Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

One hefty hire flying under the radar

Mavsker

Big Ten referee
Elite Member
tPB OG
9194876f-83e5-471d-a024-756784675f90_uspw_4126098.jpg

This absolute unit compiled a whopping 25 wins in his last three years at Kansas with just 13 losses. His 2007 offense absolutely feasted on the Huskers, dropping a monstrous 76-burger on the Blackshirts, while his defense stuffed our offense like a Thanksgiving turkey.

His sheer size and weight gives a commanding presence at practice and podium alike. His personality is larger than life, and he has a humongous heart.

If you're worried about the offensive line, Mangino would present the perfect physique to craft The Pipeline after, a massive reminder of what's possible with enough time at the Training Table.

Hire this colossus and we're sure to see some monumental wins.

This thread reminded me of another former fat Kansas Football Coach and one of the best clone calls into The Jim Rome Show (Can’t find audio of it):

"Charlie in Lawrence": On November 12, 2013, at the request of the Clones, Rome decided to allow personal appearance smack as show fodder in honor of 11-12-13 starting at 11:12:13 am PST. The very last caller in this segment was "Charlie in Lawrence" - someone impersonating Kansas football coach Charlie Weis, saying he wanted "two buckets of 'Jungle Caramel'", that he rolled to a Jack-In-The-Box drive-thru and said "I'll take it" after looking at the menu, and warred drinking cake batter and maple syrup from a glass. After hanging up, Rome was totally speechless for about ten seconds before he put an end to the appearance smack segment. Much to Rome's dismay, the Clones loved "Charlie in Lawrence" and his "Jungle Caramel" blast. At the end of the show, Rome reluctantly gave "Charlie in Lawrence" Huge Call and vowed never again to allow appearance smack as show fodder.

This thread reminded me of another former fat Kansas Football Coach and one of the best clone calls into The Jim Rome Show (Can’t find audio of it):

"Charlie in Lawrence": On November 12, 2013, at the request of the Clones, Rome decided to allow personal appearance smack as show fodder in honor of 11-12-13 starting at 11:12:13 am PST. The very last caller in this segment was "Charlie in Lawrence" - someone impersonating Kansas football coach Charlie Weis, saying he wanted "two buckets of 'Jungle Caramel'", that he rolled to a Jack-In-The-Box drive-thru and said "I'll take it" after looking at the menu, and warred drinking cake batter and maple syrup from a glass. After hanging up, Rome was totally speechless for about ten seconds before he put an end to the appearance smack segment. Much to Rome's dismay, the Clones loved "Charlie in Lawrence" and his "Jungle Caramel" blast. At the end of the show, Rome reluctantly gave "Charlie in Lawrence" Huge Call and vowed never again to allow appearance smack as show fodder.
Omfg. I need to hear this audio

One of @MtnHusker favorite people.
Great coach but worthless human being. Serious anger issues on and off the field. The AD Lew Perkins lived 2 houses down from Mangino and saw the cop cars there at night. They were able to keep it quiet and out of the papers. Made him go to an anger management place for a while. I'm not a fan of Wife Beaters and neither was Lew Perkins. Lew was also bothered by how fat he was because Lew himself battled weight issues and even had Lapband Surgery. Mangino had no interest in losing weight and Lew hated how that fat little man was the image of KU Football..

My buddy Keith Loneker, RIP Big Man, played at KU and then in the NFL for the Rams & Falcons. He interviewed with mangino hoping to get a position on his staff helping coach the O Line. Keith at the time was weighing well over 450 lbs, large human being. He looked at Mangino during the interview and told him "Hiring me will give you about the only person who could stand next to you on the sideline and make you look small". Mangino dead panned him, not even a smirk.

It's been brought up that Mangino flossed his ass after he took shits. One of their big boosters, Doug Compton, build a special shower for him off of his office so he could bath after he shit because literally his T-Rex arms were too short to properly wipe his ass. So yes he used towels and basically flossed with them. Poor student managers had to wash them.

Great coach but worthless human being. Serious anger issues on and off the field. The AD Lew Perkins lived 2 houses down from Mangino and saw the cop cars there at night. They were able to keep it quiet and out of the papers. Made him go to an anger management place for a while. I'm not a fan of Wife Beaters and neither was Lew Perkins. Lew was also bothered by how fat he was because Lew himself battled weight issues and even had Lapband Surgery. Mangino had no interest in losing weight and Lew hated how that fat little man was the image of KU Football..

My buddy Keith Loneker, RIP Big Man, played at KU and then in the NFL for the Rams & Falcons. He interviewed with mangino hoping to get a position on his staff helping coach the O Line. Keith at the time was weighing well over 450 lbs, large human being. He looked at Mangino during the interview and told him "Hiring me will give you about the only person who could stand next to you on the sideline and make you look small". Mangino dead panned him, not even a smirk.

It's been brought up that Mangino flossed his ass after he took shits. One of their big boosters, Doug Compton, build a special shower for him off of his office so he could bath after he shit because literally his T-Rex arms were too short to properly wipe his ass. So yes he used towels and basically flossed with them. Poor student managers had to wash them.
What

The

Fuck

oh-no-kenan-thompson.gif

Would be a new opportunity for Waterboy @kenyanfeline

I wonder if Leipold ever uses the shower or if it's taped off like a crime scene

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back