Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

***Official 2023 Head Coaching Hot Board*** (3 Viewers)

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
Like it was said earlier, I think targeting the best coaches that aren't in the Big 10 and SEC is the way to go. They are at schools who's futures are unknown as far as conference alignment and whether they will get left behind or not.

Most of those names have been said.

I'm gonna throw one out that I didn't see that I really like: Jeff Hafley

He did a really really good job at Ohio St as the DC. And has done a really nice job at BC. Specifically he and his staff are known to identify good talent early.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
Like it was said earlier, I think targeting the best coaches that aren't in the Big 10 and SEC is the way to go. They are at schools who's futures are unknown as far as conference alignment and whether they will get left behind or not.

Most of those names have been said.

I'm gonna throw one out that I didn't see that I really like: Jeff Hafley

He did a really really good job at Ohio St as the DC. And has done a really nice job at BC. Specifically he and his staff are known to identify good talent early.
I think Hafley looks like a reach right now. He hasn’t did enough at BC.

David Webb

JCTJB
Elite Member
Dear Turd:

Throw all your weight at Aranda.

Retain Mickey and Fischer for continuity.

Next: Treat Frost, Davison and the tradition coalition as the pariahs that they are. They have absolutely steered the ship into iceberg after iceberg. Their opinions shouldn't be treated as valid any longer. Exile is appropriate. The firing of Frost should be as terse as possible. He does not deserve some sorrowful send off where we lament the "native son" who gave his heart and soul to the program. Fuck that. Throw him under the bus and let him go cry with his stolen millions as his only comfort.
You want the TC out of decision making, but you want the AD to clip the new coaches’s nuts by making him keep two coaches he may or may not want?

Fargo Husker

Quarterback
Elite Member
This is so true and honestly probably the best thing we have going for us right now. My friend was arguing with me yesterday about how Aranda would never consider leaving Baylor for Nebraska, but I think coaches at schools like Baylor see the writing on the wall as far as conference consolidation goes and will look hard at any opportunities to coach a program in what will soon be a Power 2 conference.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
You want the TC out of decision making, but you want the AD to clip the new coaches’s nuts by making him keep two coaches he may or may not want?
Let Turd make the decision and hope he hires the right coach. The new coach can keep or fire whoever he wants. If Turd wants to meddle and be like Eichorst with the new coach he needs fired too.

Cash68847

Offensive Coordinator
Elite Member
tPB OG
This is so true and honestly probably the best thing we have going for us right now. My friend was arguing with me yesterday about how Aranda would never consider leaving Baylor for Nebraska, but I think coaches at schools like Baylor see the writing on the wall as far as conference consolidation goes and will look hard at any opportunities to coach a program in what will soon be a Power 2 conference.
The only thing that could counter this thinking is a guy like Aranda can still get 4-5 million at Baylor a year and not have the expectations and the issue of going through a gauntlet schedule wise in the BIG. You’re still making a ton of money and are set up for life either way. Most coaches do have an ego and want to compete against the best of the best though.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
Let Turd make the decision and hope he hires the right coach. The new coach can keep or fire whoever he wants. If Turd wants to meddle and be like Eichorst with the new coach he needs fired too.
Yeah. The best managers stay the fuck out of the way because they hire good people. Obviously they give input and ideas but telling anyone they have to retain someone is dumb. I think Mickey has a good chance of being retained because he seems like a relatively high level coach and recruiter (historically, not yesterday on coaching). Fish is gone though. The SEC has been sniffing around him enough lately that it's only a matter of time unless his unit is as bad as it was yesterday all season

Cookiemonster

PIIHB
Elite Member
I could get behind BOB. He was generally a solid coach at penn state. I think he has done a good job as bama. It can’t be worst than hcsf

doublewing

Running Back
Aranda is at the top of my list. I think he'd be a good fit in the B10, a culture fit in a place like Lincoln, and he's drama free.

Kiffen - I like the guy but I think he'll have way better options than NU and will be looking to jump as soon as he has the opportunity. That and he's got a good job now.

O'Brien and Malzahn - not great, not bad.

Urban Meyer - this is not a serious candidate, for NU or any other P5. No major university hires this guy with his track record. He leaves a path of destruction and PR issues wherever he goes. It's a cool message board idea to think that a school would hire him based on his ability to win, but for a major hire at a University there is much more scrutiny than that.

ThomOsborneMD

NFL PICKEM CHAMP
Elite Member
tPB OG
Not a bad choice, especially for a B10 program. If he we somehow ended up with him I wouldn't be disappointed. He's good at all of the fundamental things NU does poorly under Frost.
He’s about as good as we can do. Most of the names itt are pipe dreams

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds