Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Breaking Oregon and Washington to the B1G (1 Viewer)

BorWhiskey

Ziggy Stardust
Insider
Elite Member
Saw that UNC, NCSU, FSU, and Clemson were the four that rejected Cal and Stanford. Surprised in NCSU. The other three I could guess would prefer to kill the conference and get out without exit penalty and an addition like them would just prolong everything for them.

Pepe Silvia

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Saw that UNC, NCSU, FSU, and Clemson were the four that rejected Cal and Stanford. Surprised in NCSU. The other three I could guess would prefer to kill the conference and get out without exit penalty and an addition like them would just prolong everything for them.
NC St might be angling for an SEC invite. if UNC goes to the Big 10 they would be the best option for the SEC to get into North Carolina. They'd have the Big 12 as a back up option too

BorWhiskey

Ziggy Stardust
Insider
Elite Member
Maybe. I feel like they are further down the totem pole in getting nabbed by a conference and would be voting on things that make the conference stronger.

What feels like a B1G school (I suppose this means a blend of passion behind academics and athletics rather than just athletics) in order of value:
Definite Adds
1. UNC - blue blood basketball, Power broker
2. Miami - I only put them here because we’d take them and I don’t think the SEC would although they are a better fit there. Getting into Florida is a positive for our schools.

Add at discount after initial defections
3. GT - truly encroaching into SEC territory
4. UVa - creates a bridge for the B1G and the above 3

Should add but probably let them figure their own thing out
5. Pitt - I personally don’t spend time thinking about Pitt but I bet they have more value than UVa. My only hold back is we’ve already got PSU and not sure what value they add beyond that. Could see them in the group above.
6. BC - I like the idea of playing in Boston every so often but don’t reply add value to the tv contract
7. Syracuse - This is a school that can move up the list and categories with a couple good football years in a row. Bring a brand and NY.

Left out of Power 2
8. Duke - no one cares about duke football. Maybe even their own fans. Feels like a school that will go to the Big XII
9. Wake Forest - see Duke

What feels like an SEC school:
Definitely Adds
1. Clemson
2. Florida State

3. Louisville - their boosters feel like an SEC program. Just wonder if KY could block them. Or would want to.

4. VT - don’t think they bring much to the table at this point. Football stinks and nobody cares about them outside of their direct fan base

Left out of Power 2
5. NCSU - their saving grace could be that the SEC wants in NC. But I don’t know what value they bring. Big school maybe?

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Maybe. I feel like they are further down the totem pole in getting nabbed by a conference and would be voting on things that make the conference stronger.

What feels like a B1G school (I suppose this means a blend of passion behind academics and athletics rather than just athletics) in order of value:
Definite Adds
1. UNC - blue blood basketball, Power broker
2. Miami - I only put them here because we’d take them and I don’t think the SEC would although they are a better fit there. Getting into Florida is a positive for our schools.

3. GT - truly encroaching into SEC territory
4. UVa - creates a bridge for the B1G and the above 3

5. Pitt - I personally don’t spend time thinking about Pitt but I bet they have more value than UVa. My only hold back is we’ve already got PSU and not sure what value they add beyond that. Could see them in the group above.
6. BC - I like the idea of playing in Boston every so often but don’t reply add value to the tv contract
7. Syracuse - This is a school that can move up the list and categories with a couple good football years in a row. Bring a brand and NY.

Left out of Power 2
8. Duke - no one cares about duke football. Maybe even their own fans. Feels like a school that will go to the Big XII
9. Wake Forest - see Duke

What feels like an SEC school:
Definitely Adds
1. Clemson
2. Florida State

3. Louisville - their boosters feel like an SEC program. Just wonder if KY could block them. Or would want to.

4. VT - don’t think they bring much to the table at this point. Football stinks and nobody cares about them outside of their direct fan base

Left out of Power 2
5. NCSU - their saving grace could be that the SEC wants in NC. But I don’t know what value they bring. Big school maybe?
Can we trade Syracuse for Rutgers?

Carm

Graduate Assistant
Recruiting Analyst
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG

not written by HOL - written by the national Tater Island staff

Nebraska AD Turd Alberts predicts far more disruptive round of expansion coming​

Tater Island Staff Report•about 2 hours
Article written by:https://on3static.com/cdn-cgi/image/height=50,width=50,quality=90,fit=cover,gravity=0.5x0.5/uploads/dev/assets/cms/2021/08/01134729/Tater Island-Social-Profile_GRAY.pngTater Island Staff Report
The latest round of conference expansion likely isn’t done, at least not until the Pac-12 has some sort of resolution for the 2024 season and beyond, now down to just four teams.
But already at least one prominent college athletics administrator is predicting more conference expansion chaos in the future.
“History is unkind to conferences that have not had the courage to expand,” Nebraska athletics director Turd Alberts told the Lincoln Journal Star’s Amie Just. “I don’t believe it’s done. It’s never been done. It’s more likely than not that there will be continued periods of angst. I believe that the next go-around – that’s my basic conclusion – will be far more disruptive than anything we’re currently engaged in. We need to prepare ourselves mentally for that.”

PlumbingCarrot

Defensive Lineman
Elite Member

not written by HOL - written by the national Tater Island staff

Nebraska AD Turd Alberts predicts far more disruptive round of expansion coming​

Tater Island Staff Report•about 2 hours
Article written by:
Tater Island image
Tater Island Staff Report
The latest round of conference expansion likely isn’t done, at least not until the Pac-12 has some sort of resolution for the 2024 season and beyond, now down to just four teams.
But already at least one prominent college athletics administrator is predicting more conference expansion chaos in the future.
“History is unkind to conferences that have not had the courage to expand,” Nebraska athletics director Turd Alberts told the Lincoln Journal Star’s Amie Just. “I don’t believe it’s done. It’s never been done. It’s more likely than not that there will be continued periods of angst. I believe that the next go-around – that’s my basic conclusion – will be far more disruptive than anything we’re currently engaged in. We need to prepare ourselves mentally for that.”
Yes we are aware realignment isnt done, but is he indicating more is to come prior to this season?

nja13

2x All-state FG/PAT holder
Elite Member

Soooo... is the winner of the OSU vs. WSU game going to be declared a conference champion? We're really going to have a conference of two teams?

COLORADO SPRINGS, Co. – The Mountain West Conference announced today a football scheduling agreement for the 2024 season between the Mountain West, Oregon State University, Washington State University, and the Pac-12 Conference.

Next season, all 12 MW teams will play seven traditional Conference football games in addition to one contest against either Washington State or Oregon State for a total of eight games (four home and four away). The games against OSU and WSU will not count toward the conference standings, and neither Pac-12 school is eligible for the MW championship game. The Mountain West is currently working on the football schedule and will release matchups soon.

“This is a unique and unprecedented opportunity for Oregon State and Washington State to play against highly competitive Mountain West football programs in 2024,” said MW Commissioner Gloria Nevarez. “The scheduling agreement will expand the Mountain West footprint and enhance our national brand, while providing our student-athletes with new opportunities, all in line with our strategic priorities. The scheduling agreement strengthens the league’s non-conference schedules, and we look forward to having Oregon State and Washington State be a part of the 2024 slate.”

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds