Welcome to the forum 👋, Visitor

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Breaking Niko Cooper to the Portal

Sean said over on RSS that he’s the guy that he told the story about in TT a while back that bitched out a veteran walk on player holding him accountable for missing a workout and making the whole team do extra work....don’t think he’ll be missed

Sean said over on RSS that he’s the guy that he told the story about in TT a while back that bitched out a veteran walk on player holding him accountable for missing a workout and making the whole team do extra work....don’t think he’ll be missed
I see Ryan Held's juco connections are paying off

It’s nice to see the culture taking shape. The wins will start piling up soon.

It’s nice to see the culture taking shape. The wins will start piling up soon.
I honestly blame players more. Granted, coaches gotta get kids who aren’t ass hats. But players can’t be ass hats either. Organizations don’t care what your name is in the NFL. Organizations will cut your ass for doing the same. Dwayne Haskins is a prime example

I honestly blame players more. Granted, coaches gotta get kids who aren’t ass hats. But players can’t be ass hats either. Organizations don’t care what your name is in the NFL. Organizations will cut your ass for doing the same. Dwayne Haskins is a prime example
Is Frost recruiting the right type of players? He always said he recruits the kids with the best character, but why are so many flaking out?

Is Frost recruiting the right type of players? He always said he recruits the kids with the best character, but why are so many flaking out?
I honestly just blame this generation as a whole. All schools deal with it, but it obviously looks worse when you lose a lot.

little story, I’m 28 so I’m not THAT MUCH older than these kids. One of my best friends is an assistant coach at the high school we all played baseball at. He’s 2 years younger than me but I played with his older brother. Anyway, hate to be that guy but when we played, we won multiple state championships and had a stellar culture. This was only 2010-2011. Respect for coaches, team mates, accountability, hard work, you name it. Sooooooo 2 summers now ago, we were bored on a Sunday and just decided that a few of us would go up to the field and play a little pickup game before they had a game that evening. My friend/their coach was with us. So team starts to show up, starts to go through warm ups and us older guys back off but are asked to just stick around and hang out. Head coach and main assistants are the same now as they were then, stability concept. We’re all still cool so we stuck around and BSed for a little bit. Tbis baseball program hasn’t won a state title since we’d been there. It was a little drop off in talent after we left, but it’s very evident that just the attitude and culture has changed greatly since we’ve been gone and it’s strictly the players actions. They simply don’t care as much as we did. They called all the coaches by their first names, not “coach” or anything respectful, clearly didn’t give a shit taking ground balls, some didn’t even show up with hats on or had them backwards, whatever. One kid stopped during warm ups, walked over and grabbed his phone, brought it back out to ground balls, and just sat there on it. My buddy tried to discipline a kid who was a few minutes late and the kid said “yeah whatever Sam” back to him. He’s a COACH. Shit wouldn’t have flown even 5 years ago there. Me and my best friend were shocked. He was a high profile pitcher at Pickle Smoochers from like 2011-2015, so he’s seen good programs.

I blame these younger generations

I honestly just blame this generation as a whole. All schools deal with it, but it obviously looks worse when you lose a lot.

little story, I’m 28 so I’m not THAT MUCH older than these kids. One of my best friends is an assistant coach at the high school we all played baseball at. He’s 2 years younger than me but I played with his older brother. Anyway, hate to be that guy but when we played, we won multiple state championships and had a stellar culture. This was only 2010-2011. Respect for coaches, team mates, accountability, hard work, you name it. Sooooooo 2 summers now ago, we were bored on a Sunday and just decided that a few of us would go up to the field and play a little pickup game before they had a game that evening. My friend/their coach was with us. So team starts to show up, starts to go through warm ups and us older guys back off but are asked to just stick around and hang out. Head coach and main assistants are the same now as they were then, stability concept. We’re all still cool so we stuck around and BSed for a little bit. Tbis baseball program hasn’t won a state title since we’d been there. It was a little drop off in talent after we left, but it’s very evident that just the attitude and culture has changed greatly since we’ve been gone and it’s strictly the players actions. They simply don’t care as much as we did. They called all the coaches by their first names, not “coach” or anything respectful, clearly didn’t give a shit taking ground balls, some didn’t even show up with hats on or had them backwards, whatever. One kid stopped during warm ups, walked over and grabbed his phone, brought it back out to ground balls, and just sat there on it. My buddy tried to discipline a kid who was a few minutes late and the kid said “yeah whatever Sam” back to him. He’s a COACH. Shit wouldn’t have flown even 5 years ago there. Me and my best friend were shocked. He was a high profile pitcher at Pickle Smoochers from like 2011-2015, so he’s seen good programs.

I blame these younger generations
I would actually be more concerned if it was another offensive guy. I’m not a big Chinander fan, but we know his guys want to play for him. That says a lot.

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Picture grid mode

You can control the structure where you can open/close images in the grid forum list.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

Close radius

You can use the radius at the corners of the blocks according to your taste by closing/opening it.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Backgrounds are not available!

Background checks are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Back