Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Its official: PFF Sucks (1 Viewer)

cwessel76

Run The Damn Ball
Elite Member
tPB OG
Probably because you posted your thread first.
suck my dick GIF

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
PFF is pretty great

People just need to be pissy about something all the time

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
PFF was the straw that broke the camel's back for me and RSS. Callahan pushing that shit down my throat was all I needed to get out of there.

I stopped paying attention to PFF grades when PFF graded Shea Patterson better than Dwayne Haskins in 2018
Shea Patterson 2018 QB Stats: 64% Comp - 2,600 Yards - 22 TD - 7 INT - 76 Rush - 273 Yards (10-3) Record, Lost the Peach Bowl)
Dwayne Haskins 2018 QB Stats: 70% Comp - 4,831 Yards - 50 TD - 8 INT - 79 Rush - 108 Yards (13-1 record, won the Big 10 and the Rose Bowl)

Just absolutely asinine. I know the OL guys that I follow on X/Twitter also despise PFF grades.

2010sarenevercoming

5 Star Punter
Elite Member
PFF is the best place to go for stats beyond the basic ones.
There's a conceptual problem in that there's not the coach/insider knowledge to be able to fully diagnose a player's responsibilities on a given play; and not the expertise available to grade every player on every team every week even to the extent that an outsider expert/coach could do. So no fully accurate, quantifiable grade will ever be public.

Grades also seem to be affected by level of competition - like you may dominate & get a massive grade against some weenie opponent even when using trash technique, or do more vs. an All-American across from you than anyone else does to him all season, but get downgraded because he had his moments too.

But at the same time, it provides far more depth than any other public stat, and if you take it with a big grain of salt, it's helpful in generally identifying things at a high level, over time.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds