Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Official 2024 Nebraska Cardiac Beaver Slayers Baseball Thread (28-15) BROCKETT THROWS NO-HITTER!!!! (21 Viewers)

Osborne1992

Linebacker
Elite Member
icegif-2031.gif

charlie sheen baseball GIF

PonyBoy

Linebacker
Insider
Gotta win a few of these to have a chance to host!

Major kudos to Drew Christo. Didn't have his best stuff and gutted out 7 innings. That doesn't happen often, and his confidence has to be sky fucking high after the last 2 weekends. So good to see!

Sears Friday
Christo Saturday

Outside of Cockeye, there isn't a better 1-2 punch in the B1G. Need someone to step up for Sunday games.

clifscales

Defensive Lineman
Yeah I also don’t understand college baseball, watch way more MLB tbh. You only play 50 games or so and have 4 days off between series. Why aren’t your best players playing??? And yeah idk wtf happened to Swansen, he’s looked terrible. Silva trying to bunt every at bat really grinds my fuckin gears. Overbrek would help, I liked what I saw the first weekend.
I saw every game Silva played last year and he didnt bunt that much so I dont know if they are telling him to see where 3rd base is playing to lay a bunt down. if he does get a bunt single there's an 85% chance it turns into double. Dude can fly.

Bulldog10

Defensive Lineman
Elite Member
I saw every game Silva played last year and he didnt bunt that much so I dont know if they are telling him to see where 3rd base is playing to lay a bunt down. if he does get a bunt single there's an 85% chance it turns into double. Dude can fly.
Thanks for the reply, I was wondering if maybe the reason his average was so high last year was bc he bunted a lot. If not, then I wish they’d let him swing away more. I get so hot every time he squares to bunt on an 0-1 count.

SlumpBuster

Cornerback
Elite Member
Am I the only one who thinks we’re going to be pretty bad this year?? I’ve watched every game & just don’t see anything special. We have the pitching to keep us in a lot of games but they aren’t dominant enough to win games themselves. The bats will struggle to score runs all year imo. We broke the record for most HR’s hit last year and our offense still struggled at times & our offense is far worse than it was last year.
No. I think we're going to be decent not great

Osborne1992

Linebacker
Elite Member
Huh? He's one of the nations leading returning homerun leaders. Let him work through it
Yeah hot take on my part. I think Bolt said he is notorious for slow starts. He has 1 hit in 16 at bats and 9 strikeouts... woof. At least start with putting the ball in play. Last year he struck out 36% of his at bats and this season he's at 56%. If he's struggling this bad then maybe riding a little pine will do him some good.

SlumpBuster

Cornerback
Elite Member
Yeah hot take on my part. I think Bolt said he is notorious for slow starts. He has 1 hit in 16 at bats and 9 strikeouts... woof. At least start with putting the ball in play. Last year he struck out 36% of his at bats and this season he's at 56%. If he's struggling this bad then maybe riding a little pine will do him some good.
I'm fine with a short benching too if you need to reset someone's head space.

What he really needs is a slump buster 🤣

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds