Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

Basketball New basketball commit (3 Viewers)

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
can't find much on him. Has limited Hudl highlights. I am a big supporter of Hoiberg so I will trust him on this one. Seems like a developmental player. Doesn't look as athletic as some of the other bigs they were kicking the tires on.

MtnHusker

Heisman Winner
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
can't find much on him. Has limited Hudl highlights. I am a big supporter of Hoiberg so I will trust him on this one. Seems like a developmental player. Doesn't look as athletic as some of the other bigs they were kicking the tires on.

these highlights make him look much more athletic. I like these, can see plenty of upside. I'm not sure that's even the same players in those 2 posted videos. The player in the YouTube Video is impressive, that other one not as much. I'm going to assume it is the player in the YouTube as he is explosive, likes contact and hit a couple 3's. Love how physical he is plus initiates contact. Runs the floor well and was battling in the paint for rebound & blocked shots

Last edited:

Red Finger

Wide Receiver
Elite Member
tPB OG

That’s definitely not a guy that is seeing the floor this year. I agree though, plenty of athleticism there. Maybe they’ll get it out of him.

nja13

2x All-state FG/PAT holder
Elite Member

I don't think this is the right guy. Maybe just someone with the same name. In the interview below he says he first came to the U.S. in August 2022. That Hudl video is of a guy who played high school ball in Cincinnati since 2020.

BorWhiskey

Ziggy Stardust
Insider
Elite Member
Anyone know where you can buy the herbie basketball jerseys?

Btw, the adidas website has the swingman version on sale for like $38.

Baron Winnebago

Scrote Statistician
Elite Member
tPB OG
Confused Emma Stone GIF by SAG Awards

...TrueColors...

Graduate Assistant
Insider
these highlights make him look much more athletic. I like these, can see plenty of upside. I'm not sure that's even the same players in those 2 posted videos. The player in the YouTube Video is impressive, that other one not as much. I'm going to assume it is the player in the YouTube as he is explosive, likes contact and hit a couple 3's. Love how physical he is plus initiates contact. Runs the floor well and was battling in the paint for rebound & blocked shots

I’m a huge supporter of Hoiberg as well and I don’t think the lack of success is indicative of who he is as a coach to this point. I think he did his best job with the team he had last year after those two injuries. If we can add more talent to that brand of basketball, sign me up.

That being said, if you can get 15 minutes of floor time next year out of this kid to play defense on other teams’ bigs down low I think it’s a win. The message to him for me would be “They give you five fouls, use them.”

Huskers4420

Linebacker
I’m a huge supporter of Hoiberg as well and I don’t think the lack of success is indicative of who he is as a coach to this point. I think he did his best job with the team he had last year after those two injuries. If we can add more talent to that brand of basketball, sign me up.

That being said, if you can get 15 minutes of floor time next year out of this kid to play defense on other teams’ bigs down low I think it’s a win. The message to him for me would be “They give you five fouls, use them.”

I'm assuming you mean next year as in next season and not this coming season? Because I highly doubt he even sniffs the floor this year.

1HuskerDad

Defensive Coordinator
Interview with him from two weeks ago. He says he had recurring interest Oregon and UCLA among others.

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds