Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Official 2024 Nebraska Cardiac Beaver Slayers Baseball Thread (28-15) BROCKETT THROWS NO-HITTER!!!! (48 Viewers)

Kaladin

Professor of Aesthetics / Positive Boogeyman
Elite Member
Why did you let this happen
Chris Farley Idk GIF

PonyBoy

Linebacker
Insider
Ranked in 2021, swept by Rutgers.

Ranked in 2024, lose series to Rutgers.

3-1 this week is needed. We have to snip this skid in the ass and get back on track.

Christo shouldn't see another weekend start the rest of the season.

PonyBoy

Linebacker
Insider
I'm looking at doing a comprehensive breakdown of our remaining games to see if I can figure out what's needed to host a Regional. For baseball it's difficult at the halfway point to figure it out but I'm doing my best to speculate. Hoping to have an update tomorrow around this same time.

I decided to hold off for the weekend as the loss to Kansas had my head spinning. Great news, we had a 1-3 week and our RPI improved a couple spots.

36 regular season wins and it's projected our RPI will be high enough that we're in the NCAA tournament. 38 regular season wins, which means we go 16-4 (unlikely) and we're still in deep discussions to host a Regional. 40 wins, which means we go 18-2 (UNLIKELY) the rest of the regular season and we're a lock to host. I'll do my best to update this after each week, as it matters who we win/lose to makes a difference.

"Minimum required" will fluctuate each week. Example, if we go 3-1 April 16-21 then we're +1 in Q2 games so we can afford a -1 in a different week in Q2 games. This is way more fluid than basketball simply because of the number of games scheduled in baseball (56) compared to basketball (31/32). Plus, our opponents Quad standing may be different by the time we play them.

Currently 22-10 with 20 games remaining

April 16-21 v Pickle Smoochers, Maryland x3
2-2 minimum required
All 4 games are currently Q2 & all are home games

^^ This sets the tone. I'd love a 3-1 record as that puts us +1 with 16 games remaining

24-12 hypothetical

April 23-28 v Kansas, Cockeye x3

3-1 minimum required
1 game is Q3, 3 games are Q4 & all are home games (fucking Cockeye was expected to be a Q1 team, they're currently Q4)

27-13 hypothetical

April 30-May 5 v @ Pickle Smoochers, Kansas State, @ Minnesota x3

3-2 minimum required
1 game is Q1, 1 game is Q2 & 3 games are Q3

30-15 hypothetical

May 8-12 v South Dakota State, Indiana x3

3-1 minimum required
1 game is Q4, 3 games are Q3

33-16 hypothetical

May 16-18 v @ Michigan State x3
3-0
All games are Q2

36-16 hypothetical

^^ At this point, our RPI is projected (today) to be high enough to be a lock in the NCAA. Around 22-28 is where I have our RPI with a 36-16 regular season record.

Reminder, Quads will fluctuate from week to week so I'm going to do my best to update this. It's tough AF though...

In case anyone brings up 2022 Rutgers and their 44 wins not enough to make the NCAA. They had a 44 RPI and not only that, 43 of their 59 games were played against Quad 3 (14-3) & Quad 4 teams (22-4). That's absolutely pathetic & brutal. Our 2024 schedule currently has 11 games against Q3 (6-1) and Q4 (4-0). As of today, we're scheduled to have 11 more Q3/Q4 games so it'll be a total of 22 games which is a FAR CRY from 2022 Rutgers schedule combining for 43 games against Q3 & Q4.

Alrighty, let me have it. 🙃

Last edited:

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
I decided to hold off for the weekend as the loss to Kansas had my head spinning. Great news, we had a 1-3 week and our RPI improved a couple spots.

36 regular season wins and it's projected our RPI will be high enough that we're in the NCAA tournament. 38 regular season wins, which means we go 16-4 (unlikely) and we're still in deep discussions to host a Regional. 40 wins, which means we go 18-2 (UNLIKELY) the rest of the regular season and we're a lock to host. I'll do my best to update this after each week, as it matters who we win/lose to makes a difference.

"Minimum required" will fluctuate each week. Example, if we go 3-1 April 16-21 then we're +1 in Q2 games so we can afford a -1 in a different week in Q2 games. This is way more fluid than basketball simply because of the number of games scheduled in baseball (56) compared to basketball (31/32). Plus, our opponents Quad standing may be different by the time we play them.

Currently 22-10 with 20 games remaining

April 16-21 v Pickle Smoochers, Maryland x3
2-2 minimum required
All 4 games are currently Q2 & all are home games

^^ This sets the tone. I'd love a 3-1 record as that puts us +1 with 16 games remaining

24-12 hypothetical

April 23-28 v Kansas, Cockeye x3

3-1 minimum required
1 game is Q3, 3 games are Q4 & all are home games (fucking Cockeye was expected to be a Q1 team, they're currently Q4)

27-13 hypothetical

April 30-May 5 v @ Pickle Smoochers, Kansas State, @ Minnesota x3

3-2 minimum required
1 game is Q1, 1 game is Q2 & 3 games are Q3

30-15 hypothetical

May 8-12 v South Dakota State, Indiana x3

3-1 minimum required
1 game is Q4, 3 games are Q3

33-16 hypothetical

May 16-18 v @ Michigan State x3
3-0
All games are Q2

36-16 hypothetical

^^ At this point, our RPI is projected (today) to be high enough to be a lock in the NCAA. Around 22-28 is where I have our RPI with a 36-16 regular season record.

Reminder, Quads will fluctuate from week to week so I'm going to do my best to update this. It's tough AF though...

In case anyone brings up 2022 Rutgers and their 44 wins not enough to make the NCAA. They had a 44 RPI and not only that, 43 of their 59 games were played against Quad 3 (14-3) & Quad 4 teams (22-4). That's absolutely pathetic & brutal. Our 2024 schedule currently has 11 games against Q3 (6-1) and Q4 (4-0). As of today, we're scheduled to have 11 more Q3/Q4 games so it'll be a total of 22 games which is a FAR CRY from 2022 Rutgers schedule combining for 43 games against Q3 & Q4.

Alrighty, let me have it. 🙃

^ Needs its own thread

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds