Welcome to the forum 👋, Visitor

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

OT: Had a weird night

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Anybody ever experienced this?

I went to bed about 10:30 last night. At 2:15 I woke up with so much adrenaline I couldn’t even lay in bed and try to get back to sleep. Ended up going down stairs and watching tv for 2 hours to try and calm down. Went back to bed but never felt like I went completely back to sleep.

It was the strangest feeling. Even scared me a little. It felt like my heart was racing, I took my pulse at like 230 AM and it was about 65 then at 3:30 it was racing a little up to 75 bpm. At one point I wondered if it was a heart attack, a panic attack or if I was just overreacting.

I’ve always had low blood pressure and my resting heart rate right now as I sit at my desk is 60 bpm which is pretty normal for me.

Either way, miserable day ahead for me and hopefully tonight is better.

Have a friend this happens to quite a bit. It turned out to be a stress/anxiety thing but I know his doctor did some tests to make sure there wasn’t issues with his adrenal gland and some other stuff. His is brought on by alcohol too
I did drink last night at the super bowl party I was at

I woke up at 3am because my 2.5y/o was yelling "daddy, come up here!" It's his new favorite thing every morning about that time now. I love it.
My 2.5 year old now won’t go to sleep unless I lay next to him. I’ll usually fall asleep and sneak out later. So whenever he wakes up and realizes I’m gone he will yell the same thing

My 2.5 year old now won’t go to sleep unless I lay next to him. I’ll usually fall asleep and sneak out later. So whenever he wakes up and realizes I’m gone he will yell the same thing
Yep, same thing. Refuses to go to sleep on his own so the wife and I alternate nights laying by him until he falls asleep and we sneak out. Then he wakes up alone and freaks TF out.
We just lay the one year old in the crib awake and say “see you at 7am” and he rarely makes a peep. Thank god.

Yep, same thing. Refuses to go to sleep on his own so the wife and I alternate nights laying by him until he falls asleep and we sneak out. Then he wakes up alone and freaks TF out.
We just lay the one year old in the crib awake and say “see you at 7am” and he rarely makes a peep. Thank god.
Same, but he’s 9 months

Yeah it happens to me every week or two, a stressor or anxiety induced. Usually over something so minuscule, but causes anxiety/full awake around 3 am and sometimes to the point of a full blown panic attack. Had a small one which kept me up for over an hour last night. Son has a football camp tonight and I didn't know where his football cleats and gloves were. Toss and turned thinking I put them in my coaching bag, maybe wife put them in storage, maybe they're thrown in our garage somewhere. Fucking walk out to the garage this morning and they're two steps from the door -- where he left them all of last fall.

Yeah it happens to me every week or two, a stressor or anxiety induced. Usually over something so minuscule, but causes anxiety/full awake around 3 am and sometimes to the point of a full blown panic attack. Had a small one which kept me up for over an hour last night. Son has a football camp tonight and I didn't know where his football cleats and gloves were. Toss and turned thinking I put them in my coaching bag, maybe wife put them in storage, maybe they're thrown in our garage somewhere. Fucking walk out to the garage this morning and they're two steps from the door -- where he left them all of last fall.
I have some job stress that is hard to leave behind when I go to bed

I have some job stress that is hard to leave behind when I go to bed

Same here. It's a trigger from mine too from time to time. I'll have an idea or a fix to an issue that can literally wait a few hours. Luckily I can walk 10 feet out to the computer, do the work and be back in bed within 30-45 minutes.

Same here. It's a trigger from mine too from time to time. I'll have an idea or a fix to an issue that can literally wait a few hours. Luckily I can walk 10 feet out to the computer, do the work and be back in bed within 30-45 minutes.
Mine is more...Like...I want a new job..a new direction. And what is that direction. But ya last night scared me. I am a pretty sound sleeper.

Yeah, that's no fun.

I forgot the name of the syndrome, but I read something about a "Sunday Night" anxiety related to all the crap you have to figure out Monday am.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Picture grid mode

You can control the structure where you can open/close images in the grid forum list.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

Close radius

You can use the radius at the corners of the blocks according to your taste by closing/opening it.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Backgrounds are not available!

Background checks are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Back