past him out of the bathroom and hope he doesn't stab me. Alas he did not.

One of the strangest encounters of my life. Still not convinced it wasn't some demonic apparition.

Was there a Sushi Bar in the Mall?

1-8103979393.jpg

cwessel76

Run The Damn Ball
Elite Member
tPB OG
Doctor looking me in the eye and telling me I have cancer with my wife five months pregnant.

But I, along with my doctors, did this to cancer:

go fuck yourself middle finger GIF by IFC

bbenson67

Cornerback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Summer of 1968 when I received my draft notice from the Omaha Draft Board. I was only 18. I mean when I was in Vietnam it was no picnic and if you're not scared at times you're abnormal. But it was the terror of the unknown and the realization of knowing shit just got real that was overwhelming. There was little doubt of where the US Army would send me in 1968-69.

My own fault though as I had a deferment and dropped out of college due to some personal stuff in my family.

Tsakoi

Running Back
Elite Member
While my wife was giving birth there was a heart beat monitor on the baby. Our first child. The rhythm was the one noise I remember. I was in the room until the last 15 or 20 minutes. At some point the doctor told me to leave the room, I wasn't sure why, but I did it without asking questions, because the doctor was a little busy at the moment. Who am I to question procedure at that time? I was on the other side of the door and I could hear the staff communicating but the most audible thing was the baby's heart beat.

Suddenly the sound stopped. No more rhythmic beat. No talking. I was scared out of my mind. Terrified. What had happened? Was something wrong? I was just left there hanging for what seemed like an eternity. Then I hear the doctor congratulate my wife and tell her she did a good job. I could breathe again. Everything was fine. Baby boy! In reality the sound was absent for probably 30 seconds but let me tell how scary 30 seconds can be thinking you might lose everything.

Some people say the birth of their children is the greatest day of their life, for me it was confusing and scary. I'm glad to be past it.

iruletheskool

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
While my wife was giving birth there was a heart beat monitor on the baby. Our first child. The rhythm was the one noise I remember. I was in the room until the last 15 or 20 minutes. At some point the doctor told me to leave the room, I wasn't sure why, but I did it without asking questions, because the doctor was a little busy at the moment. Who am I to question procedure at that time? I was on the other side of the door and I could hear the staff communicating but the most audible thing was the baby's heart beat.

Suddenly the sound stopped. No more rhythmic beat. No talking. I was scared out of my mind. Terrified. What had happened? Was something wrong? I was just left there hanging for what seemed like an eternity. Then I hear the doctor congratulate my wife and tell her she did a good job. I could breathe again. Everything was fine. Baby boy! In reality the sound was absent for probably 30 seconds but let me tell how scary 30 seconds can be thinking you might lose everything.

Some people say the birth of their children is the greatest day of their life, for me it was confusing and scary. I'm glad to be past it.

My second one came out so fast I thought something went wrong. All the noises stopped, wife had a terrified look. Was only about 5 seconds but that was probably it for me.

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member

I can't remember how it was worded now, but my daughter wasn't super aware of her surroundings when she was first born, like she wouldn't cry or anything. Was perfectly awake, but just didn't cry for what seemed like a long time thinking back, but I'm sure it wasn't too long. Doctors took her over to a computer/monitor and checked all her stuff, started messing with her feet and hands to see if she could feel anything and essentially "wake up" was how they described it. My wife was busy getting cleaned up and her vitals and everything taken care of and I just couldn't look away from my daughter trying to "wake up". They told me it wasn't a big deal but I remember just being in a trance because I didn't understand what was happening.

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
My second one came out so fast I thought something went wrong. All the noises stopped, wife had a terrified look. Was only about 5 seconds but that was probably it for me.
Mine too. She kinda just fell out lol it was a little more controlled than that but the nurse was still putting on her gloves when my wife in the middle of pushing. There were other nurses around here obviously, but the timing of her falling out and the nurse finishing putting on her gloves was perfect, and almost a pretty big accident at the same time.

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Horror movies.

The first time seeing the first Insidious movie. High School with a few friends. There's a few scenes in that one, combined with perfect music, had to sleep listening to music with headphones for a week. The stairs at my house at the time creaked at night due to temperature changes, horrible.

The first Conjuring movie. Not much needs to be said there for people who have seen it. The last 1/3 of that movie got me real good.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds