Welcome to the forum 👋, Visitor

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Breaking Niko Cooper to the Portal

Haha, that's why they're at IWCC although I still doubt the validity that the whole staff thinks that and on what basis?

Held is not a problem 😆

Held’s juco track record and his love affair with Jeff Sims is pretty well documented. All the while IWCC keeps sending kids to every other P5 conference that contribute. One of them will get drafted in the first round this year and absolutely dominated our 5th year senior captain.

Held has shown the willingness to take chances on kids from the Jayhawk but won’t even make the high level P5 kids from IWCC a priority.

Frost had Dominick Watt placed at IWCC. He told Held to take care of the rest of it. Held went behind Frost’s back and sent him to Garden City. Frost had to personally apologize and Held got reprimanded.

RB is the easiest position to coach at the college level and currently Held isn’t showing he can do it. When your QB has to be your best runner you should probably ask your RB coach why.

Held’s juco track record and his love affair with Jeff Sims is pretty well documented. All the while IWCC keeps sending kids to every other P5 conference that contribute. One of them will get drafted in the first round this year and absolutely dominated our 5th year senior captain.

Held has shown the willingness to take chances on kids from the Jayhawk but won’t even make the high level P5 kids from IWCC a priority.

Frost had Dominick Watt placed at IWCC. He told Held to take care of the rest of it. Held went behind Frost’s back and sent him to Garden City. Frost had to personally apologize and Held got reprimanded.

RB is the easiest position to coach at the college level and currently Held isn’t showing he can do it. When your QB has to be your best runner you should probably ask your RB coach why.
You may be completely right, but it seems like IWCC has an issue with whoever the coach is at Nebraska, no matter what. Very on-brand for an Omaha metro area school if we’re being honest.

You may be completely right, but it seems like Nebraska has an issue with IWCC. Very on-brand for a school that’s still trying to win more games than they lose for the first time in half a decade.

Fixed it for you.
There is zero excuse to have missed 100% of the talent that has come out of IWCC. Stromeier wants to send kids here and he doesn’t like Ferentz at all. He’d rather send kids here. I know several people who have heard him say it point blank.

This kid was ours. All Held had to do was actually show him that he was a priority. We miss on a kid like this that was all but committed here until Held started ghosting him and we took Keem Green basically sight unseen from a Kansas juco. Think about how much sense this makes.

Fixed it for you.
There is zero excuse to have missed 100% of the talent that has come out of IWCC. Stromeier wants to send kids here and he doesn’t like Ferentz at all. He’d rather send kids here. I know several people who have heard him say it point blank.

This kid was ours. All Held had to do was actually show him that he was a priority. We miss on a kid like this that was all but committed here until Held started ghosting him and we took Keem Green basically sight unseen from a Kansas juco. Think about how much sense this makes.
Not sure I believe you on all of this; you seem like you have 100% of one side of the story.

I find it hard to believe that Winfrey was ours, yet he committed to Oklahoma just days after visiting there, within two weeks of visiting Nebraska. You’re telling us that Winfrey would’ve preferred to come to Nebraska over Oklahoma? Doubt it.

You’re probably right that Held shares some blame here, but it seems like no matter who the Nebraska coach is, IWCC staff has a problem with them. Reminds me of the old saying “if you ran into an asshole today, then that person was an asshole. If all you run into are assholes all day, then you’re the asshole.”

Not sure I believe you on all of this; you seem like you have 100% of one side of the story.

I find it hard to believe that Winfrey was ours, yet he committed to Oklahoma just days after visiting there, within two weeks of visiting Nebraska. You’re telling us that Winfrey would’ve preferred to come to Nebraska over Oklahoma? Doubt it.

You’re probably right that Held shares some blame here, but it seems like no matter who the Nebraska coach is, IWCC staff has a problem with them. Reminds me of the old saying “if you ran into an asshole today, then that person was an asshole. If all you run into are assholes all day, then you’re the asshole.”

1) Yes. I’m telling you that Winfrey wanted to be here. Held ghosted him. That’s straight from his DL coach. In the same conversation I was told that Frost and staff are almost completely obsessed with measurables now. Is that good or bad? We will find out.

2) You’ve got it backwards dude. I’m not saying that any staff should/should have live(d) at IWCC. That’s silly. However, is there a reason we’ve missed on 100% of the talent that has come out of IWCC? Negligence is the only one I can find. Three kids from that school have directly cost us games and tens of others could have helped us.

3) Two of the staffs that IWCC wasn’t impressed with got their asses fired. Iwcc continues to operate as a title contender every year. Maybe they have been justified in their thinking previously? They’re two for two and they’re less than impressed with Held. Maybe there’s something to it there.

Held would rather go throw bones to his buddies in the Jayhawk conference where he’ll take players sight unseen from those coaches than spend time recruiting IWCC. His actions on the trail are in line with that statement.

1) Yes. I’m telling you that Winfrey wanted to be here. Held ghosted him. That’s straight from his DL coach. In the same conversation I was told that Frost and staff are almost completely obsessed with measurables now. Is that good or bad? We will find out.

2) You’ve got it backwards dude. I’m not saying that any staff should/should have live(d) at IWCC. That’s silly. However, is there a reason we’ve missed on 100% of the talent that has come out of IWCC? Negligence is the only one I can find. Three kids from that school have directly cost us games and tens of others could have helped us.

3) Two of the staffs that IWCC wasn’t impressed with got their asses fired. Iwcc continues to operate as a title contender every year. Maybe they have been justified in their thinking previously? They’re two for two and they’re less than impressed with Held. Maybe there’s something to it there.

Held would rather go throw bones to his buddies in the Jayhawk conference where he’ll take players sight unseen from those coaches than spend time recruiting IWCC. His actions on the trail are in line with that statement.
Why hasn’t Frost made Held move on like he did with his other dead weight? It seems like it’s a Frost issue as much as anything. He has to see it.

Why hasn’t Frost made Held move on like he did with his other dead weight? It seems like it’s a Frost issue as much as anything. He has to see it.
Don’t kill me for saying the cliche statement, but I’m going to assume there’s a 90s Nebraska and staff continuity factor there

have we moved on from thinking Mario is dead weight?

fundamentally, something is wrong with this staff. IDK what the issue is, but there’s really no reason to give anything the benefit of the doubt at this point.

fundamentally, something is wrong with this staff. IDK what the issue is, but there’s really no reason to give anything the benefit of the doubt at this point.
For me, it always come back to "what's the probability that Frost assembled a Big Ten title caliber staff on a UCF budget?" And the answer is probably very near zero

If Held gets processed will Frost put Ron Brown at RB?

For me, it always come back to "what's the probability that Frost assembled a Big Ten title caliber staff on a UCF budget?" And the answer is probably very near zero

i agree with this, but then the problem is that he’s paying the staff Big 10 money now. I have no issue with him bringing everyone to Lincoln coming off a good season at UCF, but after three years, maybe more change is needed? His decision - I don’t think an AD should interfere in assistant coaches - but neither Frost nor his staff has shown much to be impressed about, across the board, to date.

I hope this is a joke - I would lose all (remaining) hope if this is the move.
It’s pretty obvious Frost wants Brown around

so I’m not sure why you’d think it’s a joke

I agree. It was more of a rhetorical question. I’ll be surprised if Frost gets it done. The assistants seem to always get the blame, but Frost gets the free pass. Like the prior head coaches it starts and ends with him. Even his mouthpiece Sipple wrote and article recently the grace period is over. It’s time to win some games.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Picture grid mode

You can control the structure where you can open/close images in the grid forum list.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

Close radius

You can use the radius at the corners of the blocks according to your taste by closing/opening it.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Backgrounds are not available!

Background checks are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Back