Welcome to the forum 👋, Visitor

To access the forum content and all our services, you must register or log in to the forum. Becoming a member of the forum is completely free.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

New cheaper membership option

Damn you are fast too

@oldred would blush

giphy.gif

Thanks man. I don't want to lose anyone either though. I feel like @Baron Winnebago and @David Webb are against it. Just the vibe I get
“I don’t want to lose anyone”

Please allow me to be yore elderly asshole mentor here. You’ve got a brand new shiny toy that’s almost five months old.

You’ve got 300 loyal boy-toys who followed you here from RSS, all who enjoy the banter, the language freedom, the real inside info and the glorious pepperoni nipples.

Why would you charge less than than that sad little RSS board that we wanted to get another option from. Is there seriously anyone of your 300 members that wouldn’t pony up the $100 annually??

Go big or go home, son.....😘

But never make decisions based on what I want. You'll end up missing your kidney in a bathtub full of bombpops in a trailer park outside of Charleston WV

Why did you choose Charleston? Asking for a friend, even though WV is a long ways away for both me and my friend.

@HuskerGarrett, I'm not sure what to think about cheap or free membership options here, especially since there is no longer a separate forum for paid members.

I'll never have "inside" info, so it doesn't matter to me in that respect. However, hearing that people are joining after finding it through googling "platinum board," I have some reservations. I think it should remain "fun" for you and most of us, but the price structure should be such that you don't have to worry about paying for hosting and software licenses out of your pocket as a bare minimum. If you want it to be a family revenue stream, that's fine with me as well.

I agree with @Elizabeth Reed that you should find a price structure that values your work. At the same time, if cheap or free memberships are available, the platinum board moderators will need to do more to make sure the board does not become a shit show.

Again, this is only my opinion. I have no idea how you went about deciding who to invite, or how many other than BigCL are perma-bant.

At any rate, I advocate keeping tPB fun and affordable, both for Garrett and the other members, while also keeping those that get insider info comfortable enough to share it here.

@HuskerGarrett, I'm not sure what to think about cheap or free membership options here, especially since there is no longer a separate forum for paid members.

I'll never have "inside" info, so it doesn't matter to me in that respect. However, hearing that people are joining after finding it through googling "platinum board," I have some reservations. I think it should remain "fun" for you and most of us, but the price structure should be such that you don't have to worry about paying for hosting and software licenses out of your pocket as a bare minimum. If you want it to be a family revenue stream, that's fine with me as well.

I agree with @Elizabeth Reed that you should find a price structure that values your work. At the same time, if cheap or free memberships are available, the platinum board moderators will need to do more to make sure the board does not become a shit show.

Again, this is only my opinion. I have no idea how you went about deciding who to invite, or how many other than BigCL are perma-bant.

At any rate, I advocate keeping tPB fun and affordable, both for Garrett and the other members, while also keeping those that get insider info comfortable enough to share it here.
I would be thrilled if Garrett made a buck or two clear and free profit. He’s the one who took the initiative to put all of this together, he did all of the work, he’s worked and tweaked and babysat the whole thing.

He’s taken on 100% of the expense (with some reimbursement) and he oversees things every day. This is his baby. And I sincerely appreciate all he’s done.

That said, I would encourage anyone who’s on tPB on a free trial basis to send a little 💰💰💰 Garrett’s way to correct that. It’s all about capitalism, imo, and G took all the risk.

I vote $100 annual membership. I pay that to Deab and don’t get near as much in return.

Rant over.....

Theme customization system

You can customize some areas of the forum theme from this menu.

• Wide/Narrow view

You can control a structure that you can use to use your theme wide or narrow.

Grid view forum list

You can control the layout of the forum list in a grid or ordinary listing style structure.

Picture grid mode

You can control the structure where you can open/close images in the grid forum list.

Close sidebar

You can get rid of the crowded view in the forum by closing the sidebar.

Fixed sidebar

You can make it more useful and easier to access by pinning the sidebar.

Close radius

You can use the radius at the corners of the blocks according to your taste by closing/opening it.

• Color combinations cannot be used

Color combinations are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Backgrounds are not available!

Background checks are not available to you, this area may be restricted by administrators. Please contact the administrator for more information.

Back