Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

***Official 2023 Head Coaching Hot Board*** (5 Viewers)

Faux Sean Callahan

Head Coach
Insider
tPB OG
Monken is a truly terrible idea. Really hope it doesn't have legs.

Let him go to KU or KSU or Ga Tech -- some program like that. We can aim a lot higher.
I would bet he is on the list, but toward the bottom.

Turd's son went to West Point, he saw them play a lot, Monken has a lot of the characteristics that Turd mentioned today and why do you think some of Army's coaches were rumored last year when we had openings? 🤔

Cookiemonster

PIIHB
Elite Member
I would bet he is on the list, but toward the bottom.

Turd's son went to West Point, he saw them play a lot, Monken has a lot of the characteristics that Turd mentioned today and why do you think some of Army's coaches were rumored last year when we had openings? 🤔
I think if he was willing to bring in the best coordinators his personality would win over husker fans. I personally would take him over Campbell.

This isn’t to bash Campbell. If he is the guy then so be it. I’ll support either way. Can’t be as bad as frost either way I would assume.

Pipe Line

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Let’s play a game since there is nothing else to do and figure out an O Line coach and if Mick buys into Monken as HC. Gimme Monken as HC, Chadwell as OC.

OLine coach- ??? Open check book

Does Mick stick around? I would say yes, as long as it’s communicated that the offense would be more coastal Carolina and less army, so receiver are more involved. Who is our pick for O Line coach?

BluesBucksNHuskers

Running Back
Elite Member
Let’s pretend for a second that Urban was actually interested. My biggest concern with him is that he wouldn’t have the enormous talent advantage that he’s accustomed to.

Realistically I don’t think he’d come here.

Urbs not going to have any issue getting talent anywhere. He’s a top 5 college coach of all time and sent hundreds of kids to the NFL, on top of that he’s an incredible recruiter. Talent will go wherever he is.

If the stars aligned and we were able to hire Urban in the next 4 weeks, we’d have a top 5 recruiting class by early signing day.

Poor_and_Stupid

Prolific Beaver Murderer
Elite Member
Urbs not going to have any issue getting talent anywhere. He’s a top 5 college coach of all time and sent hundreds of kids to the NFL, on top of that he’s an incredible recruiter. Talent will go wherever he is.
I agree that we would recruit better, but I doubt we are getting Ohio State level recruiting ever. Building real depth would take years as well. Would he be able to win right away and build momentum? His history says yes, but The Curse™ will have other plans.

slattimer

Quarterback
Insider
GIF Master
tPB OG
List of names I think are good coaches and mostly realistic. A few off the wall, like Butch - but went through Saban Rehab.

Unrealistic - Homerun, ZFG about the PR nightmare
Urban Meyer - One of the goats
Art Briles - one of the best coaches out there, lots of baggage, I give zero fucks about

Realistic - maybe - throw a bunch of $$$ on that
Guz Malzahn - I think he's a fantastic offensive mind and a winner, ran a big time program before
Dava Aranda - extremely popular name, I think he'd be good - not as much experience
Mike Gundy - experienced, proven winner, he gives zero fucks, hires great assistants, assistants get poached, they're still good
Matt Campbell - Experienced for the most part, probably at his ceiling at Cockeye State.
Greg Schiano - Fantastic coach, defensive minded, lots of baggage as well
Kyle Wittingham - Would be an incredible hire IMO. Teams have an identity
Mark Stoops - Would be a good hire IMO, good football coach, Bo would probably tell him to stay the fuck away

Other names
Bronco Mendenhall - Took a sabbatical from coaching at Virginia, but I've always held this guy in high regard.
Lance Leipold - Winner, making chicken shit look not so much like chicken shit
Chris Kleiman
Butch Jones - Went through Saban rehab, I think he'll eventually get another bigger time job offer and do well.
David Shaw - Good coach, ready for a change in scenery? RTB guys would love this fucker
Bryan Harsin - He's been around for awhile and did great work at Boise after C.P. left, also was a good OC for Texas back in the day. Bad fit at Auburn, but I think he'd be a good fit here personally.

ChocaEgg

Ghost of Kiev 👻
Elite Member
List of names I think are good coaches and mostly realistic. A few off the wall, like Butch - but went through Saban Rehab.

Art Briles - one of the best coaches out there, lots of baggage, I give zero fucks about

Guz Malzahn - I think he's a fantastic offensive mind and a winner, ran a big time program before
Dava Aranda - extremely popular name, I think he'd be good - not as much experience
Mike Gundy - experienced, proven winner, he gives zero fucks, hires great assistants, assistants get poached, they're still good
Matt Campbell - Experienced for the most part, probably at his ceiling at Cockeyes State.
Mark Stoops - Would be a good hire IMO, good football coach, Bo would probably tell him to stay the fuck away

Other names
Bronco Mendenhall - Took a sabbatical from coaching at Virginia, but I've always held this guy in high regard.
Chris Kleiman
Butch Jones - Went through Saban rehab, I think he'll eventually get another bigger time job offer and do well.
David Shaw - Good coach, ready for a change in scenery? RTB guys would love this fucker
Bryan Harsin - He's been around for awhile and did great work at Boise after C.P. left, also was a good OC for Texas back in the day. Bad fit at Auburn, but I think he'd be a good fit here personally.
Fuck, I forgot about Malzahn. He would be a good fit for us IMO.

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
His offenses are great when he has the running QB going. Dude's offenses always move the ball. His mistake at Auburn was when he tried to throw the ball too much.

slattimer

Quarterback
Insider
GIF Master
tPB OG

Matt Campbell - Experienced for the most part, probably at his ceiling at Cockeyes State.

Other names
Chris Kleiman
As far as the whole list goes...

I'd personally be happy and focus on these dudes. Everyone of them has experience at the P5 level.

1a Mike Gundy
1b. Kyle Wittingham
2. Gus Malzahn
3a. Mark Stoops
3b. Bronco Mendenhall
3c. Bryan Harsin
4. Matt Campbell

11husker23

Wide Receiver
Elite Member

I'd personally be happy and focus on these dudes. Everyone of them has experience at the P5 level.

1a Mike Gundy
1b. Kyle Wittingham
2. Gus Malzahn
3a. Mark Stoops
3b. Bronco Mendenhall
3c. Bryan Harsin
4. Matt Campbell
Gundy or Wittingham would be top notch. Both those guys have been consistently good for quite some time. Would be worth asking to see if either was looking for another opportunity.

KidsSeeGhosts

Quarterback
Elite Member

1a Mike Gundy
1b. Kyle Wittingham
2. Gus Malzahn
3a. Mark Stoops
3b. Bronco Mendenhall
3c. Bryan Harsin
4. Matt Campbell
I'm going to be very surprised if a guy like Gundy, Wittingham, or Stoops comes to NU. I just can't see one of those guys moving for anything less than a short-term path to a national title contender. Mendenhall is an interesting one. Consistently solid at BYU and UVA, but end of his time at UVA gives a little pause. I would take Campbell over him. I think Harsin is a better fit at NU than Auburn, but he's been a train wreck there.

Cookiemonster

PIIHB
Elite Member
Gundy or Wittingham would be top notch. Both those guys have been consistently good for quite some time. Would be worth asking to see if either was looking for another opportunity.
The more I look at the large picture Gundy or Wittingham should be the guys out of realistic possibilities.

They’d pry be here 5-7 years max. But could take us from an F team to a B level team at worst.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds