Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

October recruiting thread (3 Viewers)

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
they are just speculating right now but it is a huge concern behind the scenes with the coaches & boosters. Any time you get the family & his agent involved it can get dicey. He'd get quite a bit of NIL coin if he hit the open market. They have no idea what he might be looking for moneywise if he hit the Portal. I've had Sciatica before and it sucks. Felt like lightning was striking running down my leg. It's to the point that they are considering outside Chiropractic help. Not that it matters because my KU people want to keep him but I've been mentioning Rhule stressing recovery and the new facilities at Nebraska. I'd love to have Daniels from KU, and I'd also like to poach their O Line Coach
Now what I'm hearing is like a $500k floor with some upside on Chiro/PT endorsements

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Now what I'm hearing is like a $500k floor with some upside on Chiro/PT endorsements
I like the way you are thinking. I've been chirping at my KU connections stressing how great our rehab, medical & science Lab are. Definitely could benefit Daniels but they aren't having any of it. Zero chance they say anything to him because they want to keep him. Beane is a SR so if Daniels leaves they could be in a world of hurt at QB unless they pull someone in from the portal. Daniels and his family are not overly happy with Lance Leipold either. Sounds like not all of the KU players are fans of LL.

Alcaus

Quarterback
Elite Member
tPB OG
Sounds like not all of the KU players are fans of LL.
You mean LL is actually a huge doosh?

Will Ferrell Elf GIF by filmeditor

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
I like the way you are thinking. I've been chirping at my KU connections stressing how great our rehab, medical & science Lab are. Definitely could benefit Daniels but they aren't having any of it. Zero chance they say anything to him because they want to keep him. Beane is a SR so if Daniels leaves they could be in a world of hurt at QB unless they pull someone in from the portal. Daniels and his family are not overly happy with Lance Leipold either. Sounds like not all of the KU players are fans of LL.
We can have a platinum board fundraiser where every dollar spent on select hookers and blow gives 50 cents to the Jalen Daniels Make Nebraska Not Fucking Awful At Football NIL fund

AleksMarićEnjoyer

Center from Sydney
Elite Member
Daniels and his family are not overly happy with Lance Leipold either. Sounds like not all of the KU players are fans of LL.
A little surprised at this comment. Outside of some players that may have been processed after last season, no one of significance transferred out.

I flew in for the KU vs. UCF game last weekend. It's incredible what LL has done. I didn't go to a single game during my undergrad at KU. . . They only won five games under the David Beaty regime during my four years there.

JerryBones5

Safety
Elite Member
Pick'Em Champion
I know the person who has been contacted to work on his Sciatica issue. Lots of concern behind the scenes at KU about him leaving after this season. His family and agent disagree with the direction of the rehab care he is receiving. My KU connections think the tell will be if he plays more than 4 games. So far he has played 3 games so if he stays below 4 he can redshirt leaving him with 2 years of eligibility at a new school.
@MtnHusker stays bringing the goods.

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
A little surprised at this comment. Outside of some players that may have been processed after last season, no one of significance transferred out.

I flew in for the KU vs. UCF game last weekend. It's incredible what LL has done. I didn't go to a single game during my undergrad at KU. . . They only won five games under the David Beaty regime during my four years there.
LL's got some Bo Pelini temper tantrums to him, especially with how he has worked the refs. Got a relative who is on staff with the football team telling us LL has been better this season but the previous seasons all he did during the games was yell at the refs. Said it was embarrassing. He'd literally call a timeout just so he could yell at the refs during the whole timeout. He said that he has toned it down a bit this year but still has his embarrassing moments. I'm guessing Goff addressed that with him. Our resident football official on this board shared that LL was the least liked coach by the Big 12 refs. Can understand why.

They've looked like a well coached team under LL but still have a 13-18 overall record and are only 6-15 in conference with both season being a losing season. Maybe they will close strong this season to get to 500 or above. Last year they closed out by losing 7 of their last 8 games. Jalon Daniels is the real deal and LL got lucky inheriting him. Frost didn't leave Rhule any Jalon Daniels on the roster. Also benefitted from having a great 1,000 yard 4 Star RB like Neal growing up in Lawrence a Jayhawk fan. If KU can keep Daniels they should have a very strong team next season as Les Miles left him a ton of talent that will be returning starting SR's next season.

nja13

2x All-state FG/PAT holder
Elite Member
I've been chirping at my KU connections stressing how great our rehab, medical & science Lab are. Definitely could benefit Daniels but they aren't having any of it. Zero chance they say anything to him because they want to keep him.
Hmm.

You're saying your master plan of having your buddies who are big Kansas fans help recruit their star quarterback to Nebraska is falling through?

Puzzling development.

;)

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
LL's got some Bo Pelini temper tantrums to him, especially with how he has worked the refs. Got a relative who is on staff with the football team telling us LL has been better this season but the previous seasons all he did during the games was yell at the refs. Said it was embarrassing. He'd literally call a timeout just so he could yell at the refs during the whole timeout. He said that he has toned it down a bit this year but still has his embarrassing moments. I'm guessing Goff addressed that with him. Our resident football official on this board shared that LL was the least liked coach by the Big 12 refs. Can understand why.

They've looked like a well coached team under LL but still have a 13-18 overall record and are only 6-15 in conference with both season being a losing season. Maybe they will close strong this season to get to 500 or above. Last year they closed out by losing 7 of their last 8 games. Jalon Daniels is the real deal and LL got lucky inheriting him. Frost didn't leave Rhule any Jalon Daniels on the roster. Also benefitted from having a great 1,000 yard 4 Star RB like Neal growing up in Lawrence a Jayhawk fan. If KU can keep Daniels they should have a very strong team next season as Les Miles left him a ton of talent that will be returning starting SR's next season.
6-15 in conference has to be the best record for Kansas other than Mangino?

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
6-15 in conference has to be the best record for Kansas other than Mangino?
In the 90's Glenn Mason had them ranked a few times. He was 25-38-1 over 9 seasons so much better in conference win percentage. Gill, Beatty, Terry Allen, Miles & Weiss were all driving the struggle bus. My brother was on Mason's staff and he was a total baby. Got pissed off before their big Commitment Announcement TV show and stormed off of the set. Luckily recruiting coordinator was there and he filled in. I knew a ton of the players who played for Mason and I'll just say that many of them were not impressed with him as a person. Not as hated by the players as much as Mangino or Gill but not too far behind. Was not liked by most of the players like Allen, Miles or Beatty were. Mason was a solid coach who got very lucky with some big time players like Dana Stubblefield, Gilbert Brown, Chris Mamalonga and Keith Loneker.

Jim14510

GOD MOD
Admin
Elite Member
tPB OG
In the 90's Glenn Mason had them ranked a few times. He was 25-38-1 over 9 seasons so much better in conference win percentage. Gill, Beatty, Terry Allen, Miles & Weiss were all driving the struggle bus. My brother was on Mason's staff and he was a total baby. Got pissed off before their big Commitment Announcement TV show and stormed off of the set. Luckily recruiting coordinator was there and he filled in. I knew a ton of the players who played for Mason and I'll just say that many of them were not impressed with him as a person. Not as hated by the players as much as Mangino or Gill but not too far behind. Was not liked by most of the players like Allen, Miles or Beatty were. Mason was a solid coach who got very lucky with some big time players like Dana Stubblefield, Gilbert Brown, Chris Mamalonga and Keith Loneker.
Sounds like a pattern that the only decent coaches they get are huge dickheads.

Chi7397

Cornerback
Elite Member

I think they were legit good in like 95 maybe? Maybe even ranked when we played them

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds