Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

***Official 2023 Head Coaching Hot Board*** (1 Viewer)

Cookiemonster

PIIHB
Elite Member
Monken and Chadwell, but not Campbell. What. The. Actual. Fuck.
I don’t know man. Campbell just feels like a really low ceiling hire that further pushes us towards a forever middling big ten team.

Monken is imo high ceiling but also huge floor.

Chadwell I think is like Scott frost but without being an enourmous douche and would likely be smart enough to not bring his entire staff with him.

NoHoHank

Bench Warmer
Elite Member
I don't know. Campbell is only 42, so still young enough to embrace the changes coming. He built something out of nothing -- I'm not sure if the ceiling is his or Ames's.
The ceiling is Ames’s IMO. Had conversations with some guys on his staff the past couple seasons. From what I’ve been told, he likes it there but have been told his only gripe is Pollard not having bigger aspirations and Pollard being comfortable with where the program currently stands in the top half of the Big 12.

Cookiemonster

PIIHB
Elite Member
I get what you’re saying. You hire a Campbell, you get a dude that will win a number of games, but you’re not going to get the next Saban, Urban, Dabo, etc. If you take a chance on someone, you may end up getting the next all-time great, as remote of a possibility as that might be.
This is where I’m at. Probably over thinking it. But he should not be 1a. I’m fine if we try for kiffen, meyer, other top coaches with more money than they make now and then we fail.

Then sure go get Campbell. At least we tried to be great.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
The ceiling is Ames’s IMO. Had conversations with some guys on his staff the past couple seasons. From what I’ve been told, he likes it there but have been told his only gripe is Pollard not having bigger aspirations and Pollard being comfortable with where the program currently stands in the top half of the Big 12.
I don't know why there's even any talk of ceiling. He's 42. He's a year removed from the fiesta bowl. It's not like he's had a 5 year run of 7-5/8-4 seasons.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
I don’t know man. Campbell just feels like a really low ceiling hire that further pushes us towards a forever middling big ten team.

Monken is imo high ceiling but also huge floor.

Chadwell I think is like Scott frost but without being an enourmous douche and would likely be smart enough to not bring his entire staff with him.
Chadwell has 0 years of experience in major conference football. The learning curve is huge both on the field and in recruiting. I think you'd have to believe he is an Urban Meyer caliber offensive mind to go that route.

DrinkItIn

Running Back
Elite Member
tPB OG
I don't understand the disdain for Campbell. He is one year removed from the Fiesta Bowl. Sure last year wasn't at the same level, but he still went to a bowl game...in fact he has got ISU to 5 straight bowl games.

People love Aranda, but what if he goes .500 this year? Sure he went to the Sugar Bowl last year, but that was only his second as a HC ever. I like what we know about Campbell as a HC way more than what we know about Aranda as a HC.

I think both could be very good. I just do not understand those that turn their noses up at Campbell. I think NU. would be lucky to get either. NU has to start winning again first.

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
Would folks be opposed to going to a non traditional offense? Monken has been thrown around on here quite a few times.

I don't think Monkey would run the flexbone here. Just my personal opinion. He's a top notch coach IMO.
When Monken was mentioned to me I was told he would likely adjust his offense. I still imagine option will be a part of it, but not 100% flexbone.

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
When Monken was mentioned to me I was told he would likely adjust his offense. I still imagine option will be a part of it, but not 100% flexbone.
The thing you have to wonder about Monken is does he have the connections to bring in recruiters to the staff and will he be willing to be all up in that NIL business

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
The thing you have to wonder about Monken is does he have the connections to bring in recruiters to the staff and will he be willing to be all up in that NIL business
He sure sounds like a guy Turd might look at

Recruiting is the total wildcard there.

11husker23

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
I think Turd is going to swing at some bigger names.
It seem likely this is the case. If we strike out on some bigger names I'm sure he could make a compelling pitch to some very good coaches if the big fish don't bite, but what the hell do I know.
Animated GIF

Poor_and_Stupid

Prolific Beaver Murderer
Elite Member
Let’s pretend for a second that Urban was actually interested. My biggest concern with him is that he wouldn’t have the enormous talent advantage that he’s accustomed to.

Realistically I don’t think he’d come here.

CornFed Gregger

Offensive Lineman
Elite Member
If that’s the case, the issue is money. Cockeye State has enough to pay him & his staff but their wallets are limited on everything else, possibly dead last in the big 12. Plus with NIL, they’d be happy scrounging together 1 mil

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds