Welcome to tPB!

Please either login or register for an account to access the forums.

• Welcome to The Platinum Board! We are a Nebraska Cornhuskers news source and community. Please click "Log In" or "Register" above to gain access to the forums.

New Alternate Uniforms (2 Viewers)

huskerj12

Wide Receiver
tPB OG
I appreciate that our alternates have tuned down the wackiness and become more subtle "throwbacks", but they really make the hype videos seem silly haha.

Bootleg11

Graduate Assistant
Elite Member
I like them if recruits like them.

Although I don't think alternates matter to recruits anymore. I like them if it generates money for a donor that can then pay recruits.

That SOB Van Owen

In Mombasa drinkin’ gin
Elite Member
tPB OG
Isn’t this basically the same as the alts for the Wisconsin game a few years back? Maybe just with the N on the shoulder added?

TrentMilfer

Horny Walk-on
Insider
Elite Member
tPB OG
Pretty lame. So does these mean the black and white Blackshirt themed alternates that were really hyped up are dead?

BIGSTICK67

Board Chairman - TPB, LLC
Elite Member
tPB OG
Isn’t this basically the same as the alts for the Wisconsin game a few years back? Maybe just with the N on the shoulder added?

I "think" those were from the late 60's or early 70's if I recall correctly, so this is different......but also quite similar.

I think you may have been thinking of the NU on the helmet vs. only the N. I liked when Helu and Suh played and they had the black numbers on the helmet. I believe those were from the early 60's - but they were badass.

BIGSTICK67

Board Chairman - TPB, LLC
Elite Member
tPB OG
Wish we’d go the Alabama and Penn State route and say fuck alternates. We used to have an iconic uniform.

I think this is partially what Turd was talking about when he was hired. He realizes we need to be aware of what players like - by being open to changing things up. However, one thing he made quite clear is that there were WAY too many uniform combos; especially in baseball.

Due to those comments, I don't thing we'll see anything too extreme when it comes to alternate unis. Turd is big on branding, and believes uniforms are a significant part of your brand.

Hence, when we see the alternates they'll be toned down to something recognizable.

Last edited:

That SOB Van Owen

In Mombasa drinkin’ gin
Elite Member
tPB OG
I "think" those were from the late 60's or early 70's if I recall correctly, so this is different......but also quite similar.

I think you may have been thinking of the NU on the helmet vs. only the N. I liked when Helu and Suh played and they had the black numbers on the helmet. I believe those were from the early 60's - but they were badass.

I was thinking of 2017, I think they were actually from the 1997 team. Same concept as these with the faux mesh numbering. The 2022 ones just have a few stripes and “N” on the sleeve instead of numbers.

Attachments

• 9DEED0E2-FA2D-4CDB-B8B8-1FBFCB41777B.jpeg
    9DEED0E2-FA2D-4CDB-B8B8-1FBFCB41777B.jpeg
    169.7 KB · Views: 4

David Webb

JCTJB
Elite Member
theyre-shitty-ground-keepers.gif

Register

Creating an account on the forum is completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Users who are viewing this thread

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic backgrounds

Granite backgrounds