Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Official 2024 Nebraska Cardiac Beaver Slayers Baseball Thread (30-16) (29 Viewers)

SlumpBuster

Cornerback
Elite Member
Who is this dude? Pretty bad article, and this is the hottest take of them all.

While the offense recorded 22 hits, only four of them were for extra bases and frankly, there were not many that were hit really solid.

We barreled up a ton of balls all 3 games. Heck, in the Texas Tech game alone we had 19 balls in play with an exit velo of 95 or more while they had less than 8. We had 25 total ABs with balls in play so 76% had a high exit velo. That's an incredibly high number. TT had around 30%.

RISP & Ks plagued the team once again this past weekend but damn man, we squared up a ton of balls.
No shit. TT alone we smashed the ball all over the place, just right at guys at the worst time. They had swinging bunts and bloop singles.

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member

Centerfielder Riley Silva hit .364 (4 for 11) in his Big Red debut and said he flew back to Lincoln more convinced of the team’s potential than when he left.

“I think we’re the best team in the country,” Silva said. “We showed bits and pieces of it so I think just if we start early in the games, we have a chance to host a regional. That’s something we’re really excited about.”

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider

I love this type of attitude from a baseball team. To play this game at a high level you have to constantly be toeing the line between confidence and cockiness and sometimes you have to throw your entire body over that line. You have to fully believe that you’re so tough they couldn’t castrate you with a chainsaw.

Goskers07

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
Grand Canyon will be just as big, if not bigger, of a task as opening weekend. They play solid defense, have depth on the bump and team offense.

2-2 is my hope.
They definitely scheduled the good guys tough to start the year. I'm holding out some excitement since they were very competitive in both losses against high quality teams. Maybe they can build on that.

Kaladin

Elite Member
Grand Canyon will be just as big, if not bigger, of a task as opening weekend. They play solid defense, have depth on the bump and team offense.

2-2 is my hope.
Who will our Sunday starter be?

PonyBoy

Cornerback
Insider
Who will our Sunday starter be?

Clark? I expect Sears-Walsh-Clark to throw Friday-Saturday-Sunday this weekend again. In the past, Bolt hasn't shown to move guys up a day - early in the year. Maybe Childress has a different philosophy, and he's making all decisions (99%) with his group, so we'll see. Mum has been the word and I've asked twice.

Thursdays starter I guess it being a RHP (Olsen?) as we're really limited with LHP out of the pen & overall.

Kaladin

Elite Member
Clark? I expect Sears-Walsh-Clark to throw Friday-Saturday-Sunday this weekend again. In the past, Bolt hasn't shown to move guys up a day - early in the year. Maybe Childress has a different philosophy, and he's making all decisions (99%) with his group, so we'll see. Mum has been the word and I've asked twice.

Thursdays starter I guess it being a RHP (Olsen?) as we're really limited with LHP out of the pen & overall.
Oh I figured Sears would start on Thursday, then Walsh, then Clark, then a new guy on Sunday

But I guess it makes sense to start someone else on Thursday so that you can keep the starters on the same schedule

PonyBoy

Cornerback
Insider
Oh I figured Sears would start on Thursday, then Walsh, then Clark, then a new guy on Sunday

But I guess it makes sense to start someone else on Thursday so that you can keep the starters on the same schedule

Just announced.

Christo Thursday
Same rotation as opening weekend Fri-Sat-Sun

11husker23

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Just announced.

Christo Thursday
Nervous Episode 1 GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

Kaladin

Elite Member
Just announced.

Christo Thursday
What's the deal with Christo? Just a mental thing?

He didn't look that great this weekend

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds