Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

***Official 2023 Head Coaching Hot Board*** (1 Viewer)

ChocaEgg

Ghost of Kiev 👻
Elite Member
As far as the whole list goes...

I'd personally be happy and focus on these dudes. Everyone of them has experience at the P5 level.

1a Mike Gundy
1b. Kyle Wittingham
2. Gus Malzahn
3a. Mark Stoops
3b. Bronco Mendenhall
3c. Bryan Harsin
4. Matt Campbell
All good except Harsin and mayybe Bronco.

KidsSeeGhosts

Quarterback
Elite Member
Matt Campbell - I think this is most likely to be the guy. Has reached his ceiling at ISU, and the jobs he's been eying (ND, OSU, and Michigan) aren't coming open anytime soon. Seems to do a good job adjusting to his roster (their 3-3-5 system was build from the ground up based on roster holes and has ended up as a differentiator in the Big 12).

Dan Mullen - Supposedly doesn't love to recruit, which would give me pause, but despite that Mississippi St. is in the top 10 in terms of CFB salary cap placement. Total ball coach though and I don't think we'd get out schemed on offense.

Lake Kiffin - Has had an impressive offense his entire time at Ole Miss. Adjusts to talent well. Think he would have a pretty natural transition to how to do business in Lincoln as his emphasis on NIL/transfer portal recruiting really mirrors what we've been doing this year. Supposedly has lot of baggage with co-eds that gives a lot of ADs pause, so I don't know that Turd would pull the trigger.

Dana Holgorsen - Has always run a fun offense. Deep Texas ties. Doug Belk is a rising star, and we'd be lucky to have him on staff for a couple years assuming he wouldn't just take the Houston job. Doug Belk would also be a name to keep an eye on if we strike out on more established candidates.

Dave Clawson - What he's done with Wake has been beyond impressive and no one has been able to figure out that offense yet. Every indication is he would have no interest in being in the Lincoln fishbowl though.

Chris Peterson - Hail Mary that he would want to come back to coach college ball again.

Jamey Chadwell - Have a lot of respect for him as a program builder. Took Charleston Southern from nothing to a playoff team and overcame serious talent deficits at Coastal to build a ranked program. Coastal is toward the bottom tier of the Sun Belt in terms of talent, but has been leading that conference last two seasons and looks to do the same this year. Brains behind his system, so you're bringing that expertise. Would look like the Nebraska everyone expected from Frost.

Jim Leonard - Strike out with more established candidates, and bank on a guy who can bring the Wisconsin system/culture to Lincoln.

Jeff Lebby - Get a Briles tree guy that will score a fuck ton of points. Gigantic question mark as a first time HC.

Drue629

Safety
tPB OG
Pick'Em Champion
I'm adding Deion Sanders to the list. A little unrealistic but he already turned around Jackson st and brought in a ton of talent. We'll have to see how this year plays out but if there's one thing Deon can do its motivate players.

Last edited:

Poor_and_Stupid

Prolific Beaver Murderer
Elite Member
I bet it wouldn't take him long to get it.
I’ve been disappointed too many times put my faith in literally anyone. We can’t be forgetting that The Curse™ does in fact exist. The Curse™ would love for us to get him just so we can be trolled to even larger levels of disappointment. As if we haven’t already reached rock bottom.

Cookiemonster

PIIHB
Elite Member
I’ve been disappointed too many times put my faith in literally anyone. We can’t be forgetting that The Curse™ does in fact exist. The Curse™ would love for us to get him just so we can be trolled to even larger levels of disappointment. As if we haven’t already reached rock bottom.
The only way to end the curse is to rehire Tom O.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds