Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Official 2024 Other Games Thread

A breakdown of Norvell's base contract salary for the next eight years can be viewed below.

— 2024 (Contract Year Five): $9,785,000

— 2025 (Contract Year Six): $9,935,000

— 2026 (Contract Year Seven): $10,085,000

— 2027 (Contract Year Eight): $10,235,000

— 2028 (Contract Year Nine): $10,385,000

— 2029 (Contract Year Ten): $10,535,000

— 2030 (Contract Year 11): $10,685,000

— 2031 (Contract Year 12): $10,835,000

Happy Survivor GIF

A breakdown of Norvell's base contract salary for the next eight years can be viewed below.

— 2024 (Contract Year Five): $9,785,000

— 2025 (Contract Year Six): $9,935,000

— 2026 (Contract Year Seven): $10,085,000

— 2027 (Contract Year Eight): $10,235,000

— 2028 (Contract Year Nine): $10,385,000

— 2029 (Contract Year Ten): $10,535,000

— 2030 (Contract Year 11): $10,685,000

— 2031 (Contract Year 12): $10,835,000

Happy Survivor GIF
Florida will be looking for a coach after this year. FSU will probably be doing the same after next year.

midway through the 2nd quarter, DJU finally completes a forward pass
It was definitely worth the extra money to get Cam Ward for Miami. FSU fans are thinking what could have been.

Man that QB sneak was a thing of beauty. Sprint up to the line, snap it under center, QB sneak for 3 yards. Best play in football.

> Texas A&M
> Blue blood

Bro
Oh yeah I meant to fix that before I posted but got distracted and posted it anyway. I actually don't consider any of the 3 true blue bloods. Texas A&M = no. Florida = no. Florida St = no or barely.

IIRC Florida St doesn't come up on a lot of the blue blood charts bc they were so bad from 1950 to really like 1985.

I don't know where Florida comes out on those Blue Blood matrix charts. But again I think their program record from 1950 to 1990 drags them out of the Blue Blood qualifications.

Sorry if this makes me snooty. I'll put FSU there only bc I liked Bobby Bowden.

I think those Blue Blood charts usually have:
  • Michigan
  • Notre Dame
  • Oklahoma
  • Ohio State
  • Alabama
  • Texas
  • USC
  • Nebraska
it usually stops at 8. So IIRC FSU and UF aren't included.

Last edited:
Oh yeah I meant to fix that before I posted but got distracted and posted it anyway. I actually don't consider any of the 3 true blue bloods. Texas A&M = no. Florida = no. Florida St = no or barely.

IIRC Florida St doesn't come up on a lot of the blue blood charts bc they were so bad from 1950 to really like 1985.

I don't know where Florida comes out on those Blue Blood matrix charts. But again I think their program record from 1950 to 1990 drags them out of the Blue Blood qualifications.

Sorry if this makes me snooty. I'll put FSU there only bc I liked Bobby Bowden.
I agree. FSU is borderline but shouldn't be in over Penn St imo (who is often not included) Regardless, point still stands as 3 really big time programs

I agree. FSU is borderline but shouldn't be in over Penn St imo (who is often not included) Regardless, point still stands as 3 really big time programs
My point was that it has been a while since we had a HC who was sought after by big $$$-wielding programs.

Solich - no one wanted
Callahan - no one wanted
Pelini - was wanted for a brief window only
Riley - no one wanted
Frost - entire world laughed at

Is it wins that determine blue blood status? Why is Penn St mentioned at all? I’d think USC would be in over them.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back