Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Official 2024 Nebraska Cardiac Beaver Slayers Baseball Thread (25-13) (15 Viewers)

Ironwardog

Linebacker
Elite Member
Bolt will never work for Alberts again.
Bolt and Turd not get along? Texas A&M actually does concern me some because he’s originally from college station i believe. I remember reading he grew up an A&M fan but they didn’t recruit him when he was playing, I think I read that a few years ago when we went down to play Arkansas and Van Horn.
Edit: I just looked it up, he’s actually from Conroe which on the map is just outside of Houston.

Last edited:

Red Finger

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
Looks like 40/50s in Evanston but there might be t-storms and rain on Saturday/Sunday

We probably don't need any more of our games to get cancelled
I've been curious about this listening in here and there. Do they ever just decide to do something like a double header today when they know there's a chance of games being cancelled over the weekend? I'm sure there's a reason, but it doesn't make sense to me if you can insure you get the games in.

herbsinator

Running Back
Elite Member
I've been curious about this listening in here and there. Do they ever just decide to do something like a double header today when they know there's a chance of games being cancelled over the weekend? I'm sure there's a reason, but it doesn't make sense to me if you can insure you get the games in.
I think they definitely will do doubleheaders if it makes sense given travel schedules etc.

Osborne1992

Linebacker
Elite Member
Yes, they do this all the time but it takes both teams to agree to it. Sometimes the crappier team makes some lame excuse because they don't want another loss. See Charleston earlier this year.

Red Finger

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG
Yes, they do this all the time but it takes both teams to agree to it. Sometimes the crappier team makes some lame excuse because they don't want another loss. See Charleston earlier this year.

Maybe that's the one I was listening to thinking "Uh, why aren't they doing a double header??". Thanks. Wasn't sure how that worked.

Ironwardog

Linebacker
Elite Member
That and it depends upon if the stadium has lights. I’m guessing they don’t have lights at NW since originally it was scheduled for a 3pm first pitch so a DH wouldn’t work today/tonight if that’s the case.

Herbie

Quarterback
That and it depends upon if the stadium has lights. I’m guessing they don’t have lights at NW since originally it was scheduled for a 3pm first pitch so a DH wouldn’t work today/tonight if that’s the case.
Quick google shows no stadium lights at northwestern. Stadium was even renovated 8 years ago and lights weren’t deemed necessary

Osborne1992

Linebacker
Elite Member
Quick google shows no stadium lights at northwestern. Stadium was even renovated 8 years ago and lights weren’t deemed necessary
Robin Williams What Year Is It GIF

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds