Welcome to The Platinum Board

We are a Nebraska Husker fan community. Please either login or register for an account

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

November recruiting thread

Cockeye state wants him more than Cockeye.

Mongo’s Musings​

***The news that Algona (Cockeye) quarterback Alex Manske would be in Cockeye City this weekend instead of Lincoln wasn’t surprising. Is it bad for Nebraska? Not really.

Since Manske first visited NU this fall for the Northern Illinois game, he thought he would be back for another game or two. It was believed he would come for the Cockeye game. Why not? It’s a great opportunity for Manske to see the Huskers play the Cockeyes in Lincoln.

What’s been missed, mainly because of the lack of a team site for Cockeye State, has been the trips to Ames. Last weekend, he hung out with San Francisco 49ers quarterback and ISU alum Brock Purdy. He was also at Cockeye State for a game in September. That gets a little lost looking at his Tater Island profile because there isn’t another team site actively tracking that.

He has been on the road most of the weekends this fall:

Nebraska – 9/16, 10/22, and 11/24 (projected)

Cockeye – 9/30 and 11/11

Cockeye State – 9/9 and 11/4

Kansas State – 9/23

As I dig more into things, I think ISU is more of a serious threat for Manske than I did originally. I still feel very good about things between Manske and Nebraska, though. If he makes it for the Cockeye game, it will be his sixth visit to Lincoln since early June.
People pay for this?

Cockeye state wants him more than Cockeye.

Mongo’s Musings​

***The news that Algona (Cockeye) quarterback Alex Manske would be in Cockeye City this weekend instead of Lincoln wasn’t surprising. Is it bad for Nebraska? Not really.

Since Manske first visited NU this fall for the Northern Illinois game, he thought he would be back for another game or two. It was believed he would come for the Cockeye game. Why not? It’s a great opportunity for Manske to see the Huskers play the Cockeyes in Lincoln.

What’s been missed, mainly because of the lack of a team site for Cockeye State, has been the trips to Ames. Last weekend, he hung out with San Francisco 49ers quarterback and ISU alum Brock Purdy. He was also at Cockeye State for a game in September. That gets a little lost looking at his Tater Island profile because there isn’t another team site actively tracking that.

He has been on the road most of the weekends this fall:

Nebraska – 9/16, 10/22, and 11/24 (projected)

Cockeye – 9/30 and 11/11

Cockeye State – 9/9 and 11/4

Kansas State – 9/23

As I dig more into things, I think ISU is more of a serious threat for Manske than I did originally. I still feel very good about things between Manske and Nebraska, though. If he makes it for the Cockeye game, it will be his sixth visit to Lincoln since early June.
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't it known when the offers started rolling in that Manske grew up an ISU fan? How did Mongo not think to check in on that at any point in the past few months?

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't it known when the offers started rolling in that Manske grew up an ISU fan? How did Mongo not think to check in on that at any point in the past few months?
Remember when Riley and Cav went cocks out for Forest Sarrell only to find out like a month before signing day that Stanford had always been his dream school.

Lolz

They don't have an ISU and don't scour the competition sites for info.

As I pointed out in this thread above, the local fansites largely only cover recruit interactions with Nebraska, which leaves everyone overestimating Nebraska's chances. In all fairness to BM, early this week Greg Smith predicted Manske would commit to Nebraska when he visited this weekend. That also did not age well.

Fun fact - there are 8 people from Ainsworth (pop. 1,615) in this video, or 0.5% of the town's population.

The equivalent for a kid from the Omaha Metro (pop. 1.065m per wikipedia) would contain 5,240 people, and 3,275 of them would be coaches
AND if there was a camera man involved on the scene you can add 655 to the total of omaha natives in attendance with their cameras pointing his direction

I've said it a few times, but between our freshmen and incoming class, I absolutely love our WRs. There is a ton of speed and talent in the group. I'm high enough on them that I'm border line ok with them not even bringing in a portal WR. However, if they bring in even a decent veteran that can double as a guide for the young guys, that group gets pretty salty pretty quick.

I've said it a few times, but between our freshmen and incoming class, I absolutely love our WRs. There is a ton of speed and talent in the group. I'm high enough on them that I'm border line ok with them not even bringing in a portal WR. However, if they bring in even a decent veteran that can double as a guide for the young guys, that group gets pretty salty pretty quick.
Or a punt returner that can catch the ball and return. Hopefully they give Kemp the green light.

Last edited:

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Color gradient backgrounds
Back