Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Breaking OFFICIAL Peepants @ NU IGT (1 Viewer)

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
If you want him after that game, god help you
I actually feel bad for Mickey in that he was dealt a crotchety stubborn old OC who was flat out wrong about the Purdy vs Smothers thing. And Mickey was not strong enough to override him.

In the end, those are the calls you have to make as a HC. But not an easy hand to be dealt with when you got a 65 yr old OC in DGAF mode. Smothers was the right call here, not Purdy. That weakness from Mickey cost him 2 potential wins.

Mickey needed to step in and shove his dick in Whipple's face. And he didn't do it.

Juro

Sarcastic Ass
Elite Member
Bounty Hunter
I actually feel bad for Mickey in that he was dealt a crotchety stubborn old OC who was flat out wrong about the Purdy vs Smothers thing. And Mickey was not strong enough to override him.

In the end, those are the calls you have to make as a HC. But not an easy hand to be dealt with when you got a 65 yr old OC in DGAF mode. Smothers was the right call here, not Purdy. That weakness from Mickey cost him 2 potential wins.
An experienced HC would override him.

CornFed Gregger

Offensive Lineman
I'm not sure about that.

On 1620 on Friday, Schaefer said he made calls all day to his contacts and he couldn't find any evidence that there were advanced talks with Rhule. He said he thought Rhule might be interested and maybe there was an initial contact, but he didn't think there was anything advanced between NU and Rhule.
November 4th segment 10, Schaefer at 5:20 said that he made more phone calls than any other day during the 50 day coaching search & he believes there is real smoke about Rhule & interest from both sides but he doesn’t expect an announcement any time soon or anything concrete that he’s connected. Nitpick all you want to dunk on me but Schaefer dropped Rhule

HerbRedman

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
November 4th segment 10, Schaefer at 5:20 said that he made more phone calls than any other day during the 50 day coaching search & he believes there is real smoke about Rhule & interest from both sides but he doesn’t expect an announcement any time soon or anything concrete that he’s connected. Nitpick all you want to dunk on me but Schaefer dropped Rhule
Yep that's the segment I'm referencing too. I thought he said he made all those calls but could not find any evidence there were advanced talks.

He said it could be that there was mutual interest but he couldn't find much evidence for it.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds