Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Official 2024 Nebraska Cardiac Beaver Slayers Baseball Thread (32-18) (13 Viewers)

Red Finger

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
Sad Paul Simon GIF

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member

PonyBoy

Cornerback
Insider

Who is this dude? Pretty bad article, and this is the hottest take of them all.

While the offense recorded 22 hits, only four of them were for extra bases and frankly, there were not many that were hit really solid.

We barreled up a ton of balls all 3 games. Heck, in the Texas Tech game alone we had 19 balls in play with an exit velo of 95 or more while they had less than 8. We had 25 total ABs with balls in play so 76% had a high exit velo. That's an incredibly high number. TT had around 30%.

RISP & Ks plagued the team once again this past weekend but damn man, we squared up a ton of balls.

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member

While the offense recorded 22 hits, only four of them were for extra bases and frankly, there were not many that were hit really solid.

We barreled up a ton of balls all 3 games. Heck, in the Texas Tech game alone we had 19 balls in play with an exit velo of 95 or more while they had less than 8. We had 25 total ABs with balls in play so 76% had a high exit velo. That's an incredibly high number. TT had around 30%.

RISP & Ks plagued the team once again this past weekend but damn man, we squared up a ton of balls.
I don’t know who he is, just saw the article on twitter. There’s not much Nebraska baseball content out there

2010sarenevercoming

5 Star Punter
Elite Member

I don’t know who he is, just saw the article on twitter. There’s not much Nebraska baseball content out there
@Dean (AI) write a sports article about a college baseball team that went 1-2 over the weekend, but in one game had 19 of their 25 balls in play with an exit velocity of 95 MPH or more while the other team had less than 8.

RISP & Ks plagued this team once again this past weekend but damn man, they squared up a ton of balls.

Edit: @Dean (AI) you slacking retard. The machines are never going to rise if you don't show a little initiative.

PonyBoy

Cornerback
Insider

Sorry Kal, I didn't mean that as a dig to you at all. A couple years back, that website had an article talking about our "pictures" and I never read them again till your post.

@Dean (AI) write a sports article about a college baseball team that went 1-2 over the weekend, but in one game had 19 of their 25 balls in play with an exit velocity of 95 MPH or more while the other team had less than 8.

RISP & Ks plagued this team once again this past weekend but damn man, they squared up a ton of balls.

Edit: @Dean (AI) you slacking retard. The machines are never going to rise if you don't show a little initiative.

I have no idea with this means, just shared a little data I got early this morning.

Osborne1992

Linebacker
Elite Member
I'm still confused as to why Bolt doesn't seem to care about lefty/righty situations. Against Texas Tech we had guys in scoring position and a lefty DH and we decided not to switch to a right handed hitter. Even worse, against Oklahoma we decided to DH a lefty against a left handed pitcher. But yet when it was late in both games we brought in left handed pitchers against left handed hitters and vice versa. Make it make sense.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds