Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Omaha/Bennington turning into the Wild West (1 Viewer)

cwessel76

Run The Damn Ball
Elite Member
tPB OG
My in-laws are in Bennington. I’ll have to ask them what is going on.

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
FYI this is around Hanover Falls - 160ish and State Street

doublewing

Running Back
resevoir-dogs.gif

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
Likely gonna call in the Ft. Calhoun militia if things don’t calm down……😎

Years ago as the Vice President of the inaugural Bennington Chamber of Commerce; I stood in front of many people of influence and argued that the idea Bennington at the time needed it’s own dedicated police force given the town’s financial situation was extremely imprudent.

At the time, Bennington was 7.5 million in debt; so adding a ton of unionized labor the city could never get rid of if it wanted to was premature in my opinion and that decision didn’t have to be made without proper due diligence. I also believed that Bennington was being adequately policed by county and state troopers as well as part time officers as all they were doing was writing up speeding tickets and the very rare domestic disturbance.

I of course lost. It wasn’t exactly an argument I was extremely passionate about. The groups that I ran in were more interested in getting tax lines redrawn to hopefully reduce property taxes in Bennington.

The first few kids that they had policing Bennington full time lacked a lot of very basic training.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds