Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Not counting this Raolia recruitment, but which one was your favorite? (1 Viewer)

Which recruitment story was your favorite?

• Wandale Robinson

Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Calob Tanner

Votes: 11 52.4%

• Total voters

Frogsker30

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
Jaiden Francois crying and running in and out of the gym in Miami after about a half dozen commits & decommits will always have a special place in my heart.
Blaming Spider-Man GIF

doublewing

Running Back
I'll be the old guy and talk about the pre-internet days. Emmitt Smith wore his Nebraska gear to the signing day press conference and picked Florida. Truly a pioneer in the trolling on signing day.

As a kid I read about it in the paper the day after it happened in our sod hut on the prairie.

Cornicator

Cornerback
Insider
Another great one. The Bo break down and burn out story was classic.

The Bo burnout story is a work of fiction.

He did however scream at Bubba, his family, and even someone from the Royals on the phone, more than once. But the portion about the burnout and exit of the Starling property is false for a few reasons:

1. Where the Starling's used to live is in a rural area. No neighbor could've seen or heard anything at the time because the nearest neighbor lived more than two football fields away from the house.

2. Bo was in Lincoln the night of the alleged "incident."

But Bo did act like a 12 year-old on the phone when Bubba told him he was going to sign with the Royals.

FWIW, I've always felt like Starling did the right thing for his future by taking the money. Its a no brainer. But, he was always a much better football player than Baseball player. He had Haarberg's size with Eric Crouch's speed and agility. And while he wasn't a great passer, he could throw a 70 yard laser into a trash can or net anywhere on the field. Kid's vertical accuracy was tremendous. He would've looked great with players like Kenny Bell.

Ext. 55

Big Poppa
Elite Member
tPB OG

He did however scream at Bubba, his family, and even someone from the Royals on the phone, more than once. But the portion about the burnout and exit of the Starling property is false for a few reasons:

1. Where the Starling's used to live is in a rural area. No neighbor could've seen or heard anything at the time because the nearest neighbor lived more than two football fields away from the house.

But Bo did act like a 12 year-old on the phone when Bubba told him he was going to sign with the Royals.

FWIW, I've always felt like Starling did the right thing for his future by taking the money. Its a no brainer. But, he was always a much better football player than Baseball player. He had Haarberg's size with Eric Crouch's speed and agility. And while he wasn't a great passer, he could throw a 70 yard laser into a trash can or net anywhere on the field. Kid's vertical accuracy was tremendous. He would've looked great with players like Kenny Bell.
I think he did the right thing too for his career.

...and stop being a buzzkill on my fun fantasy stories man. That story, regardless of it being true, is a classic!!!

:)

stonesak

Wave goodbye now, it's time for you to go

giphy (13).gif

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds