Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

OT - 3 Body Problem (1 Viewer)

tman87

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
Watched the first 3 episodes last night. I like it. Will likely finish the series this weekend. Interested to see where this goes in the final 5 episodes.

TrentMilfer

Horny Walk-on
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Yeah, they're a couple of episodes away from the season 2 finale. It's slow at the start but goddamn it heats up about mid-season 1 and doesn't lose steam the rest of the way once characters are kind of established. I highly recommend it.
Tokyo Vice is so good. Crazy that its based a real events/people. Definitely dramatized for the show

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
Heard really good things about it. I've been hooked on Tokyo Vice (HBO), probably one of the better shows I've seen in years. Shogun will be next.
Watching first episode of Tokyo Vice. Meant to start watching it a long time ago but forgot about

Between this and Shogun I’m going to speak fluent Japanese before the end of the year

cwessel76

Run The Damn Ball
Elite Member
tPB OG
That’s next on my watch list. How is it?

Wrapping up Constellation on Apple TV+ tonight. LOVE IT. Quantum physics nerds will really appreciate it.

Total mindfuck and I would recommend reading a quick article on the basic principles of quantum physics before watching.

nja13

2x All-state FG/PAT holder
Elite Member
That’s next on my watch list. How is it?

Wrapping up Constellation on Apple TV+ tonight. LOVE IT. Quantum physics nerds will really appreciate it.

Total mindfuck and I would recommend reading a quick article on the basic principles of quantum physics before watching.
I am a few episodes into Silo and am really enjoying it.

nja13

2x All-state FG/PAT holder
Elite Member
I for one, am getting tired of shows that are set in a foriegn land and have everyone speaking their correct languages, meaning the show is nearly all in subtitles. Shogun is one running currently. Narcos was another one.

When you say this, some people treat you like some uncultured simpleton who instists everything be catered to him. But we know most of these shows are made my Americans for an American audience.

We also know that these shows these days are brilliantly shot and works of visual art that are meant to be seen! They are designed to let our eye wander the screen and take the artistry in. And I am not doing that if I am focused on the bottom of the screen reading dialouge. The shows would be much better enjoyed as they were intended if everyone spoke English, even if you have to sacrifice a smidge of realism.

JMO.

(Note I am not talking about foreign films. A movie made in France by French people should be in French, by all means.)

BingoDingo

Absolute Idiot
I for one, am getting tired of shows that are set in a foriegn land and have everyone speaking their correct languages, meaning the show is nearly all in subtitles. Shogun is one running currently. Narcos was another one.

When you say this, some people treat you like some uncultured simpleton who instists everything be catered to him. But we know most of these shows are made my Americans for an American audience.

We also know that these shows these days are brilliantly shot and works of visual art that are meant to be seen! They are designed to let our eye wander the screen and take the artistry in. And I am not doing that if I am focused on the bottom of the screen reading dialouge. The shows would be much better enjoyed as they were intended if everyone spoke English, even if you have to sacrifice a smidge of realism.

JMO.

(Note I am not talking about foreign films. A movie made in France by French people should be in French, by all means.)
Just use dubbed instead of subtitles. Problem solved.

SoCal_Corn

Wide Receiver
I'm afraid I'll feel the same way. Still want to watch Ozark and Peaky Blinders

I still want to watch those two, too.
I tried Ozark a few years ago and couldn't get into it.
Need a 2nd chance.

But I think Peaky is next for me, doh.

I just finished The Gentlemen.
It was OK.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds